[Video] Power Mirage Roaming + gameplay tips

dubidubidubidu.5308

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@apharma.3741 said:Just popping in to say I still like your videos, glad you don't play all the really strong stuff but it's a shame you're getting hit with nerf bats too. Keep it up! @"Jazz.4639"

aaawww big thx its nice to hear that <3 my youtube is a bit in summerbreak atm but i will do more vids soon.

luckily my main build (power mirage support hybrid) didnt rly get nerfed that much until now. the f2 change wasnt as bad as i first thought, i even like it now. but if they do with mirage spec the same stupid things they did with chrono, then i dont know what i will do. no ip and no f4 is so bad. the worst thing is that you cant rly combo anymore with chrono what takes away some of its identity and also some skillneed away from the mesmer class that should be in every elite spec no matter of its nature. if they take away ip from mirage and kill distortion the same way by put a useless 1 sec invul on an shatter you need to use for other things at other times instead for surviving, then it might be the first time i get mad enough to do a break or stop playing the game. im so sad and mad about the insanely bad chrono changes…

Well the nerf brigade are out in full force. They want CI deleting from the game, last I checked interrupt traits actually needed skill to use and you quite like interrupt builds. Either way I lost hope in the devs and the community is largely bad and first order thinkers.

Absolutely! People spread gw2 saying the community is awesome, the best ever and stuff like that. I for one never played a game with a community as awful as this one. Bunch of salty qqers with little to no idea of balance.And what's worse, the devs balance the game taking qq in account.

As for this topic, if Jazz says this last patch is bad, I think it rests the case, seeing as Jazz is one of the best, if not the best, mesmer in game.

dunno about that but big thx for the compliment <3i dont mind that they changed the shatters nature into something more chrono specific, like reducing the dmg from mindwrack and give some dmg back when you do something chrono specific (more dmg when slowed) but deleting ip totally kills it together with more or less deleting distortion. also combine distortion with cs doesnt make any sense, bc both shatters need to be used in totally different situations for totally different reasons at totally different times. chrono isnt a mesmer for me anymore at this point, it doesnt even have instant shatters in that sense. when i log on chrono and see a class with completely grayed out instant class mechanics i just log off. it makes no sense. im not even saying you cant make working builds with it (you clearly can), but it feels unfun and clunky and not like a spec of a mesmer anymore and it doesnt at all higher the skillneed to play this spec. so its not even a challenge to play chrono its just unfun. if mirage gets such poorly changes too i maybe rage quit. rip power shatter chrono you will be missed!

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@apharma.3741 said:Just popping in to say I still like your videos, glad you don't play all the really strong stuff but it's a shame you're getting hit with nerf bats too. Keep it up! @"Jazz.4639"

aaawww big thx its nice to hear that <3 my youtube is a bit in summerbreak atm but i will do more vids soon.

luckily my main build (power mirage support hybrid) didnt rly get nerfed that much until now. the f2 change wasnt as bad as i first thought, i even like it now. but if they do with mirage spec the same stupid things they did with chrono, then i dont know what i will do. no ip and no f4 is so bad. the worst thing is that you cant rly combo anymore with chrono what takes away some of its identity and also some skillneed away from the mesmer class that should be in every elite spec no matter of its nature. if they take away ip from mirage and kill distortion the same way by put a useless 1 sec invul on an shatter you need to use for other things at other times instead for surviving, then it might be the first time i get mad enough to do a break or stop playing the game. im so sad and mad about the insanely bad chrono changes…

Well the nerf brigade are out in full force. They want CI deleting from the game, last I checked interrupt traits actually needed skill to use and you quite like interrupt builds. Either way I lost hope in the devs and the community is largely bad and first order thinkers.

Absolutely! People spread gw2 saying the community is awesome, the best ever and stuff like that. I for one never played a game with a community as awful as this one. Bunch of salty qqers with little to no idea of balance.And what's worse, the devs balance the game taking qq in account.

As for this topic, if Jazz says this last patch is bad, I think it rests the case, seeing as Jazz is one of the best, if not the best, mesmer in game.

dunno about that but big thx for the compliment <3i dont mind that they changed the shatters nature into something more chrono specific, like reducing the dmg from mindwrack and give some dmg back when you do something chrono specific (more dmg when slowed) but deleting ip totally kills it together with more or less deleting distortion. also combine distortion with cs doesnt make any sense, bc both shatters need to be used in totally different situations for totally different reasons at totally different times. chrono isnt a mesmer for me anymore at this point, it doesnt even have instant shatters in that sense. when i log on chrono and see a class with completely grayed out instant class mechanics i just log off. it makes no sense. im not even saying you cant make working builds with it (you clearly can), but it feels unfun and clunky and not like a spec of a mesmer anymore and it doesnt at all higher the skillneed to play this spec. so its not even a challenge to play chrono its just unfun. if mirage gets such poorly changes too i maybe rage quit. rip power shatter chrono you will be missed!

