Server lag

Good day,

I am writing to you today concerning repeated episodes of lag that I am encountering when playing through Path of Fire maps.

Currently, I am in the Domain of Vabbi on server 18.185.68.76. At times, I am experiencing 1-3 second interruptions in communication to the server, resulting in frustrating gameplay.

Now, I've run a search on these forums and could not find a recent post relating to an open-world map. I am aware of the on-going WvWvW lag issues.

I'd appreciate any input from the forum community. I reckon this will be something that the Support team will need to take a look at but I thought I would try here in a more open discussion first.

For your information - I have run basic network troubleshooting and can confirm with 100% reliability that my connection and hardware are not at fault.

Many thanks for your time,Donutdude.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saaaaaaaaaaame. I got a group together to do facet and we failed because everyone lagged so bad. It was a collaborative "What's with this lag" in Discord at the time. I was told the ping had jumped to 400. Mine also went up to 530 when I was in Desolation. I have been trying to help my new guild mates get their griffons but I can sense they are getting frustrated because of the lag. In every PoF map I have played in yesterday and today, I have heard people talk in map chat about lag. One person said they were about to call their internet provider but they were glad it wasn't just them. It seem like it's just huge spikes of lag that stop/slow down the game for long enough you to miss a skill or 2 and die because everything froze. I don't normally write in the forums but I felt like this is something that needs to be addressed. I hope it gets fixed soon!

I've been having massive lag issues the past week.. I am not sure if this is only because of the new patch, but from what I know my Australian guild had to cancel some PvE events due to this lag.. I've seen my own ping go as high as 600-700ms (a guildie even said they got pings ranging from 1500-4000) when my average is about 250ms basically freezing the game for 5 seconds at a time whenever the spike happens.

If I knew how I'd try to trace my connection to see where the problem is. For now though I'll just assume its some error in one of the intermediary Oceanic servers that Anet hasn't noticed yet. Hope it gets a solution soon.

Been experiencing this lag in PvE for the last month or so, have bug reported it several times, and posted on the forums about it, still no word from Anet. There's thread going in the other bug forum specifically about the Tequatl event, which is heading towards being unplayable because of the lag issues. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96467/tequatl-mass-map-crash#latest

@Grim.9682 said:I've been having massive lag issues the past week.. I am not sure if this is only because of the new patch, but from what I know my Australian guild had to cancel some PvE events due to this lag.. I've seen my own ping go as high as 600-700ms (a guildie even said they got pings ranging from 1500-4000) when my average is about 250ms basically freezing the game for 5 seconds at a time whenever the spike happens.

If I knew how I'd try to trace my connection to see where the problem is. For now though I'll just assume its some error in one of the intermediary Oceanic servers that Anet hasn't noticed yet. Hope it gets a solution soon.

You can use a program like PingPlotter to trace your connection.

@Donutdude.9582 said:I'm still going through the motions with Support at the moment I'm afraid.

I hope they finally come to a conclusion there is something wrong with the Amazon servers the game is hosted on. Packets dropping. Skill delay. Random weapon skill cooldowns. Trading post taking forever to respond. Login servers stop working at times, even for a full 2-3 minutes. Its just getting worse and worse.

@Vegeta.2563 said:I hope they finally come to a conclusion there is something wrong with the Amazon servers the game is hosted on.

They probably know but can't do anything about it because of contract agreements. And from what I've read Amazon's servers are always the main targets of most of the web's attacks anyway so Anet is just collateral damage.

It happens mostly if people are doing bounties and other bigger bosses.I've noticed massive delays and lag during bounties, really unbearable to play.Some World Bosses also cause this, where sometimes my skills aren't registering when I press them.