What if?

Drizzt.1796

What if Joko wanted to die? He even said something to the effect of "Live as long as I have, feelings lose their savor." then more BS, as Joko was wont to do. I mean, yes, he was evil (from a moralistic standpoint) but imagine being hundreds of years old, 200 which you were entombed alive, and having this permanent feeling of listlessness and making your boredom go away by causing others misery. Even then, I imagine it got tiring. I don't know, I feel empathy for him but absolutely no sympathy. It's like that a lot. nervous laugh

@The Greyhawk.9107 & @"DanAlcedo.3281" - Real world conspiracy theories are often crass. However, fictional worlds, especially in games, are often shallow and open to interpretation. Amid all the magic and fantastic creatures, imagining the "gone" gods still around makes sense to me. Not wanting to derail the topic but is there no (believable) way the writers could come up with (or have already planned) such a twist?

@Leo.3428 said:@The Greyhawk.9107 & @"DanAlcedo.3281" - Real world conspiracy theories are often crass. However, fictional worlds, especially in games, are often shallow and open to interpretation. Amid all the magic and fantastic creatures, imagining the "gone" gods still around makes sense to me. Not wanting to derail the topic but is there no (believable) way the writers could come up with (or have already planned) such a twist?

I would argue that even a very good writer would be hard pressed to create a scenario where the Queen Jennah=Lyssa (or the Queen Jennah and Countess Anise=Lyssa variant) work, much less the writers at Anet. I genuinely don't think its a good idea and that there are (probably) better ways of making the Six relevant to the story. Going a more subtle direction would probably be best at this time, when taking into consideration the complaints of how "Human-centric" the story had been with LS3, PoF, and LS4. I don't really care that much about that myself, being an old gw1 veteran things being at least a little human-centric doesn't bother me, but I'm only me.

Not to mention that there really isn't anything special about Jennah overall beyond she's an above average mesmer. Thing is, despite views to the contrary, she's not that OP of an individual - including Kasmeer, there's four other mesmers on par or superior to Jennah and Anise (Koro Sagewind, Kitah, and Xera being the other three), and that's just of clearly established lore.

@The Greyhawk.9107 & @Konig Des Todes.2086 - Yes, there are more subtle ways and a god/dess would not necessarily be there all the time under the same appearance - although that can be a fun challenge. My remark was more about the gods in generals than the J&A=L theory in particular. I still have a lot to learn until I shape my own idea. Thanks!

Here is a what-if that I found in a very old book preserved by the Durmand Priory: The whole world resides in magic devices that pit puppets against each other. One paragraph mentions that the devices were probably created by the asura, who have never migrated to the surface, instead they connect to the devices to train and prepare for exploration and conquest. There are two versions of the devices. The first version suffered from a serious bug by which all the training puppets looked like one of the dumb species on the surface. The second version fixed the problem and allowed to pick dumb species as an option, asura remaining the default and preferred option.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:I don't....I don't really understand....

FANFICTION<><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><> That's all.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:No, I mean I don't understand your latest what if. It just doesn't make sense to me.

If you mean Leo's post, he was basically postulating that the games Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 exist in the universe of Tyria as simulations run by asura-like underground dwellers preparing to reach the surface.

Guess that makes sense now. Kinda lost my enthusiasm for this convo atm, just got defamed as a bigot on one of the other threads here so now I'm angry and a little depressed.

@"The Greyhawk.9107" - Sorry for the hasty hack, it would have been better with a lengthier immersion and a crescendo chain of clues. As Konig said, it's basically the "Do we live in a simulation?" hypothesis transposed onto Tyria with a jokey reference to our own world's games. I thought the Gollum clip was a funny way to tell how twisted the hypothesis is and gave you a thumbs up for it.I'm not sure what other thread you're alluding to but please don't worry too much, things tend to escalate (and sink) faster in forums.