Now think what they will do to:Chaotic Interruption.Mirage when they finally finish nerfing everything below the floor.

It's really been a pleasure Jazz. Thank you.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

It's really been a pleasure Jazz. Thank you.

why this sounds like a good bye? oO

• 4 weeks later...

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Cant see the vids on my work PC, however I assume you are in EU? I would love to spar with you with my DPS Mirage roaming build if you were ever in NA. Always looking for good mirages to practice against as it may help me better my skillz :)

ye im eu sry :(

Ive been debating transferring to EU again for roaming purposes. I was invited by a guild to join them for WvW (organized havoc) and ive been debating it ever since. They have "guild training" aka...guild sparring with each other and learn to work together. I heard roaming is intense and thats what I mainly do. Dunno how bad ping will be tho lol.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Cant see the vids on my work PC, however I assume you are in EU? I would love to spar with you with my DPS Mirage roaming build if you were ever in NA. Always looking for good mirages to practice against as it may help me better my skillz :)

Ive been debating transferring to EU again for roaming purposes. I was invited by a guild to join them for WvW (organized havoc) and ive been debating it ever since. They have "guild training" aka...guild sparring with each other and learn to work together. I heard roaming is intense and thats what I mainly do. Dunno how bad ping will be tho lol.

dunno the first times i was na with my main acc because of some help requests i had like 160+ ping, 50% packetlos and other instabilities like jitter but that is most likely because of my trash connection (its better in eu but still bad). prob will be better for you in eu than for me in na ;)

@viquing.8254 said:Fun as usual. Thanks for sharing.IoL is pretty fun but it's really hard to give up arcane thievery when we get used to :p .Though IoL is certainly more usefull in game, while testing it since your last vid I was stunned by the reset fight potential and come back it give.

ye its insane how much you can carry games with it. perfect replacement for portal (still miss portal tho). big thx for watching <3 im happy you could enjoy!

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Cant see the vids on my work PC, however I assume you are in EU? I would love to spar with you with my DPS Mirage roaming build if you were ever in NA. Always looking for good mirages to practice against as it may help me better my skillz :)

dunno the first times i was na with my main acc because of some help requests i had like 160+ ping, 50% packetlos and other instabilities like jitter but that is most likely because of my trash connection (its better in eu but still bad). prob will be better for you in eu than for me in na ;)

May still transfer over for a short period of time to check it out. Only way to get gud is to face off against better

@"Jazz.4639", absolutely great videos! Even that I dont "main" mesmer (I play it, yes), these give lots of very valuable insight to the class, of course also about the terms of counterplay (but that's, as you know, is the purpose, it is or should be about the skills, not about some secret hidden magic behind playing) :D

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

May still transfer over for a short period of time to check it out. Only way to get gud is to face off against better

just add my acc (jazz.4639) and whisper me when you arrive in eu and see me online :) but wondering if there are no mesmers in na you could ask for that purpose without all the effort to transfer for gems, different timezones, maybe shit ping and such.

@TamX.1870 said:@"Jazz.4639", absolutely great videos! Even that I dont "main" mesmer (I play it, yes), these give lots of very valuable insight to the class, of course also about the terms of counterplay (but that's, as you know, is the purpose, it is or should be about the skills, not about some secret hidden magic behind playing) :D

aww big thx, im very happy to hear that <3

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

just add my acc (jazz.4639) and whisper me when you arrive in eu and see me online :) but wondering if there are no mesmers in na you could ask for that purpose without all the effort to transfer for gems, different timezones, maybe kitten ping and such.

@TamX.1870 said:@"Jazz.4639", absolutely great videos! Even that I dont "main" mesmer (I play it, yes), these give lots of very valuable insight to the class, of course also about the terms of counterplay (but that's, as you know, is the purpose, it is or should be about the skills, not about some secret hidden magic behind playing) :D

I need more/better fights (roamer/small scale) lol. It may be worth it

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

just add my acc (jazz.4639) and whisper me when you arrive in eu and see me online :) but wondering if there are no mesmers in na you could ask for that purpose without all the effort to transfer for gems, different timezones, maybe kitten ping and such.

