ADDONS

rogue.8249

It has been a VERY long time since i played GW2. Decided to come back and see whats changed , after i heard about this big patch that rolled out on the 25th.Considering it has been so long , i wanted to ask on the forums if GW2 changed their thoughts or anything with the application of addons?I know that long ago it was kinda iffy whether they was legal or not. I thought at first i would find simple to use addons for this game on curseforge or some other site like that but haven't found anything really that works.

Is there addons for this game to help with maps coordinates or things like that? Just didn't find much out there or a good place to get addons , if they are even out there to use. ESO and WoW has loads of addons so i figured GW2 would have some also. Thanks in advance for any help.

@Melech.4308 said:

@SexyMofo.8923 said:None are allowed. Stop cheating.

That's a bit presumptuous. Actually, that is VERY presumptuous.

@rogue.8249 said:It has been a VERY long time since i played GW2. Decided to come back and see whats changed , after i heard about this big patch that rolled out on the 25th.Considering it has been so long , i wanted to ask on the forums if GW2 changed their thoughts or anything with the application of addons?I know that long ago it was kinda iffy whether they was legal or not. I thought at first i would find simple to use addons for this game on curseforge or some other site like that but haven't found anything really that works.

Is there addons for this game to help with maps coordinates or things like that? Just didn't find much out there or a good place to get addons , if they are even out there to use. ESO and WoW has loads of addons so i figured GW2 would have some also. Thanks in advance for any help.

No addons officially, but there are some third party programs that help with maps and resources; TacO (Tactical Overlay) is one. Technically you can use (or create) any third party programs as long as it doesn't violate the terms.

Thanks for the answer. Yes i seen that taco addon , but couldnt understand how to install it.

@rogue.8249 said:

@rogue.8249 said:It has been a VERY long time since i played GW2. Decided to come back and see whats changed , after i heard about this big patch that rolled out on the 25th.Considering it has been so long , i wanted to ask on the forums if GW2 changed their thoughts or anything with the application of addons?I know that long ago it was kinda iffy whether they was legal or not. I thought at first i would find simple to use addons for this game on curseforge or some other site like that but haven't found anything really that works.

No addons officially, but there are some third party programs that help with maps and resources; TacO (Tactical Overlay) is one. Technically you can use (or create) any third party programs as long as it doesn't violate the terms.

Thanks for the answer. Yes i seen that taco addon , but couldnt understand how to install it.

Here you go:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39973/vid-how-to-install-taco-for-guild-wars-2-with-tekkits-workshop-guides

@Melech.4308 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:if macros, arcDps and taco is allowed, others should be allowed too (like Auto-sell scrap or seeing who has aggro)

Isn't your suggestion for auto-selling scrap the same as clicking on the "Sell Junk" button on a merchant?

correctly. its the tiny things that addons should improve.Like adding the option that blu&white things auto-salvage.

@Virdo.1540 said:if macros, arcDps and taco is allowed, others should be allowed too (like Auto-sell scrap or seeing who has aggro)

Nothing is allowed nor disallowed. The mistake people make is that they expect certain add-ons to be vetted ok. There is a user agreement and you should keep in the guidelines set out by that. That is your responsibility. Not that of an appmaker or that of Arenanet. It is also the reason why add-ons are not officially allowed.

Do not break rules

Wether you do this with add-ons or without doesn't matter.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:if macros, arcDps and taco is allowed, others should be allowed too (like Auto-sell scrap or seeing who has aggro)

Isn't your suggestion for auto-selling scrap the same as clicking on the "Sell Junk" button on a merchant?

correctly. its the tiny things that addons should improve.Like adding the option that blu&white things auto-salvage.

This also exists, right click on salvage tool.if you feel something is lacking, you can suggest it in forum (QOL) and they might look at it and officially add it to game, well "may be"

@Melech.4308 said:

Here you go:

Thanks for the link , i will try that and it seems like it would enhance the fun for the game. I appreciate everyone else's advice and info as well. Thanks all

@"rogue.8249" said:

Thanks for the link , i will try that and it seems like it would enhance the fun for the game. I appreciate everyone else's advice and info as well. Thanks all

Absolutely, it did for me. I actually started doing map-completions when I had this installed. Also great to track when the large events start in a lot of zones(much better then the wiki). Also great to see where those pesky golden coins, ancient relics, hidden stashes, Dwarven Treasure, and a thousand other "find all the ......." are.

@Virdo.1540 said:

Right clicking on your salvage and then clicking "salvage all greens and below" is not a lot of effort.

@rogue.8249 said:

Here you go:

I find Taco and the Mount Wheel extremely helpful and easy to use.