One dodge

Magolith.9412

@Genesis.5169 said:

@"campos.6520" said:It may be a dumb question, but, can someone please explain me what was SO unbalanced about Mirages having 2 dodges that was needed to reduce to 1? Also, what's the point of reducing dodge if the elite spec (ambush skills) totally relies on the dodge to give enough damage??? Like, ambush skills needs for nothing now, because I shouldn't use my dodge to use the ambush skill...I need the dodge only to dodge something now. Like, seriously, can someone tell me? Meanwhile, thief spec has 3 dodges, lots of evades (let's call it Mesmer's distortions) and invisbility (Mesmer does have it as well). Mesmer changed the dodges, but thieves no.

what logic do you seek?people cried about CI, removed from the gamethey cried about clones, scept 2 staff 3 nerfed.they cry about condi, condi damage nerfed by about 70%they cried about "perma dodging mesmer" scept 2 cd up by 50%, axe 3 up by 50% -50 endurance.that had nothing to do with balance, they wanted to remove mirage from viability

This is pretty much the timeline with nerfs missing.

ye didnt mention QQ mantras OP mantras nerfed.QQ chaos storm OP nerfed.QQ too much passive damage, staff ambush nerfed by 50%

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this post is spot on. its becoming ever more clear that the nerfs to mes. , especially in the last 2-ish yrs, are not well thought out, and the lack of tool tip updates (they just updated jaunt to show 2 instead of 3 recently) Are all good examples of the devs just trying to calm the QQ down from "main stream" classes. What other class has been reduced to one dodge?? none. WvW is 80% heavy. So Mesmer is right where they want it now, Basically unplayable. that's why they have not "fixed" crono. and now they wont undo mirage dodge. There has always been good player feedback on what they could do to make things better. but they just cut skills by 50% and call it "good". No thought, and taking the lazy way out. better to keep the masses happy and kill Mesmer. the sad thing is even if every Mesmer left the game, there are so few left it would not even budge their numbers. when have you ever been run over by a Mesmer/light class zerg? Never....The meta is go-heavy-or-go-home

Just accept it, the player base does not want mirage in PvP and if it's going to exist they want it to be a free kill.

The new developers are obliging. And people who don't play mirage are all cheering.

I've written plenty about how poorly thought out all the trade offs have been since Arenanet got this bug put their ass for whatever reason, not just chrono and mirage but other classes as well. This is like if Daredevil got -50% reduced Endurance regeneration as the "trade off" to having a third dodge roll bar. It just doesn't make any sense for what Mirage's strengths and weaknesses are supposed to be.

Overall, I think it's best to make peace with it and move on. Maybe enjoy some PvE for a bit or something, or take a break and enjoy another game. Anet hasn't reversed course on any of their other decisions regarding trade offs, even when they completely dumpstered certain builds like Druid who still don't see play anymore.

In the meantime all the other classes who wanted Mesmer and Mirage gone can go enjoy their unkillable core necro bunker meta.

As expected, anet killed mesmer entire profession with this patch.Mirage feels you're a lesser race.Chrono is clunky and mechanically annoying enough to the point where viability is no longer a topic. The elite is just too troublesome and stupidly overcomplicated to be fun to play.And core has suffered so many nerfs over the years in the failed attempt to balance elites, that even without latest patch nerf it would still be underpowered in current situation.

Hesitating if definitely moving to rev and play broken-than-previous-condi-mirage condi builds there, or simply moving on from this game...

RIP Mirage in WvW. I don't play PvP anymore, so I cannot comment on that situation. But I can think of no other profession that is so convoluted that neither of it's elite specializations are usable in a competitive game mode.

Does anyone remember way back when Anet took the reveal on thief from 2 sec to 3 sec, and it was totally unplayable and had to be reverted? This dodge debacle is like that. It is a terrible implementation, Anet needs to admit they underestimated the impact it would have, and give us our second dodge back. And then we can talk about how bad the Mirage deception ult skills are, and why Mirage Cloak generated from mirrors is not a replacement for having vigor and two dodges.

@darwins ghost.7961 said:RIP Mirage in WvW. I don't play PvP anymore, so I cannot comment on that situation. But I can think of no other profession that is so convoluted that neither of it's elite specializations are usable in a competitive game mode.

Does anyone remember way back when Anet took the reveal on thief from 2 sec to 3 sec, and it was totally unplayable and had to be reverted? This dodge debacle is like that. It is a terrible implementation, Anet needs to admit they underestimated the impact it would have, and give us our second dodge back. And then we can talk about how bad the Mirage deception ult skills are, and why Mirage Cloak generated from mirrors is not a replacement for having vigor and two dodges.

for all its worth I dont think mirage would be any good with 2 dodges.its lost all its damage, pistol 4 does 2k bleed. to anyone reading it its as much as 4s cd mark from necro.Unless some power mirage becomes good mirage wouldnt be played with 2 dodges by anything other then die hard mesmers anyways.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

for all its worth I dont think mirage would be any good with 2 dodges.its lost all its damage, pistol 4 does 2k bleed. to anyone reading it its as much as 4s cd mark from necro.Unless some power mirage becomes good mirage wouldnt be played with 2 dodges by anything other then die hard mesmers anyways.

You just described me. I always liked the power mirage, because I like the play style. The risk/reward was worth it to me, because it was fun. I am just an average player, who roams alone and is looking to engage and be engaged. I do not win all my fights, am prone to stupid mistakes, and sometimes just totally screw up a fight. But I always wanted to come back for more, because I felt that the Mirage profession would reward me when I learned something and got better, got more consistent.

