GW2 Upgrade Processor or graphic card?

Currently I'm running GW2 on a i3 4°, 8GB RAM, vid card GT 420(all on LOW resolution) I want to upgrade but I DO NOT have money to upgrade both processor and vid card at once, so I'd like a couple suggestion on which one I should get first? since GW2 is more about processor so I was thinking maybe upgrade first processor then vid card after but... my video card is old and I laggy on pof and hot maps so perhaps upgrade vid card first so I wont lag on expansion maps?

I'll get i5 maybe i7(both 4° gen) but my point is... if i change the processor first will the laggy continue even with a better processor and a weak vid card and vice versa? I really appreciate feedback please. I dont really know where the lag comes if is from my graphic card or processor...

It's a bit tricky here since both of them are old. Basically if you upgrade CPU, the game will still have low FPS because of bad graphic card and if you upgrade GPU, the CPU won't keep up with it as it's old.

My advice would be to get a decent video card first and until you can afford a better processor, keep all the CPU hogging options to low (like displayed characters, character animations,etc), while keeping the other graphical options around medium.If you mean you have a Haswell i3 (4th generation), then it should have four threads, which is decent enough at the moment, until you can get a better one.

@ancafr.9274 said:Currently I'm running GW2 on a i3 4°, 8GB RAM, vid card GT 420(all on LOW resolution) I want to upgrade but I DO NOT have money to upgrade both processor and vid card at once, so I'd like a couple suggestion on which one I should get first? since GW2 is more about processor so I was thinking maybe upgrade first processor then vid card after but... my video card is old and I laggy on pof and hot maps so perhaps upgrade vid card first so I wont lag on expansion maps?

I'll get i5 maybe i7(both 4° gen) but my point is... if i change the processor first will the laggy continue even with a better processor and a weak vid card and vice versa? I really appreciate feedback please. I dont really know where the lag comes if is from my graphic card or processor...

Use CPU-Z to get what kind of mainboard, RAM and CPU you have right now. It is a small app that can collect and show this information.

What is your budget?

@"Crono.4197" said:It's a bit tricky here since both of them are old. Basically if you upgrade CPU, the game will still have low FPS because of bad graphic card and if you upgrade GPU, the CPU won't keep up with it as it's old.

My advice would be to get a decent video card first and until you can afford a better processor, keep all the CPU hogging options to low (like displayed characters, character animations,etc), while keeping the other graphical options around medium.If you mean you have a Haswell i3 (4th generation), then it should have four threads, which is decent enough at the moment, until you can get a better one.

I saw a a couple videos of GW2 running on i3's with rx 550-580 and even gtx 950 but they are 6°- 8° gen, and there are 2 videos here of i3 4° one with far cry 5(dont know if is heavy) with rx 550 high - medium >

and this here with gtx 950 on high-ultra but is just on begginers area where is really slight >

The vid cards I'm considering to get are rx 550-580 2-4GB or gtx 960 - 1050 2GB(in gtx case for lost ark). So if I can play the game at least on medium - high with my processor and a rx 550 for exemple I'll be happy til i get one i5 or i7.

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:

@ancafr.9274 said:Currently I'm running GW2 on a i3 4°, 8GB RAM, vid card GT 420
(all on LOW resolution)
I want to upgrade but I DO NOT have money to upgrade both processor and vid card at once, so I'd like a couple suggestion on which one I should get first? since GW2 is more about processor so I was thinking maybe upgrade first processor then vid card after but... my video card is old and I laggy on pof and hot maps so perhaps upgrade vid card first so I wont lag on expansion maps?

Use CPU-Z to get what kind of mainboard, RAM and CPU you have right now. It is a small app that can collect and show this information.

What is your budget?

