Free Equipment Respec

Nether.9741

@aspirine.6852 said:I dont even really care if it is free, I would buy a gear respec...

You can buy new gear. Also, you can reset your ascended gear stats in the Mystic Forge. Also, you can reset the stats on legendary gear. So your wish is already in the game. If you do not have enough gold for any of these solutions, you can still buy gold as well. No real need for selling a new item for gear respec.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Armor_Reward_Track

PvE players could only wish for such cheap and easy access to stat selectable exotic armor.(edit: yes, I know about Bladed Armor, but that requires specific map currency, and the change to stat selectable is only about 1 year old or so iirc)

Use a BL salvage kit to reclaim your upgrades and off you go. If you are using ascended armor, the cost of reforging the stats can be tough depending on what we are talking about (Trailblazer and Minstrel = yikes for example), but then if the cost is too much, just swap to Exotic gear for the time being.

Also, nothing here is new. Do a search on Chrono nerfs around December 2018, and have a look at all the posts from Boon Chronos who saw their spec gutted, and their very expensive gear and runes become useless.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Armor_Reward_Track

PvE players could only wish for such cheap and easy access to stat selectable exotic armor.

Use a BL salvage kit to reclaim your upgrades and off you go. If you are using ascended armor, the cost of reforging the stats can be tough depending on what we are talking about (Trailblazer and Minstrel = yikes for example), but then if the cost is too much, just swap to Exotic gear for the time being.

Also, nothing here is new. Do a search on Chrono nerfs around December 2018, and have a look at all the posts from Boon Chronos who saw their spec gutted, and their very expensive gear and runes become useless.

PvE players can get bladed armor chests, which do the same thing as those triumphant chests and are very easy to get.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

PvE players could only wish for such cheap and easy access to stat selectable exotic armor.

PvE players can get bladed armor chests, which do the same thing as those triumphant chests and are very easy to get.

I already edited my post about that :)

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:This is the only benefit for legendary armor and you want to take it away.This is true by itself but is also indicative of a larger issue. For me it was a mistake to make legendary items as tedious and expensive to get as they are. I understand putting in extra effort for something cool but legendary stuff is the epitomy of a negative balance in cost versus benefit. Especially because this game is casual oriented which also tends to mean that a lot of people play a lot of characters.

So with those realities in mind, I would've made much more sense to make legendary stuff a lot less hard to get so that it becomes something that people can do more often for all of their characters. Most people don't have the time or interest in the current set up. This also means that if they were to change the difficulty (or rather tedium) of gettling legendary stuff, a lot of other people will get ticked off who have put in the effort of getting legendary items so far. That means they can't really change it.

Also there should've been more legendary skins but because they are such a big investment they blocked that road as well.

What that leaves is looking at ascended armor and the cost involved there. I think that ascended armor should be easier to craft in fact. The trinkets are easy to get with the daily zones and their currencies. Crafting ascended gear is actually the baseline for crafting really because exotic gear is just so easy to get and also there the crafting costs are way off balance, especially for certain sets like say celestial ones because of gated materials.

In my view it makes sense to make crafting easier because it means people have an easier time making more sets...which also keeps them busy and the people who do the harder content like raids and high level fractals don't have an issue. Sure, more casual players don't need ascended gear but at the same time, what else are you gonna do with crafting? Exotic stuff is so cheap and easy to find it's not worth it.