Thieves ruin WvW

Gondolph.7201

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:That build is an easy kill lol. Now p/d is suddenly a problem?ps - do you have some kind of rss feed or something to alert you whenever thief related stuff gets posted on youtube? it's hilarious. You could actually be spending all this time creatively thinking about sane fixes for thief players but instead chose to go down the toxic road. Please, if anything see how this isn't a good look.

Power, Condition and Bunker is how Guild Wars 2 balance itself. Just like everyone else,Thief Profession adjusts itself with the meta of choice.

The Toxic road in all of this is and why this isn't a good look is...... for the past 8 years......there is nothing new to this

-No Lessons Were Learned-
  1. Thief Profession can still +1 shot
  2. Thief Profession condition is still Toxic
  3. Thief Profession can still perma-stealth
  4. Thief Profession can still stack stealth
  5. Thief Profession Mechanics and Skills remain Toxic
  6. Thief Profession Teleport continue to be exploitable
  7. Thief Profession is still Bad Design

The only remedy to this is for a complete redesign or to completely remove this profession altogether

until than......Guild Wars will never coexist with Toxicity

Y4ifWoO.jpg

As I've said before, you just straight up hate thief. You base your position on that emotional reaction rather than relying on on any logical argument. It's fine to hate the class, just admit it for what it is dude.

On a more personal note, be careful how you quote the Bible. I don't imagine God likes His words being taken out of context any more than we do.

Solomon-Proverb are everyday applicable lessons.and guidlines. The quote I used are the lessons of repetitions and the reality of continual unlearned lessons.and seeing it for what it is

Speaking of God, God want his words to be applicable through actions, not by words. With growth through learning and telling us the harsh reality when they aren't meet.

We are human after all including Anet and us players. We all make mistakes and the results of it are through our actions.

Words not action will turn things around. Until than, this is the reality and the casualties when serious actions are continually being thrown under the rug.

The main lesson here is, 'Nothing Will Change If You Don't Change'

'"Thief Profession will never change if it is not redesigned'"

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:That build is an easy kill lol. Now p/d is suddenly a problem?ps - do you have some kind of rss feed or something to alert you whenever thief related stuff gets posted on youtube? it's hilarious. You could actually be spending all this time creatively thinking about sane fixes for thief players but instead chose to go down the toxic road. Please, if anything see how this isn't a good look.

Power, Condition and Bunker is how Guild Wars 2 balance itself. Just like everyone else,Thief Profession adjusts itself with the meta of choice.

The Toxic road in all of this is and why this isn't a good look is...... for the past 8 years......there is nothing new to this

The only remedy to this is for a complete redesign or to completely remove this profession altogether

Y4ifWoO.jpg

As I've said before, you just straight up hate thief. You base your position on that emotional reaction rather than relying on on any logical argument. It's fine to hate the class, just admit it for what it is dude.

On a more personal note, be careful how you quote the Bible. I don't imagine God likes His words being taken out of context any more than we do.

Solomon-Proverb are everyday applicable lessons.and guidlines. The quote I used are the lessons of repetitions and the reality of continual unlearned lessons.and seeing it for what it is

Speaking of God, God want his words to be applicable through actions, not by words. With growth through learning and telling us the harsh reality when they aren't meet.

We are human afterall including Anet and us players. We all make mistakes and the results of it are by our actions.

Words not action will turn things arround. Until than, this is the reality and the casualities when serious actions are continually being thrown under the rug.

The main lesson here us, 'Nothing Will Change If You Don't Change'

'"Thief Profession will never be healthy or competitive to the game and it's community unless f its redesigned'"

You're right in a sense about the book of proverbs, although that book has an underlying theme too, read chapters 1 to 3 through in one sitting and you'll see that it's not just a collection of wise sayings. That quote however is from Ecclesiastes, which shows the futility of man's work and of living for any reason other than to glorify God. Applying that quote to an MMO is really not the right context at all haha

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Y4ifWoO.jpg

We are human afterall including Anet and us players. We all make mistakes and the results of it are by our actions.

Words not action will turn things arround. Until than, this is the reality and the casualities when serious actions are continually being thrown under the rug.

The main lesson here us, 'Nothing Will Change If You Don't Change'

'"Thief Profession will never be healthy or competitive to the game and it's community unless f its redesigned'"

You're right in a sense about the book of proverbs, although that book has an underlying theme too, read chapters 1 to 3 through in one sitting and you'll see that it's not just a collection of wise sayings. That quote however is from Ecclesiastes, which shows the futility of man's work and of living for any reason other than to glorify God. Applying that quote to an MMO is really not the right context at all haha

+1Oyyscok.gif

you are right, i was wrong. I will learn my lessons from now on

Hi guys !I hope you enjoyed my new video about the new condi snip ;) ( build specialization add in description now )

First sorry for my bad english ( i don't use google trad ) so please be cool with me :)

I just want to say : The most imporant when you play Gw2 is the community.YOU are awesome ! When a class got nerfed by Anet you are more stronger than the nerf and you find some better build !Since Gw1 it's always the same thing and i like this.