Like I said i cannot afford on both and I intend to stay on 4° gem DDR 3 now cuz if i change to any other thing I'll have to upgrade everything motherboard, ram etc etc and i'll spend 3-4x more more forward when things are better for my side and I find a job or something that i can earn some cash i'll upgrade and change to ryzen i watched some videos with this amd ryzen processors and is very interesting plus they are much cheaper and accessible than intel and the performance is almost same.

If we follow every intel upgrade then we will change generation every 16 months.

Generally you upgrade the CPU unless the GPU is absolutely anemic. When GW2 launched the common GPUs were ones such as GTX 560 Ti or HD 6850 so nearly every GPU made since then is much faster unless it's the slow OEM models that aren't for sale whatsoever.

Depends on the generation of i3, honestly. Because the older generations were often dual core. GW2 is very single threaded but you need extra cores for OS or anything else running in the background.2nd gen i3 to 4th gen dual cores are within margin , they were all all DDR3 (Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Devil's Canyon)

• example CPUs: i3-2100 (3.1GHz) on socket LGA1155, i3-3220 (3.3GHz) on LGA1155 , i3-4130 (3.4GHz) on LGA1150
  • per userbenchmark i3-2100 to i3-4130 is about 24% improvement

5th gen i3 only really existed on notebooks , while 6th/7th gen dual cores brought DDR4 (formally known as Skylake and Kaby Lake)

• example CPUs: i3-6100 (3.7GHz) , i3-7100 (3.9GHz) on LGA1151
  • per userbenchmark i3-4130 to i3-6100 is +15% improvement , i3-6100 vs i3-7100 is a small +6%

8th gen i3 was up against AMD Ryzen so Intel stepped it up to a full quad core and DDR4 rather than a dual core with hyperthreading, so the physical cores perform better than 2 cores + HT and 9th gen gained turbo that was formally for i5s (formally this generation is known as Coffee Lake)

• example i3-8100 (3.6GHz) , i3-9100 (3.6GHz, 4.2GHz turbo) on LGA 1151
  • i3-8100 vs i3-7100 is +16% overall (despite having 4 physical cores) but ~9% improvement in dual core speed

The CPU improvement is mainly going to be from instructions per cycle improvements per generation (i.e. if a CPU is doing 10% more work per GHz then it is 10% faster).

Note the motherboards changed compatibility for Intel sockets every 2 generations , you can't put a 4th into 2nd gen board or a 9th gen in a 7th gen board (people hardware modded to do so on some high end boards but is not recommended).

GT420 is anemic and is using DDR3 rather than GDDR5 , GDDR6, or HBM video memory.

From min spec for Path of Fire:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-RequirementsIntel® Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz , Core i3NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTSIntel Iris 5100 or better (512MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)

It seems that you would be better off with a GPU upgrade as GT420 exists with 1GB DDR3 VRAM on a really small 128-bit memory bus. It is actually worse than some integrated graphics on Ryzen APUs such as Ryzen 5 2400G.

Let's say you upgrade to :~$150 GTX 1650 Super is ~2946% faster than GT 420~$130 RX 570 is +2400% vs GT420~$150 GTX 1650 is ~2023% faster vs GT 420$130 GTX 1050 , per userbenchmark it would be +1342% of the performance~$100 RX 560 is +1174% vs GT420 per userbenchmark$80 GT 1030 682% faster$80 RX 550 , per userbenchmark it would be 624% faster

If you decide to upgrade your CPU you'd be looking at a CPU , motherboard, RAM (unless you have 6th gen or newer i3), etc.

At this point AMD has decent offerings in the CPU space, anything Ryzen 2nd gen or 3rd gen should be decent whereas 1st gen Ryzen is in line with 4th gen Intel in terms of low thread count performance.

Keep in mind that you might need a new motherboard, too, if you are going to get a new CPU, as your current board might have an incompatible socket.

Also, with a graphics card that low, a faster processor won't help, because you'll still have a bottle neck with the gfx card, the low amount of RAM etc.

It'll be better if you waited and saved up for a whole new system.