I need more/better fights (roamer/small scale) lol. It may be worth it

when you have more than one reason then yes ofc could worth it ;) you can make a f2p acc to test some stuff out before you use gems. like ping and check wvw population and such things. after anet destraded off mirage like chrono you will be happy that you already will be used to the one and only playable mesmer spec core lol...

• 1 month later...

hi i promised to do a f2p roaming vid some time ago and now i finally had the time for it. playing pure glass core shatter mesmer. the few oneshots are only for editing purposes as always and none of the ppl i attacked were afk and they all could see me being around before i attacked/ stealthed.

pls notice the vid description/ pinned comment under the vid. feedback, esp a comment on youtube, a like and a subs are always welcome to support my channel. :)sry for the noob editing btw...

pls notice the giveaway: 5 Aurene Outfit codes will be given away! all you need to do is to comment on the video on youtube and add "aurene ftw" and you are in. more informations you can find in the vid description/ pinned comment under the vid on youtube. good luck!

i hope you can enjoy! greetings jazz

• 2 months later...

Hi new vid up! :)

If you dont like (long christmas) intros start the vid @ 1:14! Dont take the intro serious, i actually love christmas! :) STAY TUNED, first vid next year will include an aurene outfit giveaway again! Merry christmas and a happy new year for all of you! <3

If you want to support me/ my channel: a like and comment on yt is always appreciated!

I recorded a bit of mirage pvp gameplay over the last week and played some wvw with core mes last weekend. Aside from that, the vid includes 2 older bonus chrono clips (2 of the last i had on my disk, rip) and a few shorter pvp clips are also a bit older.

First pvp match includes a lot of text editing to cover some tips for something i saw a lot of ppl struggling with (pu mes) in my matches. After that the text editing gets remarkable less, if you dont like the textediting just ignore it!

Sry for the low effort editing but yeah i needed to finish the vid fast.

I hope you can enjoy the vid overall! Notice the vid description/ pinned comment pls!

Hi, thanks for sharing !During a second I though you take quickness on rupt before realised it was core vids with quickness on phantasms. :3I have doubt about power block efficiency in the current meta (like can you +1 pressure a weaver with it?) but like usual, for a play for fun concept, why not.Sad we didn't see IoL use. :'(About PU encouter, nice to highligh how to negate the "umprevisible burst" while being constantly moving. B)Nice gameplay as usual.That said, Merry christmas and a happy new year !

@"viquing.8254" said:Hi, thanks for sharing !During a second I though you take quickness on rupt before realised it was core vids with quickness on phantasms. :3I have doubt about power block efficiency in the current meta (like can you +1 pressure a weaver with it?) but like usual, for a play for fun concept, why not.Sad we didn't see IoL use. :'(About PU encouter, nice to highligh how to negate the "umprevisible burst" while being constantly moving. B)Nice gameplay as usual.That said, Merry christmas and a happy new year !

big thx <3actually i have no problem to get enough value out of powerblock, also my build doesnt rly make sense without it. i can +1 most weavers, good is when you are aware of how long the duel is already going there so you dont arrive right at the start. also it is not always needed to +1 for a kill. if you have a teammate you see can stall without problems then all you need to do is to presure him offpoint until your teammate has a cap and then leave and let the ele be useless there when staying. the strength of my build is, that it is very flexible in how to rotate and that it can peel for and support the team way better than any other power variant, you lose some easy applied range dmg for that but for me it totally worth it.if you prefer to play without powerblock i would recommend to play the na powermirage version with signet utilities instead, that build makes way more sense with imag. burden trait, since ist purpose is not to go for interrupts and peels, its more about applying range pressure from gs ambushes and phantasms from save places and only go in after a successful focus pull to finish targets. Shorter cd and more dmg on zerkers and cripple are rly good for that playstyle or even mental anguish because you have double shatters with soi. but for my build it makes no sense without pb.actually i am not a for fun player, i do a lot of effort to permanently improve my gameplay (if it still worth the effort is another thing lol) and always had the goal to compete on high lvl skillwise, also on uncommon builds. ofc im not interested in making money from esl with it and that is not possible in gw2 anymore anyway, so im for sure not a pro but i would call myself a casual tryhard or something like that. "challenge player" prob fits the best to describe what i like to do. Edit: what i wanted to say with that is, that pb is not only a for fun choice, its a viable choice also in high tier pvp/ when tryharding in my opinion.

there is one iol use in the vid, i had so many in the 2 previous pvp vids, promoting that skill hard, so i thought it maybe starts to get boring to watch. but next pvp vid i can add more of them again :)

• 2 months later...

