How Arenanet killed their own game.

Menzo.2185

@JUN YANG.4328 said:

@zityz.6089 said:Yes, skills got changed and buffed/nerfed or reworked. They've been doing it since GW1.

Skills change, get reworked. New metas are formed. Every time this happens, people call for the death of the game. Nothing new to see here.

isnt not the right time to keep pushing players away? i mean, since hype what they have done right for the players?

This entire balance patch was a huge step in the right direction and most WvW and PVP players I'm talking to are happy with it. They want more obviously but most people don't seem to be complaining about this patch. In fact, this video only had 2 likes. Not exactly a raving review. There are more people disagreeing with it in the thread than agreeing with it.

I am not sure if this will be the right direction. only anet will know about it.but the only thing i knew is. players who had satisfaction in pvp and wvw, they defiantly wont happy about the new patch. and for pve players or those randomly play wvw / pvp. (like me) i dont think they will play more often because of this. ( i wont)

the patch not only nerf wvw/ pvp, and also effect pve as well. is making everyone suffer? is it not pushing player away?

If this were the case, the complaint threads would be out of hand. Turns out, they are not. There has been 2-3 threads maybe over all and mostly by the same vocal individuals.

Simple reality is: most players are not as unhappy as the select vocal few, on the contrary, what I've heard both in my WvW guild as well as other guilds, the patch is very promising. The new system is shaking things up and seems like a solid baseline. Future patches and adjustments will ultimately dictate how this eventually ends up being, and given this was already mentioned by the developers (for example that conditions will get addressed at a later time), we will have to wait and see.

The harsh reality for those players who are unhappy: you are pretty much a minority at the moment and are complaining about a transition process which is not even done.

my interest in the game has been declining for quite a while now. I'm not out of the game yet but I'm getting there. This patch did nothing to help that decline. It didn't hurt me personally as bad. Kicking the necromancer more when its a bloodied pulp, what else is new? The changes to Engineer were nice. The Elementalist elemental minions are cute, but not sure how viable they are and revenant changes are mixed for me.

But nothing to sustain my interest. Legendary weapons and armor is nice but it doesn't help when i have to play a game mode I despise to get my legendary weapons. There is also the issue with the extremely limited number of skills and traits. Some will argue "No, we need to make it simpler and have less!" to which I'll say, play ESO then. bare bones traits and skills bores me to no end. GW2 is better than a lot of games in this regard but it doesn't mean it isn't lacking. It is very lacking. There will always be a balance issue. Perfect balance is impossible and you actually shouldn't want perfect balance. Closer to perfect imbalance. Which a limited system prevents that from happening as niche builds can't become meta with a limited system and you can't surprise people. So counter play becomes repetitive. Unbalance is only an issue when its not fun... So I say arena net should go nuts with the elite specs, traits and skills. But they haven't and I'm suspecting they never will. In fact it seems their current philosophy is just the opposite of this. Which is further fueling my overwhelming boredom with the game.

Which is honestly a shame since the game has really good combat, its pretty and the story isn't half bad. But its almost like the game is losing its soul or the devs have lost their passion.

@"Blocki.4931" said:You've missed the entire point of this just being the new baseline. The CC skills and the 300 second traits will be changed/reworked in the future.

Also nice video where only the own hyperbolic standpoint is allowed and everything else gets denied as "blind white knighting" totally not going against having any type of conversation, just pure buttmad that their own class got kicked in the kitten.

If this is the new foundation then call me when the game is complete. I'll be gone until then.

See you in a couple years.

@"Blocki.4931" said:You've missed the entire point of this just being the new baseline. The CC skills and the 300 second traits will be changed/reworked in the future.

Also nice video where only the own hyperbolic standpoint is allowed and everything else gets denied as "blind white knighting" totally not going against having any type of conversation, just pure buttmad that their own class got kicked in the kitten.

Why in the future? Anet already spent 6 month working on this patch (supposedly). And this is take 2 on passive traits. It is not a 6 year excerise.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Its been like two weeks, that's not enough time for a new meta to fully form..

Looks like its will take far more time to settle than ever... players have been to much time being carried it will be hard to make them think diferent.

Good thing I never focused played metas or gimmicks builds/classes....that much.