@"Infusion.7149" said:Generally you upgrade the CPU unless the GPU is absolutely anemic. When GW2 launched the common GPUs were ones such as GTX 560 Ti or HD 6850 so nearly every GPU made since then is much faster unless it's the slow OEM models that aren't for sale whatsoever.

Depends on the generation of i3, honestly. Because the older generations were often dual core. GW2 is very single threaded but you need extra cores for OS or anything else running the background.2nd gen i3 to 4th gen dual cores are within margin , they were all all DDR3 (Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Devil's Canyon)

• example CPUs: i3-2100 (3.1GHz) on socket LGA1155, i3-3220 (3.3GHz) on LGA1155 , i3-4130 (3.4GHz) on LGA1150
  • per userbenchmark i3-2100 to i3-4130 is about 24% improvement

5th gen i3 only really existed on notebooks , while 6th/7th gen dual cores brought DDR4 (formally known as Skylake and Kaby Lake)

• example CPUs: i3-6100 (3.7GHz) , i3-7100 (3.9GHz) on LGA1151
  • per userbenchmark i3-4130 to i3-6100 is +15% improvement , i3-6100 vs i3-7100 is a small +6%

8th gen i3 was up against AMD Ryzen so Intel stepped it up to a full quad core and DDR4 rather than a dual core with hyperthreading, so the physical cores perform better than 2 cores + HT and 9th gen gained turbo that was formally for i5s (formally this generation is known as Coffee Lake)

• example i3-8100 (3.6GHz) , i3-9100 (3.6GHz, 4.2GHz turbo) on LGA 1151
  • i3-8100 vs i3-7100 is +16% overall (despite having 4 physical cores) but ~9% improvement in dual core speed

The CPU improvement is mainly going to be from instructions per cycle improvements per generation (i.e. if a CPU is doing 10% more work per GHz then it is 10% faster).

Note the motherboards changed compatibility for Intel sockets every 2 generations , you can't put a 4th into 2nd gen board or a 9th gen in a 7th gen board (people hardware modded to do so on some high end boards but is not recommended).

GT420 is anemic and is using DDR3 rather than GDDR5 , GDDR6, or HBM video memory.

From min spec for Path of Fire:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-RequirementsIntel® Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz , Core i3NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTSIntel Iris 5100 or better (512MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)

It seems that you would be better off with a GPU upgrade as GT420 exists with 1GB DDR3 VRAM on a really small 128-bit memory bus. It is actually worse than some integrated graphics on Ryzen APUs such as Ryzen 5 2400G.

Let's say you upgrade to :~$130 RX 570 is +2400% vs GT420$130 GTX 1050 , per userbenchmark it would be +1342% of the performance~$100 RX 560 is +1174% vs GT420 per userbenchmark$80 GT 1030 682% faster$80 RX 550 , per userbenchmark it would be 624% faster

If you decide to upgrade your CPU you'd be looking at a CPU , motherboard, RAM (unless you have 6th gen or newer i3), etc.

At this point AMD has decent offerings in the CPU space, anything Ryzen 2nd gen or 3rd gen should be decent whereas 1st gen Ryzen is in line with 4th gen Intel in terms of low thread count performance.

Mine is i3 4160 3,6GHz, LGA 1150 if i'm not mistake, the processor is the minimum requeriment for the game which is 3,6GHz. The game runs okay on minimum resolution on normal maps and laggy(but playable) on expansion maps HOT and POF with this trash vid card xD, what i really want to know is if i upgrade only the vid card with rx 550+ or gtx 960-1050 if i'll be able to run on medium-high on commom maps and at least on medium on expansion maps. I know I dont really have the configuration to run on high - ultra.

The i3-4160 still holds up quite well for most games and in the case of GW2 it will perform very adequately in most areas, in crowded battles though you'll have to reduce Shadows and Character Model Limit+Quality. Upgrading your GPU is the sanest choice here.

