Upcoming Balance Notes

Butterfly Kingdom.8349

@cpts.9182 said:We asked for Anet to address balance for a long time and we finally got it. How about we take it and continue to provide feed back that is constructive and to the pointAnd not whines and cries about how our favorite class is not exactly what it what before.All your criticism is half baked and I pity the Anet employee that had to read through it wasting their time.

I was naive enough to offer some idea of ​​balance.. but as a resultas an simple example, the elementalist removed all skills in 5 focus, to turn into stone for 4 seconds unable to do anything, even use treatment anyway however, classes can still attack from invisibility however, and some stay in it indefinitely, what to oppose them?where is the nerf of blocks, I won’t tell which class?the truth is that there is no feedback, they do it to justify salaries, and they don't care what kind of balance..the good news is that maybe someone received an award for this work

Mirage without evades is like a warrior without full counter or a thief without stealth attacks. Half of mirage mechanics come from "mirage cloak". Mirage - is useless trait line now, it just makes mesmer even more vulnerable. I will miss you my mesmer :anguished:

@Navoe.4283 said:After patch I went into WVW same build same toon as before patch I attacked an NPC I done so little damage she would not stay agro'd she just turned and walked away LOL

Play harder, damage can’t play the game for you :)

Game just got harder, more coms and call are needed, I have to adapt as well.

We even rented a pvp room due testing been needed until something with synergy m8 come out.

Mirage one dodge, isn’t that bad as well, decent players rarely use dodge... thief and mirage feel more towards troll target hit n run/change positioning.

The .01 for hard cc was a bit too much i though they where just going to make the hard cc do a very set amount of dmg and you could not mod it that much but it looks like the base dmg of the hard cc skills where tide right to the coefficient so they are doing dmg on the lines of 9. Some hard cc are ok at this amount as they are fast cast and low cd but a lot of hard cc in the game are very long cast time and on massive cd. This update was way too generalized with the nerf with out thinking about the skill it self.

@"Aeolus.3615" I was making a point of how much the so called "balance" affected my build. Doesn't matter how hard you play low damage = no kill. I am Not actually sure what I can do with this at the moment . If I have to change weapons or class it leaves me very low on options

ANET, you have made Guardian a class I will no longer play in WVW and you probably did the same for spellbreaker.Ill probablly make a thief and join the pew pew rage since thief stealth is broken and remains broken and pew pew is seemingly limitless. I hate this mode of play but it seems the only mode you incourage.Your balance patch is more accurately an imbalance augmentation.Your ruining guild wars for me.Thank you very litttle.

@Navoe.4283 said:@"Aeolus.3615" I was making a point of how much the so called "balance" affected my build. Doesn't matter how hard you play low damage = no kill. I am Not actually sure what I can do with this at the moment . If I have to change weapons or class it leaves me very low on options

Team and call targets :) that what we have to do for now.

What were/are you playing if i may ask??

@Aeolus.3615 I am/was playing a sustain heavy hammer warrior. I play solo and scout. team play doesn't work for me. I have 2 seizure dissorders most class weapons and skills have to much bright light colors ect. with skill activations the more players together the worse it is. My graphics are set low to med. and I have special type lens in my glasses. PVE is the same from in game events and what not. But all games are that way. I will figure something out. When I get done being sad about changing the build. :)

First off I thought the balances were to be for PvP and WvW content, not Pve. Guess I read wrong.

For Pve it is totally uncalled for. I myself as a Soulbeast concerning the pet swap now "need" to swap pets to survive certain situations. Some of the new maps the mobs have extremely high aggro range and not just a couple mobs, a blob of them. Needing to change pets like to a bird for "swoop" so I can get the heck out of there when over whelmed with aggro for instance. I really don't understand this for Pve at all. No one is crying over Pve builds.

Now for PvP and WvW I do understand some things needed to be toned down, my profession included. But you kind of knocked down a little to hard. You have taken away what makes each profession unique in some cases. You might as well just have only 1 profession with multi builds the way it stands now. I was hopeful, not sure why as history has not changed in making things right, it seems to be only getting worse.

