ArenaNet, Can you please undo the WvW Patch? That was more fun before

Kronan.6712

We cannot use the guild arena anymore, for training, or to test our builds, like the PvE and WvW have now very different gameplay.

We are forced to use condi builds only to be efficient.

The WvW is now "slow". The idea to be able to move faster on controlled territories was greate. Before the patch each factions was able to join the fights more quickly.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Kronan.6712" said:

• We cannot use the guild arena anymore, for training, or to test our builds, like the PvE and WvW have now very different gameplay.

Please make Guild Hall arena use WvW balance already, but this was a problem last patch too (just slightly less obvious)

• We are forced to use condi builds only to be efficient.

That's incorrect, overall power is still slightly stronger (and much more common). There's definitively effective power builds.

• The WvW is now "slow". The idea to be able to move faster on controlled territories was greate. Before the patch each factions was able to join the fights more quickly.

Ye warclaw nerf was not good imo

@"Kronan.6712" said:

• We cannot use the guild arena anymore, for training, or to test our builds, like the PvE and WvW have now very different gameplay.

agree ( i said for years it should use GvG modus / or you can switch what you need ) But you can buy armistice pass :)

• We are forced to use condi builds only to be efficient.yes, but condi damage was already the best choice in small scale ( see minimal changes )
  • The WvW is now "slow". The idea to be able to move faster on controlled territories was greate. Before the patch each factions was able to join the fights more quickly.i highly disagree, mount nerf was THE best change in this patch.

Your first point makes sense, the GH could use WvW settings if that was the intention for it.

Your second point is strange, should you be forced to use power only to be efficient? How about those people who like condi, they don't count?

The warclaw, well I had rather see they removed the mount stomp instead of the speed to be honest.

Thank you @lodjur.1284 @bluberblasen.9684 @aspirine.6852 for participating and for your very interesting point of view.

@aspirine.6852 Sorry I am not so clear on the point 2, I "try" to play WvW yesterday, and I saw only builds with condi or condi + power, but no builds with power only. I played one hour I think.So "How about those people who like condi, they don't count?" Sure, they count, but from my modest observations, power / condi is not balanced at all now.

@miguelsil.6324 said:Dear ArenaNet please ignore this post. Wvw should not be about burning someone instantly

Neither it should be running around with an unkillable build that spreads condis faster than influenza virus.

It's not even a week after patch launch and I already saw something too cancerous to care anymore about condi wars 2: Condi bunker weaver: 27k health + barriers, 2500 armor, crazy healing, perma 25 might and perma protection, able to deal +7k ticks of burning...

@"Kronan.6712" said:

• We are forced to use condi builds only to be efficient.
  • The WvW is now "slow". The idea to be able to move faster on controlled territories was greate. Before the patch each factions was able to join the fights more quickly.

People have asked for guild arena to be changed forever, nothing has been done, however this was already an issue before the patch.

Power is still top, there might be some other condi variations and some might be over performing, however those existed before the patch.

Joining fights faster was part of the problem, the maps were never made with warclaw run speed as a factor and people were able to wipe and get back FAR to fast.

@Ansau.7326 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:Dear ArenaNet please ignore this post. Wvw should not be about burning someone instantly

Neither it should be running around with an unkillable build that spreads condis faster than influenza virus.

It's not even a week after patch launch and I already saw something too cancerous to care anymore about condi wars 2: Condi bunker weaver: 27k health + barriers, 2500 armor, crazy healing, perma 25 might and perma protection, able to deal +7k ticks of burning...

This was a build before the patch and was harder to deal with before the patch as well soooo......

This was a build before the patch and was harder to deal with before the patch as well soooo......

It's post patch. Anyway, it doesn't change that many power builds are way less appealing as their condi versions do similar or even more damage while being way more forgiving, making it much easier for people to get carried post patch than before.Soooo......

Funny you say this, because now its a lot easier and faster to kill someone with the burn condition.

I agree with you, WvW should not be about burning someone instantly, but thats what this patch has done, so OP is right to ask to revert the patch.

@Momekic.8603 said:

Funny you say this, because now its a lot easier and faster to kill someone with the burn condition.

I agree with you, WvW should not be about burning someone instantly, but thats what this patch has done, so OP is right to ask to revert the patch.

No he's really not because any reasonable person knows that's not going to happen.

ANet have already said multiple times that making the GH use sPvP and/or WvW balance instead of PvE isn't as easy to do as it sounds from a coding point of view. Yes, it makes more sense since that's realistically what the Arena in there is for but that's your answer...

Condi in small scale has been very prominent for years, people just never noticed how much because power still did so much, now power's been brought back to vanilla GW2 levels more, it stands out that much more. They've also said that they're working on bringing Condi damage down to a more manageable level like they have done with the powercreep. This patch was the first iteration, there's still more to come (Or so we've been told and we hope).