As for your CPU, even if you get the money, don't bother upgrading it to a better one that uses the same motherboard socket. Better off saving up for a Ryzen 3600 or equivalent 9th Gen Intel i5.

To add to what ArmoredVehicle said, get into Ryzen. Biggest reason? As you stated earlier, and it's true, the Intel line-up changes sockets regularly, while the new AM4 CPU's, since Gen 1, have not changed, thus you can keep your inexpensive, older board and simply upgrade after a BIOS update each time a new processor comes out (assuming they keep going with AM4, which from what is being said, they are, even with the new 4000 series on the horizon). Better to keep a board that can have the CPU upgraded easily than to buy a new board every couple of years or so just to upgrade the CPU.

@ArmoredVehicle.2849 said:The i3-4160 still holds up quite well for most games and in the case of GW2 it will perform very adequately in most areas, in crowded battles though you'll have to reduce Shadows and Character Model Limit+Quality. Upgrading your GPU is the sanest choice here.

As for your CPU, even if you get the money, don't bother upgrading it to a better one that uses the same motherboard socket. Better off saving up for a Ryzen 3600 or equivalent 9th Gen Intel i5.

Yup I'll probably get a i5 after the vid card even a i7 4° gen if I can find a good price and more forward the probability I change to ryzen is very high. Things are hard over here in brazil and I'm not working and with dollar high is very difficulty for me to buy the things. The limitation here is my processor :(, when I bought my PC I paid for a 6° gen and the guy sold me one 4° and i found out after two years my processor was 4th gen, i didnt really knew much by that time but now i know. Thanks for all the feedback.

The game will do ok even with a rx 550, so anything better than that shall be fine.

A gt420? That's slower than my old 9600 gt which only gets 15fps in gw2. Upgrade your card. You have the kind of card offices buy to allow people to use 2 computer screens. It's not meant for gaming. It can barely even render Windows 10 desktop. The cheapest piece of junk you can buy today will still be better than what you have.

Your processor is fine by comparison. You are no where near taxing it if you have a gt 420.Find a nvidia 1650. That should slot right into your rig, or, if you find an amazing deal on one, even the older nvidia 750, which is the same power of the xbox 1, will be enough to nearly max graphics in gw2, minus the CPU intensive stuff.

Normally the CPU is the bottleneck but your graphics card is basically nonexistent. Your system isn't worth upgrading at this point so you'll want a graphics card that you'll want to put in your next computer at least as filler for the future once you've saved some more money but also make it so that you can make the most out of your current rig.

Thus, you don't want a mid range card because you will spend a lot of money on something that won't hold up but you don't want a deadweight card either. So don't get a crappy 1030/550.

Instead spend $30 more to get the Rx 560 which is much better. It's slightly worse than the 1050 but that card is overpriced and you could get way better cards for a little more.

https://www.amazon.com/XFX-RX-560D4SFG5-Radeon-Graphic-Card/dp/B075LM7GYZ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=rx+560&qid=1583054448&s=electronics&sr=1-1

You'll be able to play many more games. If all you care about is Gw2, you may not need a new computer at all, until your current one dies.

Get the fastest Intel CPU you can afford and play the game on the iGPU until you have the money for a discerte GPU (even the cheapest will be 500% faster than the iGPU).

The HD 4600 in the i7 4770K is 50% faster than your GT 420 (which has been abysmal even in 2012, when the game has been released). Even the iGPU in your current i3 may already be faster than a GT420. You should check that.