Kind of like all the new content and new store items as such. They are just ....blah really. Thrown together or remade copies of other past gem store items. I don't mean to sound down about all the changes, but GW2 is a wonderful game, best out there right now. Shame to let it keep sliding instead of making it "Great" again. Unless that is the point that staff is tired of it and slowly letting it die?: I don't know.....just my 2 cents.

@"Jski.6180" said:The .01 for hard cc was a bit too much i though they where just going to make the hard cc do a very set amount of dmg and you could not mod it that much but it looks like the base dmg of the hard cc skills where tide right to the coefficient so they are doing dmg on the lines of 9. Some hard cc are ok at this amount as they are fast cast and low cd but a lot of hard cc in the game are very long cast time and on massive cd. This update was way too generalized with the nerf with out thinking about the skill it self.

This game doesn't work like League of Legends, for example. Skills don't have a "base damage", the damage is just determined by the coefficient and your power. If something has 0.01 coefficient, then the skill will virtually not deal any damage at all.

@"Shabari.1504" said:First off I thought the balances were to be for PvP and WvW content, not Pve. Guess I read wrong.

For Pve it is totally uncalled for. I myself as a Soulbeast concerning the pet swap now "need" to swap pets to survive certain situations. Some of the new maps the mobs have extremely high aggro range and not just a couple mobs, a blob of them. Needing to change pets like to a bird for "swoop" so I can get the heck out of there when over whelmed with aggro for instance. I really don't understand this for Pve at all. No one is crying over Pve builds.

Now for PvP and WvW I do understand some things needed to be toned down, my profession included. But you kind of knocked down a little to hard. You have taken away what makes each profession unique in some cases. You might as well just have only 1 profession with multi builds the way it stands now. I was hopeful, not sure why as history has not changed in making things right, it seems to be only getting worse.

Kind of like all the new content and new store items as such. They are just ....blah really. Thrown together or remade copies of other past gem store items. I don't mean to sound down about all the changes, but GW2 is a wonderful game, best out there right now. Shame to let it keep sliding instead of making it "Great" again. Unless that is the point that staff is tired of it and slowly letting it die?: I don't know.....just my 2 cents.

I actually care about elite spec design. It never really made sense that other classes have to replace something in their kit to get the benefit of their elite spec (Necromancer replaces his shroud, Engineer replaces his elite toolbelt spell, Guardian replaces his virtues, etc.), while Soulbeast was not giving up anything to get their additional mechanic to fuse with the pet.

I think it is just fair that every class has to give up something to get their additional elite spec mechanic. And I like that Anet is introducing these trade offs to elite specs which didn't have any to this point. Fair is fair.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"Jski.6180" said:The .01 for hard cc was a bit too much i though they where just going to make the hard cc do a very set amount of dmg and you could not mod it that much but it looks like the base dmg of the hard cc skills where tide right to the coefficient so they are doing dmg on the lines of 9. Some hard cc are ok at this amount as they are fast cast and low cd but a lot of hard cc in the game are very long cast time and on massive cd. This update was way too generalized with the nerf with out thinking about the skill it self.

This game doesn't work like League of Legends, for example. Skills don't have a "base damage", the damage is just determined by the coefficient and your power. If something has 0.01 coefficient, then the skill will virtually not deal any damage at all.

I understand that but only in a pvp / wvw environment would something like that work as if they pushed these balance updates for hard cc to pve eve level you get would make your hard cc worst because the mobs get more hp / def. Its trying to mix two systems that are now more and more incompatible. Its just as bad as the old hp / def system with out trait giving hp / def / healing power etc.. its an out dated system that is getting put on-top of other out dated systems.

Added note there still skills that apply hard cc that there dmg was not nerfed like thunderclap why has anet not fixed this? The game meta has become what anet happen to forget to nerfed at this point and errors is no means of balancing well.

@Jski.6180 said:Added note there still skills that apply hard cc that there dmg was not nerfed like thunderclap why has anet not fixed this? The game meta has become what anet happen to forget to nerfed at this point and errors is no means of balancing well.

If you are talking about the Scrapper hammer 5 thunderclap here, then I think it is totally intended that it deals damage. The initial impact, which also applies the stun, never dealt any damage to begin with and this didn't change. But the lingering field deals damage over time afterwards and I think this is how it is supposed to work.

