Burning is abusive

anjo.6143

@anjo.6143 said:There is no intention of nerf on burning? It seems way op

+1-i actually walked into wvw and was baffled and astonished....how can this not be taken seriously?-

how was this not included in the hotfix patch??

there is no serious urge of urgency to remove this Toxicity, that's it!!

yeah, that's it folks!!

-a bad design stealth mechanic is fine, a bad design mesmer/thief profession are fine, an elementalist profession having absolutely no identity is fine, +1 shot is fine, exploiting teleports is fine too...folks...everything is fine as always-

nothing new to see here folks

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Burning does stack pretty aggressively, but it only gets heavy in bursts. Fight guards and FBs tactically and you should be fine.

Tactically is hard when 5 burn stacks that's easily achieved deal more damage than a typical power burst over and over. You can get rid of one and be tossed another one right away without much of a choice but to suck it up and die, the multi hit mechanic is cool but the end results need to be looked into, it's too rewarding for nothing and is basically the same even after the patch.

Ele virtually does zero dmg outside burning...they have nothing left as they nerfed even arcane skill already low dmg, now you deal 600 dmg with utilities meant for dmg while a ranger pet deal 5x more dmg...yet people want more nerfs on ele...the class can't kill anything outside silver at this point

@Arheundel.6451 said:Ele virtually does zero dmg outside burning...they have nothing left as they nerfed even arcane skill already low dmg, now you deal 600 dmg with utilities meant for dmg while a ranger pet deal 5x more dmg...yet people want more nerfs on ele...the class can't kill anything outside silver at this point

This is why we look objectively at the core of the problem, because as you mention Ele, there's other people that also use burning and are not major issues, example being Condi Engi or Condi Rev.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Ele virtually does zero dmg outside burning...they have nothing left as they nerfed even arcane skill already low dmg, now you deal 600 dmg with utilities meant for dmg while a ranger pet deal 5x more dmg...yet people want more nerfs on ele...the class can't kill anything outside silver at this point

This is why we look objectively at the core of the problem, because as you mention Ele, there's other people that also use burning and are not major issues, example being Condi Engi or Condi Rev.

Ele is super easy to down if you have any resemblance of skill..dunno any easier class to down atm, if you get killed by a burn weaver you should point the fingers at yourself, there is no class I used so far that struggle against an ele..if anybody call me biased pls jump on an ele and video record it

I think power damage is abusive ....it's way OP! How am I supposed to manage skills that deal 11k damage? I can't cleanse it like I would have cleansed burn with my million cleanses. Yes, I can dodge, but there are just 2 dodge if you are not playing mirage! Remove power damage from the game!

@ollbirtan.2915 said:I think power damage is abusive ....it's way OP! How am I supposed to manage skills that deal 11k damage? I can't cleanse it like I would have cleansed burn with my million cleanses. Yes, I can dodge, but there are just 2 dodge if you are not playing mirage! Remove power damage from the game!

People that hit 11k with power has 11k hp, no cleanses, 2 dogdes, no evades, etc, you have to make ALL your traits for damage. With burn is the same?

I just fought against one Ele, the guy has power dmg, burn, high hp, def and high heals, wth is that? The patch was supposed to make ppl to choose between things, how the hell this class can have it all yet ?

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:I fail to see the logic in your "counter argument" - pardon me.

You can hit high with power, but you have to abdicate of HP, healing, defense, etc. With a build based on burn, do you need to abdicate those things? (Also big condi circles are an advantage to secure a node, so it shouldnt take the same damage in comparison melee atacks)

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Power skills also have AOE, and not every burn skill is AOE. And yes, you have to make sacrifices too if you want to deal enough damage with burn - as you said have to abdicate of HP, healing, defense, etc. .

That is weird, I found an Ele that was tank, healer AND burner, alone almost killed the entire team and could easily hold an node against 2 player.

All the time that im looking my combat log, is like 2, 3, 4k power skills and other condis and 18, 30, 45k burn. There is any explanation for that ? What im doing right with all the stuff and doing wrong with burn? How to handle it?

@anjo.6143 said:

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Power skills also have AOE, and not every burn skill is AOE. And yes, you have to make sacrifices too if you want to deal enough damage with burn - as you said have to abdicate of HP, healing, defense, etc. .

That is weird, I found an Ele that was tank, healer AND burner, alone almost killed the entire team and could easily hold an node against 2 player.

All the time that im looking my combat log, is like 2, 3, 4k power skills and other condis and 18, 30, 45k burn. There is any explanation for that ? What im doing right with all the stuff and doing wrong with burn? How to handle it?

Remove/steal/corrupt its might stacks? Ele is a hybrid class by design, but isn't much of a threat without it.

Edit: also don't stand in the fire.

@anjo.6143 said:Any player that is pro burn, doesnt play with burn build atm?

Here. I play straight power damage nine times out of ten and am fine with racking up burn stacks. If people think it's overperforming then sure look into it, but I haven't seen a major, major issue with it as of yet.