Warclaw is STILL faster than running on foot WITH swiftness, the only thing that still outpaces it is Thieves and maybe Ranger? (Not sure since the nerf to F2 Soulbeast) So from a bystander point of view, the movement speed to Warclaw isn't a big a hit as people think, they just got to used to it like they did powercreep...

it's not that bad. condi strongly gained more usage, not a big fan of that personally, but power revs or mixed ones still work pretty well against mindless random zergs. the nerfs on sustain (the healing classes) did go too far however. anet coulda nerfed firebrands damageoutput to avoid people playing it offensively at all, but like it's now, we're forced to bring more sustain to keep against the nasty condispam paired with filthy cc-spam. (which is basically the new 'en vogue'-strategy for zergs) and to effectively beat that off, it got harder to cleave downed, since everything does less dmg, and clouding a zerg takes simply way more time now.

so yeah, kinda the overall slower battles result in them beeing more stressful and less loot-delivering. then again, the bigger the groups are that clash, the more u notice that literally nothing has changed at real blobsize (50+ players per group)... if over hundred players fire off their skills, the side with worse dodges and/or sustain simply dies, and it does that pretty quickly, regardless of any nerfs.

tier5 removal was the right choice. peoplewise/numberwise, the triplelinks feel overstacked, but are somehow possible to handle.

warclaw will never lose the "why is it even here"-touch... regardless of how much anet buffs or nerfs it.

For a player like me (playging thief since the beginning of the game, like stuff , direct damage builds and a bit of theory craft) wvw became CONDI Wars2 or SLOW Wars2 (pick your choice)

But i'm pretty sure that most the casuals players like it is now and btw that's Anet wanted too.

• easy kills for most of the profession > rotation : apply conditions, waiting the enemy cleanse it, re apply conditions, wait, he's dead.
  • easy stuff : thougness, vitality, condition most of the time. protected from direct damage builds (if its still played? not sure...) and make big ticks of conditions
  • conditions damage depends ONLY on 1 statistic to be efficient vs Direct Damage depends on 3 statistic minimum (power, precision, ferocity)
  • slow gameplay: i'am convinced that ICD has change. Fights are so slow., cd nerfed, init nerf (for thief) playing my thief now is not funny at all, i've lost all this dynamic fights i liked. To came back to this and survive i need to play condi build too (great....)
  • no more direct damage builds has been nerfed... Direct damage builds was more fun to play because of the rotation speeds, action, position to manage etc....

The game in wvw became so BORING !

I can understand some of the nerfs. But not touching or hardly touching condi is legit killing wvw. I've spent years playing thief/rev, mostly power. Now it feels like very lackluster in playing any of the specs that are power focused. Was jokingly playing a condi de build and was hitting people for close to 5k on poison alone... that lasted what seems for a very long time and very spamable too. It's becoming a joke now. I don't know how much longer someone that's loved this game since beta can take. People can say just adapt, I would, but condi is boring. Power took skill. Condi gear mostly has tough and vit as a followed stat. So that was the trade off, skill vs tank with damage coming from ticks. Now it's low hits vs tank and condi with little to help survive it. Yes, you can remove the condis, but once you've used that and they are reapplied... Now what? Just eat the condi while you hardly do damage? Run from the fight? Or just log? Yeah. Let's just call it what it is. Boring and not worth the time or headache anymore.

Condis not a problem largescale. Parties are literally running 4 people capable of removing decent amount of conditions.

Roaming seems kinda different tho. Tanky condi Scourges kiting until eternity and Soulbeasts everywhere.

WvW maps weren't designed for increased movementspeed. The distances between places is very small, increased movementspeed would make sense in other RvR MMOs that have bigger maps like ESO. You can't just die and be back in 15 seconds.

Please Arena Net do never ever undo the latest balance patch.

Before the 25th WvW was a uninspired slug fest. The damage was so high a random attack could take out a large chunk of an opponent's health. The damage was also too easy to land because your CC also did hit hard and in some occasions made you immune to retaliation (not the boon). All this combined made delivering damage so easy that the game boiled down to executing as fast as possible the most efficient rotation regardless of situation and encounter. That is the very definition of a stale game play.

@Fish.2769 said:ANet have already said multiple times that making the GH use sPvP and/or WvW balance instead of PvE isn't as easy to do as it sounds from a coding point of view. Yes, it makes more sense since that's realistically what the Arena in there is for but that's your answer...

Condi in small scale has been very prominent for years, people just never noticed how much because power still did so much, now power's been brought back to vanilla GW2 levels more, it stands out that much more. They've also said that they're working on bringing Condi damage down to a more manageable level like they have done with the powercreep. This patch was the first iteration, there's still more to come (Or so we've been told and we hope).

Warclaw is STILL faster than running on foot WITH swiftness, the only thing that still outpaces it is Thieves and maybe Ranger? (Not sure since the nerf to F2 Soulbeast) So from a bystander point of view, the movement speed to Warclaw isn't a big a hit as people think, they just got to used to it like they did powercreep...

Armistice Bastion disagrees with you. What you meant to say was coding the GH to use WvW/PvP stats is not profitable cuz they can't sell 1000 gem passes for it.

@Ansau.7326 said:

It's post patch. Anyway, it doesn't change that many power builds are way less appealing as their condi versions do similar or even more damage while being way more forgiving, making it much easier for people to get carried post patch than before.Soooo......

The build existed in an even more OP form before the patch is what you don't seem to understand. So now that the build is less OP, we need to go back to the worse version? Not sure I understand your logic. And now you are shifting to other unnamed builds, if you are going to claim something else, be specific, general QQing does no good. State what class, build, trait and/or skill that is the issue. There are going to be many over performing builds after the patch, everyone who reads the balance threads already knew this, and your reasoning that the burn weaver is the reason to revert the patch because it is to strong when the build had more sustain before the patch makes zero sense.

@Momekic.8603 said:

Yet again, this build existed BEFORE the patch and was harder to deal with and had even more sustain. So how exactly does reverting the patch to a more powerful version of this build help anything?