So for me, two dodges does make a difference to a Mirage in WvW.

• It is an extra clone for shattering, one more ambush skill, one more trigger of IH, hence more dps.
  • It is a chance to keep fighting, and not resign.
  • It is a double-dodge, to get through a gate that has been all marked up.
  • It is two sword leaps, to try a catch a fleeing foe, or to get away from one.

The loss of overall damage is fairly substantial, and hampers what is supposed to be a burst/aversion class, but the loss of the second dodge did it for me. It is just an ugly, slow, cumbersome play style now that cannot match the gap opening/closing of other professions. Ones we used to be able to match up with. Outnumbered fighting? It got that much harder. To the bold, goes the nerfs.

At it's inception, we had two dodges, longer super speed and three Jaunts. Today we do not, we are down a dodge and a Jaunt, with less super speed. Did Anet fail to calculate just how good the class would be? Because now it feels like Anet is saying Mirage was a mistake. Two for two Anet, on the mesmer elites.

Mesmer is no longer my main. If Anet decides to revert this change, I would come back in a heart beat. Without, it is just a bridge too far. To harken back to an old GW2 official forum meme, I am falling down the leaderboards, my wife has left me. All is vain.

If anyone has any suggestions for a new profession to main in WvW roaming, I am all ears. I ran some power DE last night, tonight it will be Engi for reset.

twododges #makemiragegreatagain

@"ArlAlt.1630" said:My 2 cents on the patch:WvW Mirage is still very much viable and not much has changed, because of endurance food.PvP Mirage just got promoted to most zergable target. You remember that good old "train the scourge" moto? That's us now.

after playing some 2v2 with mirage, its preety much balls to the wall all in, land every single skill and hope enemy dies, becouse you aint getting out :DHad fights where I landed every single ability, enemy didnt die so I died even when I dodged all important skills that I had tools to dodge. LuL

@"ArlAlt.1630" said:My 2 cents on the patch:WvW Mirage is still very much viable and not much has changed, because of endurance food.PvP Mirage just got promoted to most zergable target. You remember that good old "train the scourge" moto? That's us now.

Mesmer always was a good first target in teamfights. Endurance food food doesnt change that it is 1 dodge on the bar, so your food is mostly wasted since you have half the base pool with no reserve in your pool. You have no second dodge to let you troll zergs and get them to break off and chase for a kill. None of the things that made Mirage good/fun for me can still be done. Im glad you are finding something I guess, but part of me thinks you should just let Mirage die with its pathetic one dodge and wet noodle damage.

Yep. I can't speak for pvp, but mirage certainly still solid in wvw, though a little clunkier than one would hope.

I think the two things in wvw keeping things going are food and sigils (both energy at 50 and cleansing at 3 conditions).

Despite the nerf I've actually enjoyed play time after the patch more than before, because of the reduced spam and general slower more tactical pace of combat.

@Curunen.8729 said:

Yep. I can't speak for pvp, but mirage certainly still solid in wvw, though a little clunkier than one would hope.

I think the two things in wvw keeping things going are food and sigils (both energy at 50 and cleansing at 3 conditions).

Despite the nerf I've actually enjoyed play time after the patch more than before, because of the reduced spam and general slower more tactical pace of combat.

I have no idea why you would take Mirage at this point over Core Mesmer. Seems like you are just gimping yourself.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

I have no idea why you would take Mirage at this point over Core Mesmer. Seems like you are just gimping yourself.

/shrug, because I like the aesthetics enough to stick with it?

Obviously need many more hours play to get a good range of experience, but so far I have no reason to switch.

@Curunen.8729 said:

/shrug, because I like the aesthetics enough to stick with it?

Obviously need many more hours play to get a good range of experience, but so far I have no reason to switch.

Ok, but so far from what I can see everyone will continue to complain and say u need need nerfs and mirage is low skill trash no matter how much work you put into it when you have success w it anyway . So I personally just dont understand the motive.

I won't miss the staff camper while clones do all the work gameplay, say what you want..it was easy peazy gameplay with maximum reward and every one and their mother unable to win the normal way would do the same thing over and over : switch to condi mirage to win duels and now you're trying to tell me those individuals capable of winning only on condi mirages and nothing else( they could not even run power shatter without being killed)....were in truth skilled individuals...give me a break already!

P.S The playerbase would campaign for the removal of Infinite horizon if the dodge drawback get reverted

@Arheundel.6451 said:I won't miss the staff camper while clones do all the work gameplay, say what you want..it was easy peazy gameplay with maximum reward and every one and their mother unable to win the normal way would do the same thing over and over : switch to condi mirage to win duels and now you're trying to tell me those individuals capable of winning only on condi mirages and nothing else( they could not even run power shatter without being killed)....were in truth skilled individuals...give me a break already!

P.S The playerbase would campaign for the removal of Infinite horizon if the dodge drawback get reverted1) Damage ouput of this type of build take like 10 to 15 sec to setup...2) We got this gameplay because people whine against damage on shatter.3) Every mirages plat+ can play every mesmers builds should it be power/condi/trolling builds.

But yeah it's sad to have to get focused/bursted versus opponent with better mobility/gap closer and who spam aoe.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Moradorin.6217 said:Seems like the best thing anyone can do for Mesmer/Mirge/Chrono is to just retire the class totally.

Just retire gw2. BDO is free on steam (haven't tried it yet but it is on my library now)

\o/ im there already

Nice tip !