So we have i3-4160 and GeForce 420 to work with?First thing to do is remove your GPU because it's worse than the iGPU on your CPU. The i3-4160 is using an intel 4400 HD which is about 24% faster in effective speed

The requirements for Path of Fire are:NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTSATI Radeon HD 2900 XTIntel Iris 5100 or better (512MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)

Your CPU is using the Haswell micro architecture and you use an LGA 1150 socket. Not sure about your chipset though. Chipset and Socket are both based on your motherboard brand and model. Unfortunately there is no Haswell CPU that fits that socket with an Iris 5100+ graphics option. This means you must move higher to Broadwell (5th generation), and the only Broadwell CPUs with a powerful enough GPU, that also use the 1150 socket, are these two:https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88040/intel-core-i7-5775c-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-70-ghz.htmlhttps://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88095/intel-core-i5-5675c-processor-4m-cache-up-to-3-60-ghz.htmlYour motherboard doesn't support anything else. I don't know which exact chipset you have, to know if one of the two above can fit your motherboard, but your biggest obstacle would be finding them, as they are not simply old, but they were rare when released, as Intel moved to a different socket with the rest of Broadwell. Still, if you could find one of these, and your chipset supports them, it would be the cheapest upgrade to meet the minimum requirements.

Otherwise you need to upgrade to a i5/i7 of 4th generation AND get a new GPU in order to upgrade, which is more expensive.

In any case, ditch your GPU it is only hurting your system.

Edit: apparently no, those two CPUs support only DDR3L so they are probably a bad option, so there is no CPU that fits your motherboard and covers the minimum requirements of Path of Fire. You'd need a new GPU

Thanks for the feedback I already decided, like I said for now I'll get the graphic card then processor i5 or i7 depend the prices aaand later change everything to DDR4 which is better and faster and cheaper than DDR3 and AMD ryzen. Intel is better? yes but also pricey, AMD changed a lot and nowadays they have decent processors with very attractive prices.

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:Normally the CPU is the bottleneck but your graphics card is basically nonexistent. Your system isn't worth upgrading at this point so you'll want a graphics card that you'll want to put in your next computer at least as filler for the future once you've saved some more money but also make it so that you can make the most out of your current rig.

Thus, you don't want a mid range card because you will spend a lot of money on something that won't hold up but you don't want a deadweight card either. So don't get a crappy 1030/550.

Instead spend $30 more to get the Rx 560 which is much better. It's slightly worse than the 1050 but that card is overpriced and you could get way better cards for a little more.

https://www.amazon.com/XFX-RX-560D4SFG5-Radeon-Graphic-Card/dp/B075LM7GYZ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=rx+560&qid=1583054448&s=electronics&sr=1-1

You'll be able to play many more games. If all you care about is Gw2, you may not need a new computer at all, until your current one dies.

I don't think RX 550 and gtx 1030 are crappy those are decent vid cards, depend the game the person will play but for newly games they are not recommended, in my case GW2 and Lost Ark in future when they release in USA and I have a decent CPU. Obviously there are better options but those two cards are still good.

I think that what is meant is for an average person the RX 560 / GTX 1050 (designed for 1080p esports titles) at around $100 is a much better buy than a GT 1030 or RX 550.In reality for 1080p you'd want something close to GTX 1650 Super / RX 570 in general. GW2 isn't as graphics intensive so you can get away with a 4GB VRAM card.

For example the PCWorld review of RX 550:

At $80, the Radeon RX 550 certainly isn’t expensive, and it’s more affordable than Nvidia’s ancient $100 GT 740 was—but it’s only $20 cheaper than the $100 Radeon RX 560 cards coming in early May. And if you remember back to the beginning of this review, a Radeon RX 550 is half a RX 560 under the hood

Over at techspot , the price/performance is skewed in favor of the RX 570 and GTX 1650 Super.https://www.techspot.com/bestof/graphics-cards/ updated February 23, 2020Sub $100 :

For less than $100 we recommend the Radeon RX 560, however do note this GPU's pricing can fluctuate a lot. Only weeks ago the lowest we could find it for was $130 which is too rich for this low-end contender and too close to the much faster RX 570 (next price segment).As before, we recommend steering clear of GTX 1050 variants. The base $140 model contains a measly 2GB of VRAM, and its 4GB alternative brings the cost even higher, which is absurd. The next step up, the Radeon RX 570 is much faster and less expensive.sub $200:Right now the best sub-$200 value-oriented GPU option is the GeForce GTX 1650 Super, with the good old Radeon RX 580 matching its performance. You can snag either for as little as $160 depending on your brand of choice, which is a great deal.Now, if all you care about it getting the most performance for your money, the $125 RX 570 is the next best choice.

