celestial core engi with kits is viable now !

Lacko.6572

I've met quite a few of what I think is similarly built cele cores in WvW, though most (if not all) used the rifle instead. Guess they where trying things out with explosives. Very flexible build with several nasty ccs, but I didnt really have any major issues 1v1 using condi core. They got the sustain but not the pressure. Seems to me like the kind of build that would fall over like a domino to a decent +1.

I ran something similar in WvW last night, I have more sustain and might stacking built in. 1v1 I'd call it pretty stellar. I'd almost want to run a shield off hand in some situations, but glue shot is great too. It held up well up to +2, not necessarily winnable, but depending on what your up against ok. There's still rangers, thieves, and mesmers that can + and turn it bad fast. Biggest weakness I found was being able to disengage when it got bad, I don't feel like there's room for rocket boots on the bar.

@Tinnel.4369 said:I ran something similar in WvW last night, I have more sustain and might stacking built in. 1v1 I'd call it pretty stellar. I'd almost want to run a shield off hand in some situations, but glue shot is great too. It held up well up to +2, not necessarily winnable, but depending on what your up against ok. There's still rangers, thieves, and mesmers that can + and turn it bad fast. Biggest weakness I found was being able to disengage when it got bad, I don't feel like there's room for rocket boots on the bar.

I had the same issue. Rocket boots is a must but i cannot find any room for it. And elite is not that impactful compared to scrapper and holo ones .

@alain.1659 said:

@Tinnel.4369 said:I ran something similar in WvW last night, I have more sustain and might stacking built in. 1v1 I'd call it pretty stellar. I'd almost want to run a shield off hand in some situations, but glue shot is great too. It held up well up to +2, not necessarily winnable, but depending on what your up against ok. There's still rangers, thieves, and mesmers that can + and turn it bad fast. Biggest weakness I found was being able to disengage when it got bad, I don't feel like there's room for rocket boots on the bar.

I had the same issue. Rocket boots is a must but i cannot find any room for it. And elite is not that impactful compared to scrapper and holo ones .Well if you use the shitty supply drop then yeah. Moa on the other hand can singlehandedly win fights and is pretty much the only thing that lets you kill real sustain (immortal combo eles etc).

@Dawdler.8521 said:

I had the same issue. Rocket boots is a must but i cannot find any room for it. And elite is not that impactful compared to scrapper and holo ones .Well if you use the kitten supply drop then yeah. Moa on the other hand can singlehandedly win fights and is pretty much the only thing that lets you kill real sustain (immortal combo eles etc).

Actually I tend to use the friggin mortal, as i usually need a water field if I go AED :) But even moa does not feel that strong when compared to stealt or heavy cc. Still gonna try it again.

I wish engi had more utility slots and mpre trait slots.