Concerning the thief .... in video sure it's good, powerful etc ... but the reality is not exactly the same you can see.No Stab / no life etc .... hard to 1vs3 ... not an easy class to play ....but we got stealth and good mobility.But so many other classes are so so so good too !!!!The unkillable druideThe condi mirageThe new condi revenant ! ( going to make a video on him ^^ )The weavers :) so hard to play but so good to see good players play that, i enjoy it ^^

Btw, all classes got nerfed ! that's a factBut I know You are going to find some other good build to make this patch a good patch :)And don't worry ( thief are more easy to kill since the update ;) )

Peace guys

And sorry for my poor english ^^

Kazuya

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:even with detection, good thieves can dodge you for long enough to get stealth mode back again, and still kill very quick, no matter the dps nerf (
plus they can go condi even more comfy now, since the cleanses got nerfed.
) still, not their 1v1 capabilities are the problem.

thief roamer packs are pretty annoying but numbers often win. i don't agree with saying "thieves ruin wvw" tho, but they should not exactly be getting too much attention when balancing.
they got buffed kinda again as beeing the most efficient killers again, since most dps got reduced way stronger than theirs.

keep hiding thieves ARE problems. completely nuts that this is even possible.

+1

'Guess who's back.....again?''Gw2 WvW Condi Deadeye is back !'

(current--build....stay tune.....)

So question...how bad is it to not have sb for mobility/slow somes res?

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:even with detection, good thieves can dodge you for long enough to get stealth mode back again, and still kill very quick, no matter the dps nerf (

thief roamer packs are pretty annoying but numbers often win. i don't agree with saying "thieves ruin wvw" tho, but they should not exactly be getting too much attention when balancing.
they got buffed kinda again as beeing the most efficient killers again, since most dps got reduced way stronger than theirs.

+1

...you think he's playing thief? :lol:

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

+1

...you think he's playing thief? :lol:

Looks like a thief spec to me :p

Hello everyone,

And thank you for this thread @"Gondolph.7201" :) It is just a personal point of view, but I do not completely agree about nerfing the thief. Before the "Unbalanced patch" of February 25, same a pretty bad Warrior was able to kill condi thiefs:

And I am not sure that the Warrior is the best to clean condi.So, for me the issue come from the "Unbalanced patch".

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 rights, but not all the thiefs can play as XxkazuyaxXX the master of thieves.

@Kronan.6712 said:Hello everyone,

And thank you for this thread @"Gondolph.7201" :) It is just a personal point of view, but I do not completely agree about nerfing the thief. Before the "Unbalanced patch" of February 25, same a pretty bad Warrior was able to kill condi thiefs:

And I am not sure that the Warrior is the best to clean condi.So, for me the issue come from the "Unbalanced patch".

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 rights, but not all the thiefs can play as XxkazuyaxXX the master of thieves.

Didnt know Sindrender also went by XxkazuyaxXX

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Yes sorry @Bigpapasmurf.5623 master of thieves was really exaggerated.

@Kronan.6712 said:

I currently run the condi rifle build (SB for getaways or to stun res's) however this gave me an idea. How do you think the build would be impacted if you used Binding Shadows over Blinding Powder?

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Y4ifWoO.jpg

War/ranger/mes/fresh air ele/guardian can all pretty much nuke people too from stealth, before patch I got hit for 16k executioner scythe...why are they not toxic? It dosnt take much for an ally theif to stealth them up.

I will just leave this here. I am so beyond tired of babysitting the fire keep from thieves with near perma stealth. Just last night for nearly an hour four of us chased two green de’s with traps, aoe, reveals and with sniff. They had no intention of getting the keep, but with them having access to a portal it was a constant hide and seek game. Fun for the DE’s not so much for the seekers. I jokingly refer to them as rats, and placed “rat” traps out - blue ac’s with mastery skill four - to be bait. Either a) the Zerg on red came through and obliterated the two rats or b) they got tired of the cat and mouse game.

Again so tired of babysitting keeps on the desert borderlands. Please rethink the portals.

Edit: I have no issue with perma stealth because as a scout and roamer I sacrifice my damage yet can cross ebg in complete stealth to monitor movements of the enemy group. It is useful but portal is really damaging.

@Sinfullysweet.4517 said:I will just leave this here. I am so beyond tired of babysitting the fire keep from thieves with near perma stealth. Just last night for nearly an hour four of us chased two green de’s with traps, aoe, reveals and with sniff. They had no intention of getting the keep, but with them having access to a portal it was a constant hide and seek game. Fun for the DE’s not so much for the seekers. I jokingly refer to them as rats, and placed “rat” traps out - blue ac’s with mastery skill four - to be bait. Either a) the Zerg on red came through and obliterated the two rats or b) they got tired of the cat and mouse game.