Eurogamer / Digital Foundry , Updated on 31 January 2020:https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-best-graphics-card-every-amd-nvidia-tested-7001

Best budget graphics card :AMD Radeon RX 570: an older mid-range card available at an entry-level price.With the release of a new generation of Nvidia graphics cards, older AMD cards are seeing significant price drops that bring them into new relevancy. Case in point is the RX 570, a once mid-range card now available for less than our previous budget pick, the GTX 1050 3GB. This card offers good performance at 1080p, even in the latest games, although you may have to turn down a few settings in some games to guarantee a 60fps average.However, the RX 570 does have its share of drawbacks. Chief among these is higher CPU utilisation than similarly powerful cards from Nvidia, so we recommend at least a quad-core processor - preferably a recent AMD Ryzen or Intel Core model - to avoid CPU bottlenecking. The RX 570 also tends to draw more power than the GTX 1060 3GB or GTX 1050 Ti, so it may not work well in systems with limited or non-standard power supplies.

@"Infusion.7149" said:I think that what is meant is for an average person the RX 560 / GTX 1050 (designed for 1080p esports titles) at around $100 is a much better buy than a GT 1030 or RX 550.In reality for 1080p you'd want something close to GTX 1650 Super / RX 570 in general. GW2 isn't as graphics intensive so you can get away with a 4GB VRAM card.

For example the PCWorld review of RX 550:

At $80, the Radeon RX 550 certainly isn’t expensive, and it’s more affordable than Nvidia’s ancient $100 GT 740 was—but it’s only $20 cheaper than the $100 Radeon RX 560 cards coming in early May. And if you remember back to the beginning of this review, a Radeon RX 550 is half a RX 560 under the hood

Over at techspot , the price/performance is skewed in favor of the RX 570 and GTX 1650 Super.
updated February 23, 2020Sub $100 :

For less than $100 we recommend the Radeon RX 560, however do note this GPU's pricing can fluctuate a lot. Only weeks ago the lowest we could find it for was $130 which is too rich for this low-end contender and too close to the much faster RX 570 (next price segment).As before, we recommend steering clear of GTX 1050 variants. The base $140 model contains a measly 2GB of VRAM, and its 4GB alternative brings the cost even higher, which is absurd. The next step up, the Radeon RX 570 is much faster and less expensive.sub $200:Right now the best sub-$200 value-oriented GPU option is the GeForce GTX 1650 Super, with the good old Radeon RX 580 matching its performance. You can snag either for as little as $160 depending on your brand of choice, which is a great deal.Now, if all you care about it getting the most performance for your money, the $125 RX 570 is the next best choice.

Eurogamer / Digital Foundry , Updated on 31 January 2020:

Best budget graphics card :AMD Radeon RX 570: an older mid-range card available at an entry-level price.With the release of a new generation of Nvidia graphics cards, older AMD cards are seeing significant price drops that bring them into new relevancy. Case in point is the RX 570, a once mid-range card now available for less than our previous budget pick, the GTX 1050 3GB. This card offers good performance at 1080p, even in the latest games, although you may have to turn down a few settings in some games to guarantee a 60fps average.However, the RX 570 does have its share of drawbacks. Chief among these is higher CPU utilisation than similarly powerful cards from Nvidia, so we recommend at least a quad-core processor - preferably a recent AMD Ryzen or Intel Core model - to avoid CPU bottlenecking. The RX 570 also tends to draw more power than the GTX 1060 3GB or GTX 1050 Ti, so it may not work well in systems with limited or non-standard power supplies.