Ive fought a few burnguards since the patch and they havent been incredibly unmanagable. Yeah, if you pick up like 7 burn stacks it'll kill you if you dont manage cleanse properly, but they also have a hard time chasing you, so you can kite and come right back in most cases.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:I think power damage is abusive ....it's way OP! How am I supposed to manage skills that deal 11k damage? I can't cleanse it like I would have cleansed burn with my million cleanses. Yes, I can dodge, but there are just 2 dodge if you are not playing mirage! Remove power damage from the game!

Speaking of, there's an axe scepter mirage out there named Zips or something (He wears a standard issue mesmer mask and dresses in gray) performing really kitten well even with the mirage nerfs. Pretty impressive.

@Arheundel.6451 said:Ele is super easy to down if you have any resemblance of skill..dunno any easier class to down atm, if you get killed by a burn weaver you should point the fingers at yourself, there is no class I used so far that struggle against an ele..if anybody call me biased pls jump on an ele and video record it

I fought a Dagger Dagger Weaver named Hm Ok on grieving and cele. He's pretty strong.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"choovanski.5462" said:imagine not playing warrior and neutering burnguard with just weapon swap

tumblr_n72at1E8TL1smcbm7o1_250.gif

Lmao yeah champ u get 36k multiple burns bursts being contantly applied while weapon swapping to remove 1 condi every 5 sec and see how that works out for u. Perfect talk is cheap example.Burns are definitely grossly overperforming right now.

hey man, you're crying in the forum about burns- m not dude. seems like it's working fine

smh so salty

must be really taking a toll getting farmed by all these condi builds

I'll let the data speak for itselfFrom gw2 wiki:Burning(0.155 Condition Damage) + (1.55 Level) + 7 damage per stack per second,(0.155 * Condition Damage) + 131 damage per stack per second at Level 80

Bleeding(0.06 Condition Damage) + (0.25 Level) + 2 damage per stack per second,(0.06 * Condition Damage) + 22 damage per stack per second at level 80.

Poison(0.06 Condition Damage) + (0.375 Level) + 3.5 damage per stack per second,(0.06 * Condition Damage) + 33.5 damage per stack per second at level 80.

TormentWhile stationary (WvW and sPvP):(0.045 Condition Damage) + 15.9 damage per stack per second.While moving:(0.09 Condition Damage) + (0.36 Level) + 3 damage per stack per second,(0.09 Condition Damage) + 31.8 damage per stack per second at level 80.

Confusion(0.1 Level) + 2 damage per stack per second.10 damage per stack per second at level 80.Damage on skill activation (Player):(0.0975 Condition Damage) + (0.575 Level) + 3.5 damage per stack.(0.0975 Condition Damage) + 49.5 damage per stack.

My opinion:It is undeniable that burning packs the most damage of all the conditions and it can really reach too high damage in few stacks compared to the number of stack of bleeding, poison and torment. And probably a sligh nerf in coefficient would not be bad for the game.Does it needs to be nerfed across all classes? It would be an easy fix, but probably not the correct one. Infact the core of the argument would be how easy access does a class have to high numbers of stacks of burning? Infact would be a complete fail to reduce burning damage for classes that have very infrequent burning or with very low stacks. Probably reducing burning in stacks and frequency of reapplying it would be the way to go. This requires testing done properly considering all factors

• 3 weeks later...

I want to know where players think 11k burns come from. tbh I think it is a blatant lie, because you forgot to count in the dmg part of skills which can do quite more than condis on top. condis are just the stuff added on the side. so for condis your dmg is far lower but it stacks together with condis leading to such myths.

for example if I have 2k condi dmg burn does 443 dmg per second. so to reach 11k burn I need 11k:443= 25 stacks burning. this number is unlikely to get reached, because even with my 100% burn guard I can't get past 12 in pve.

@"pninak.1069" said:I want to know where players think 11k burns come from. tbh I think it is a blatant lie, because you forgot to count in the dmg part of skills which can do quite more than condis on top. condis are just the stuff added on the side. so for condis your dmg is far lower but it stacks together with condis leading to such myths.

for example if I have 2k condi dmg burn does 443 dmg per second. so to reach 11k burn I need 11k:443= 25 stacks burning. this number is unlikely to get reached, because even with my 100% burn guard I can't get past 12 in pve.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zealot%27s_Firethis alone is about 9k burn dmg.1 skill. dunno how the rest works but the fact that 1 ability can whack people for over half HP, with no cast time on low cooldown AOE pulsing...oh and a passive that does the same every 10s. :D

@Serenity.6304 said:Due to huge impact of burning, is it a good choice to use the trait dhuumfire instead of eternal life in the soul reaping line? I do more dmg but using it feels clunky cus of slooow cast time...just pay attention to how many lifeblasts you are hitting. Unless the answer is a lot, dhuum fire isn’t worth it. Tbh I always thought the trait sucked ever since they reworked it’s broken form to what it is now. I’d rather use crit+ferocity or the defensive option as better opponents will avoid/los most of your life blasts anyway (assuming they are pressured) as the skill is so slow to execute.