Other skills still work in a similar way. The Holosmith elite skill Prime Light Beam launches the enemy. The damage on impact got reduced, but the lingering field when you use the skill above 50 heat still deals damage. Same for Pistol Whip (sw/p combined skill 3) from the Thief. Just the initial hit, which applies the stun, got the damage completely removed.

Basically, if a skill has more than 1 instance of damage, then just the instance of damage that applies the CC will get reduced to a 0.01 coefficient, but all the other hits of the skill still deal damage.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Added note there still skills that apply hard cc that there dmg was not nerfed like thunderclap why has anet not fixed this? The game meta has become what anet happen to forget to nerfed at this point and errors is no means of balancing well.

If you are talking about the Scrapper hammer 5 thunderclap here, then I think it is totally intended that it deals damage. The initial impact, which also applies the stun, never dealt any damage to begin with and this didn't change. But the lingering field deals damage over time afterwards and I think this is how it is supposed to work.

Other skills still work in a similar way. The Holosmith elite skill Prime Light Beam launches the enemy. The damage on impact got reduced, but the lingering field when you use the skill above 50 heat still deals damage. Same for Pistol Whip (sw/p combined skill 3) from the Thief. Just the initial hit, which applies the stun, got the damage completely removed.

Basically, if a skill has more than 1 instance of damage, then just the instance of damage that applies the CC will get reduced to a 0.01 coefficient, but all the other hits of the skill still deal damage.

I think you maybe over thinking what anet can and cant do they are still very much humans and will make errors. If thunderclap was a dmg skill it would be a .1 sec daze you DO have old high end dmg on hard cc making the skill more made for dmg and not for cc who was nerfed as if it was a cc bull rush comes to mind or even headbutt.

@Jski.6180 said:

I think you maybe over thinking what anet can and cant do they are still very much humans and will make errors. If thunderclap was a dmg skill it would be a .1 sec daze you DO have old high end dmg on hard cc making the skill more made for dmg and not for cc who was nerfed as if it was a cc bull rush comes to mind or even headbutt.

Look at Bull Rush and Headbutt. Both just deal one instance of damage and it is the same instance they are applying the hard CC.

Every skill that works like thunderclap (hard CC on first hit, then dealing damage with other hits afterwards) works the same way like thunderclap. I even named examples. Prime Light Beam, Pistol Whip. Impact Strike is another example, the first 2 strikes deal no damage (both have hard CC), but the third without CC still deals alot of damage and this damage actually got buffed.

I think it is unlikely that they simply "forgot" every single skill that works in that way. It is most likely intended that the lingering damage after the CC still applies. Just the strike that applies the hard CC gets the damage reduction, that is consistent through all the nerfs.

Hi!Patch killed roaming and entire wvw. Skill not needed anymore, just create a condi tank and u ll rule! The Balance needed wasnt done and thiefes can still perma stealth and flee from every fight. Condi is > Power and Condi Rev (God-Mode) is the new OP with best of all survival and highest dmg! A game of 2012 will win less players than lose old veterans by this patch. If u want to earn money repatch and then: fix Thiefs, reduce stealth abilitys at all, max range to 900, delete the ability to kill an enemy in 1 sec (example: Mesmer) and so on..... Use 2 Devs with equal skill and let them do 24h duells to get some DD balance! This patch kills WvW, half WvW guild quit game after this path and wait for the next "usefull" balance patch! WvW mode in GW2 is brilliant, balance got broken more with every patch. We dont want new stuff in WvW, we just want balance! U gave us anti balance........ Condi and Thiefes and Mirages are for the unskilled, good roamers used power before the patch and did not abuse an invisible refugee class. Enlarge Cooldowns and nerv all dmg for every class is not a solution, its a disaster. New Game Name could be War of Tanks or Neverdie or Grandpas Battle. I will not miss any items if u repatch, i would be happy like every WvW Veteran u have here!The new Players in the game were hopefully about the patch, the rest allready knew this will be a disaster ;)Waiting for the RE-DO patch,bye Weste, WvW Gamer since 2013-03.2020 with all classes