It all depends of what alliexpress have availiable when I have the cash cuz i just spent the cash to buy a new monitor since the seller gave up selling his used gtx 1050 and I couldnt find another so I've decided to upgrade my monitor which is still VGA. If they have availiable gtx 1050 or rx 560-570 then i'll buy cuz I intend to get a decent card to use when I upgrade my whole CPU, preferable rx 570 and gtx 1050. I rather spend a little more for a decent CPU.

Do not buy a 1030. Never ever buy an nVidia GPU that is less than a #50. Even the 50s are rip offs, but they are the only choice if you have a stock prebuild power supply as they mostly do not need external power. All AMD cards in the same price range use a lot more power and need a stronger power supply. That's why they are cheaper.If you must be cheap, get one of thesehttps://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-gtx-750-ti.htmlYou will not be disappointed. Pick one that does not require external power.Here's a comparisonhttps://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-GT-420/2187vsm10183It's only 800% faster than what you are currently using. More then enough to max GW2 on GPU settings.

@"SinisterSlay.6973" said:Do not buy a 1030. Never ever buy an nVidia GPU that is less than a #50. Even the 50s are rip offs, but they are the only choice if you have a stock prebuild power supply as they mostly do not need external power. All AMD cards in the same price range use a lot more power and need a stronger power supply. That's why they are cheaper.If you must be cheap, get one of thesehttps://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-gtx-750-ti.htmlYou will not be disappointed. Pick one that does not require external power.Here's a comparisonhttps://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-GT-420/2187vsm10183It's only 800% faster than what you are currently using. More then enough to max GW2 on GPU settings.

Thanks, is not that I'm cheap is just I dont have enough cash to buy anything better right now and i REALLY need a video card cuz i'm pratically playing without one. I got the gtx 950 it was the best option I could find with the cash I have now. Later I change processor to i5 4° gen and that shall be enough for now.

@ancafr.9274 said:

@"SinisterSlay.6973" said:Do not buy a 1030. Never ever buy an nVidia GPU that is less than a #50. Even the 50s are rip offs, but they are the only choice if you have a stock prebuild power supply as they mostly do not need external power. All AMD cards in the same price range use a lot more power and need a stronger power supply. That's why they are cheaper.If you must be cheap, get one of these
You will not be disappointed. Pick one that does not require external power.Here's a comparison
It's only 800% faster than what you are currently using. More then enough to max GW2 on GPU settings.

Thanks, is not that I'm cheap is just I dont have enough cash to buy anything better right now and i REALLY need a video card cuz i'm pratically playing without one. I got the gtx 950 it was the best option I could find with the cash I have now. Later I change processor to i5 4° gen and that shall be enough for now.

Haha the seller cancelled so I'll get this gtx 750 ti, accord to this https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=684&game=Guild+Wars+2&p_make=Intel&p_deriv=Core+i3-4160+3.6GHz&gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+GTX+750+Ti&ram=8&checkSubmit=&processor%5B%5D=564&grafcard%5B%5D=328&ram_totalMem=4&game%5B%5D=684#systemRequirements my currently setting with this card is enough to play even on ultra.

@ancafr.9274 said:

@"SinisterSlay.6973" said:Do not buy a 1030. Never ever buy an nVidia GPU that is less than a #50. Even the 50s are rip offs, but they are the only choice if you have a stock prebuild power supply as they mostly do not need external power. All AMD cards in the same price range use a lot more power and need a stronger power supply. That's why they are cheaper.If you must be cheap, get one of these
You will not be disappointed. Pick one that does not require external power.Here's a comparison
It's only 800% faster than what you are currently using. More then enough to max GW2 on GPU settings.

Haha the seller cancelled so I'll get this gtx 750 ti, accord to this
my currently setting with this card is enough to play even on ultra.

Both were good choices. If you can find an AMD rx 570. They cost roughly the same as the 750/950 cards, but are almost twice as fast. They use more power though so you need to make sure your power supply can handle it.