ATTENTION: 5 Aurene Outfits Giveaway in the end of the vid!

one day after patch i finally could try the new imba one dodge mesmer spec and start my 2v2 placements. I just used my old interrupt support burst power build and jumped into placements to test out current balance. i duo-ed with a friend and as you can hear (in german)/ or read (english subtitle directly included in the vid) we had some fun doing jokes about that crippled mirage spec. Overall the balance is not that good atm (too tanky) with few classes dominating the 2v2 scene, still we managed to have some fun. 2v2 in general is a great addition to the game.

the vid is not the usual montage vid, it is more near to a twitch vod upload (take it as a stream preparation upload, i wanna see if twitch stream content would be something ppl like and are interested in or not with adding the voice and with that all the crap i talk. so pls tell me in comments if you would be intersted in me trying to start streaming some day or not.

sooooo that means that it is a rly long vid but to make it interesting enough it includes voice chat, a lot of funny stuff, some educational stuff in terms of good and bad decision making in 2v2, memes and ofc a little bit of salt. all in all clearly worth watching over the whole duration i think. also i needed 2 whole days (and i rly mean around 48 hours) to write the english subtitle, so i hope at least a few of you do the effort to watch the whole vid.

Pls leave a like, a subs and a comment if you like, to support my channel! thx!

EDIT: Btw during recording the vid was planned as normal montage with high lights from placements, so way shorter and with my usual music instead voice audio. So nothing in this vid was said on purpose with this vid in mind. It was just normal talking during playing and discord voicing! Nothing posed (not even the intro is posed, i just put the intro Video footage over the ingame footage while we were waiting for your first q Pop and standing in the mists). When rewatching the footage i then found a lot of stuff funny and/ or interesting enough to be included in the vid.

This carry :pFun to watch.Otherwise, I'm thinking that currently, seeing your vid and what I meet, best comp with mesmer are with rev or ele for the CC and Condiclear they bring so you can do something.But fighting all this aoe spammer is just hell, I just came from a FB/rev, 40% blind and 40% aegis&block uptime, damage spammed from aoe, they didn't even need to select me... And kitting is pretty fun versus a mace/axe rev.When I fight nec comp, I swap to power core with signets trait and moa as ult.Did you give a try to focus instead of torch ? (sometimes fun to grab/burst like in old time.)

@viquing.8254 said:This carry :pFun to watch.Otherwise, I'm thinking that currently, seeing your vid and what I meet, best comp with mesmer are with rev or ele for the CC and Condiclear they bring so you can do something.But fighting all this aoe spammer is just hell, I just came from a FB/rev, 40% blind and 40% aegis&block uptime, damage spammed from aoe, they didn't even need to select me... And kitting is pretty fun versus a mace/axe rev.When I fight nec comp, I swap to power core with signets trait and moa as ult.Did you give a try to focus instead of torch ? (sometimes fun to grab/burst like in old time.)

one dodge carry much wowzi! :lol:thx im glad you like it!yeah the condiremove from my rev friend was rly good at some point (27 stacks torment oO)yeah it is not rly fun to fight fb/rev/necro with some eles here and there over and over.yes inspi core signet is a build i give when ppl ask for a not completely handicapped power mes build. moa is rly good in 2v2 esp vs necro (with 2 dodge bar you dont need extra mobility from jaunt and take moa or mass if no necro instead) and since condis are a bigger offender than power dmg atm inspi can shine even more. with signet invuln and 2 dodges you have also way more def skills than a power interupt mirage, without rly losing dmg compared to it (if you go superior complex instead de you even have more dmg in add to more def thats just lol).i didnt play focus since they buffed it, i loved it before that very much for the high skilled combos you needed to do to make the phantasm hit. you know i like challenges ;) but focus in 2v2 instead torch should work fine, is probs even stronger.thx for watching and for the feedback <3

• 2 weeks later...

hi new vid up, pls notice the vid desription and the pinned comment under the vid (very important this time, because i added the explanations and tips with timestamps in my pinned youtube comment under the vid this time and not directly in the vid itself as usual, for the 30 minutes of silence purpose). i hope few of you can enjoy the last 2 dodge footage (in case anet doesnt start thinking)! feedback/ comments here and on youtube just as likes/ thumbs ups and subs to support my channel are as always very appreciated! o/