Again so tired of babysitting keeps on the desert borderlands. Please rethink the portals.

Edit: I have no issue with perma stealth because as a scout and roamer I sacrifice my damage yet can cross ebg in complete stealth to monitor movements of the enemy group. It is useful but portal is really damaging.

As thief player I don't know why they gave thief a portal, should have remained a mesmer thing. Something aiding them in a fight would have been far better as their evade ability needed no boosts.

I don't know either, it would have been just fine for them to update shadow trap instead, with no portal ability (only user gets benefit, not ally). Still, the only use is backcaps or trolling people with it back and forth. Outside of that niche it's useless. Maybe they wanted thief to be somewhat a team player in small havoc groups ninja'ing structures, but that just made people mad.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

I currently run the condi rifle build (SB for getaways or to stun res's) however this gave me an idea. How do you think the build would be impacted if you used Binding Shadows over Blinding Powder?

Swapped my SB for P/D and WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Much Nastier.

Thief is completely balanced around having stealth, it isn't meant to be played as a Warrior or Weaver. If they removed stealth attacks and perma stealth (which are the real complaints) you would just end up with a medium armor wearing warrior.

That doesn't mean stealth attacks and permastealth aren't annoying as kitten, but I find Tower Rangers downing people from 1800 units away with 1 button equally annoying.

There is no sign by the mists portal guaranteeing you an annoyance-free gaming experience, and if you don't reconcile that fact, you're just asking for meaningless frustration.

Would I want perma stealth and back stab et al removed from the game? In an instant. But that doesn't make my view correct, as I have nothing to lose by such a change (I don't play thief in competitive) and I'm sure there are players out there equally annoyed by whatever the professions I play can do (but if those that are annoyed play thief, I don't care, they are worse than homeless skritt).

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Sinfullysweet.4517 said:I will just leave this here. I am so beyond tired of babysitting the fire keep from thieves with near perma stealth. Just last night for nearly an hour four of us chased two green de’s with traps, aoe, reveals and with sniff. They had no intention of getting the keep, but with them having access to a portal it was a constant hide and seek game. Fun for the DE’s not so much for the seekers. I jokingly refer to them as rats, and placed “rat” traps out - blue ac’s with mastery skill four - to be bait. Either a) the Zerg on red came through and obliterated the two rats or b) they got tired of the cat and mouse game.

As thief player I don't know why they gave thief a portal, should have remained a mesmer thing. Something aiding them in a fight would have been far better as their evade ability needed no boosts

+1

wouldn't you also agree that this is why Thief Profession is hated?

-here we have a game which should respect Profession identities and their roles and to have a single Profession taking everything away from them?-

As you mentioned, Mesmer Profession Portal was its uniqueness and what identified it amongst the other professions and what did Anet did, destroyed and robbed them of their identity in favor of another profession who did not need it?

In other word, to please Thief Profession in every way for what????

-Thief Is Anet Perfect Profession-

Thief Profession has it all, what more does Anet want to give to this profession??How much more Power does Anet want to give to this Profession?How much more Grandiosity does Anet want to give to this Profession??

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Yup. Condi DE with P/D built for torment duration is really quite nasty atm. Pretty fun to hunt condi mirages with it.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Yup. Condi DE with P/D built for torment duration is really quite nasty atm. Pretty fun to hunt condi mirages with it.

Oh yea. Fought one like 5-6 times. Changed thei rbuild each time (was core and came back chrono as well lol). I get ahead o fmyself and sometimes fail that initial burst. Im not built for torment but for poison (came from rifle condi). Still nasty and needs to be looked at lol.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Oh yea. Fought one like 5-6 times. Changed thei rbuild each time (was core and came back chrono as well lol). I get ahead o fmyself and sometimes fail that initial burst. Im not built for torment but for poison (came from rifle condi). Still nasty and needs to be looked at lol.

The main reason is because repeater is such an easy way to spam bleed as a cover condi atm, you're going to be hard pressed to cleanse the torment from the malicious sneak attacks if you only have a couple of cleanses. With trailblazer gear I get 13s duration on those stacks, I use skale venom for additional burst (don't need smoke screen as power damage is lower now) and tormenting runes. Between the runes, the venoms, shadows rejuviation and the leech on sneak attack you get a hefty amount of sustain too. Frankly it's another reason why trailblazer and dire shouldn't exist in WvW, if I was forced to take a viper carrion build it would be a lot more reasonable.

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:Everything about thief is bad. Where on earth would Arenanet begin the process of balancing it? I suppose removing stealth from the game would be FIRST!

If the game is too hard for you you could try some mobile games, maybe something with autoplay would be a good fit, don't have to work to counter anything.

what is the counter of stealth?playing class without detection :/and i cant see overlords or overseer flying over me.. and i dont have a scan or a mobile turret. :(

Then hide in spawn or log off if you can't. Or try some more emojis.

I ask you again.What is the counter to stealth? When you dont have detection on your class.

So you play Ele or Mesmer?