Are there any guides for easier rotations?

I'm trying to get back into raiding but it's a bit tricky. Between kinda poor reflexes, easily getting overwhelmed by mechanics and trying to keep a rotation going at the same time, things get... messy, quite often. So I was wondering if there are any guides for maybe not "The Ultimate" but still effective rotations that are easier to memorize than what tends to be posted on snow crows?

You can try to look at skill breakdown to see what are the most important/damaging skills and trait/skill interactions (DH F1, Weaver elements of rage etc) to work on skill/combo priority instead of trying to memorize a rotation step by step, might be easier, after you get that down you can just work on speed and trying to add and min-max stuff.

Take DH for example and remove GS3/GS5 from the rotation and just auto-attack instead, you'll barely notice a dps drop, excluding when you can GS5 inside hitbox and get all 5 hits on the same target.

Sadly i don't think there are simplified rotation guides out but it'd be very useful as a lot of people try to follow what SC/DT do on a Golem and fail trying to apply it everywhere due to mechanics, not being able to remember stuff, inconsistent boon uptimes etc.

I don't know if there's any rotation guides out there that i agree with it's premises - aka, i don't think i'd reccommend a build that thrives on good auto attacks that is worse than being bad at a rotation on an optimal build.

I only know about the rotations for condition soulbeast (shortbow + dagger/torch), power soulbeast (GS + dagger or sword/axe), condition firebrand, and power daredevil, if you happen to be playing any of those i'd be happy to tell you a simple version of them. (though, power daredevil kinda already is a lot of auto attacks, it's probably the only build which you can just auto attack on and still do a significant number of dps).

When i learn new rotations, i look at traits and skills and figure out where the big burst number is coming from and i do that rotation, but i don't learn anything else until later usually.

Oh, and one thing to note, is muscle memory can be kinda terrible if you learn a bad rotation to begin with, which is why i like the approach of learning a build's burst rotation to have the most important part committed to muscle memory and everything in the downtime later. On condi soulbeast i constantly make a mistake due to this exact reason - the version committed to muscle memory had a mistake and it's hard to change it now xD

They exist but arent widely shared because most of the hc community can do rotations. However if you post what classes you're looking for, I can probably find/make builds that hit for 25kish with extremely simplified rotations. That amount of dps obviously wont have you topping damage charts but is more than enough to clear raids comfortably.

Also depends on your definition of simple. Are you looking for a rotation that has minimal key presses? Or one that has straightforward build logic ie. Hit these 10 buttons when they're on cooldown, no thought or timing required?

Something fairly short without too much weapon switching would be nice, just to keep it easier to memorize it. And it'd be neat if it didn't contain too many repositioning skills. The brief time I put a sword in the hands of my ranger made me kill myself more than the enemies did.

Right now I'm mainly playing power and condi warriors, but I'm really hoping to bring a condi scourge and maybe a power reaper into the mix sometime soon.

@Lini.2698 said:Something fairly short without too much weapon switching would be nice, just to keep it easier to memorize it. And it'd be neat if it didn't contain too many repositioning skills. The brief time I put a sword in the hands of my ranger made me kill myself more than the enemies did.

Right now I'm mainly playing power and condi warriors, but I'm really hoping to bring a condi scourge and maybe a power reaper into the mix sometime soon.

The condi scourge rotation on snowcrows is already pretty simple and you can take out the weapon swap without too much of a loss. The key to practicing rotations is to NOT memorize individual skill order but rather understand rotation logic and skill priority. That way you can derive and adapt to your current situation.

Heres a mathematical example to illustrate my point. Heres a sequence of numbers known as the fibonacci sequence1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34Sure you can memorize the numbers in the sequence but its infinitely easier to memorize the single rule that ties the sequence together: the next number is the sum of the two previous numbers. Now you're able to derive the next number no matter where you are in the sequence.

Same idea applies to rotations Memorize the basic logic not the steps. Condi scourge has a few basic rules

1. Keep 3 shades up
  2. Use plaguelands on cd
  3. Pair blood is power usage with sand shroud
  4. Use skills 2 through 5 on cd
  5. Dont interrupt your auto attack chain
  6. Bring epi if you need to cleave adds

That's it. As long as you follow these rules, you should get decent damage as condi scourge in raid settings.

I think Power Rev with switching Shiro+Jalis and basically faceroll autoattacking with sword and hammers+impossible odds is still pretty viable for standard groups with the expected boons. Throw in sword 5 or 4 if you want to, but if this interrupts your AA might as well just stop pressing buttons and focus on mechanics. Heck, I never understood why people don't simply play that forever and stop complaining that rotations are hard (jk I actually know it's because they absolutely need the skips due to never really wanting to do mechanics).

You can also play power renegade and basically do the same with rotating alacrity+orders from above+impossible odds OR jalis' hammers. When you do need condi there is no situation where Scourge won't be enough to kill and the basic logic is even easier, just hit your face on every single keyboard key WITHOUT cancelling your auto attack and you should still do decent damage.

Perhaps people will get caught up in the use of the word "still efficient" in the OP, but really, raids are pretty stale by now and it has become extremely easy to pull off some kills with literally minimal effort (using speedrun builds is actually A LOT of effort compared to how easy kills actually are to get...). In a pug scenario, your AA-only build will regularly outperform GOAT pros as long as you can focus on what actually matters, that is, sidestepping orange circles and doing mechanics - so if you want an easier rotation, do the easiest one possible, it still kills the boss lol

@"Lini.2698" said:I'm trying to get back into raiding but it's a bit tricky. Between kinda poor reflexes, easily getting overwhelmed by mechanics and trying to keep a rotation going at the same time, things get... messy, quite often. So I was wondering if there are any guides for maybe not "The Ultimate" but still effective rotations that are easier to memorize than what tends to be posted on snow crows?

Depends which class you want to play. the most important thing is to understand why some rotations are like that so you dont have to remember them at all. power weaver rota becomes really simple but still harder to execute because of aa chain.the easiest ones are warrior, shortbow soulbeast, scourge, reaper and daredevil. if you dont like to play with 0 endurance you can take staff master on daredevil.scourge is just "hit all the buttons" gameplay with bonus points if you manage to transfer condis from blood is power with your shroud. does very low dmg though.

@Shikaru.7618 said:

@Lini.2698 said:Heres a mathematical example to illustrate my point. Heres a sequence of numbers known as the fibonacci sequence1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34

I wish there was an addon like Guitar hero , where you could put the Crow Meta Build numeric numbers like this , and increase/descrese the difuculty for more/less rewards (some button are done automatically , while some other manually in the least dificulty) for us poor old souls :(

The sequence stop with a Dodge and restart with an Auto-attack

Heck... put it in the Gemstore , with some flowery or disco UI effects .

Edit: With less loot given ofc .Or splitting it , among my peers for having them carry me

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

@Lini.2698 said:Heres a mathematical example to illustrate my point. Heres a sequence of numbers known as the fibonacci sequence1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34

I wish there was an addon like Guitar hero , where you could put the Crow Meta Build numeric numbers like this , and increase/descrese the difuculty for more/less rewards (some button are done automatically , while some other manually in the least dificulty) for us poor old souls :(

The sequence stop with a Dodge and restart with an Auto-attack

Heck... put it in the Gemstore , with some flowery or disco UI effects .

Edit: With less loot given ofc .Or splitting it , among my peers for having them carry me

You literally did not read the second half of the paragraph you quoted. The point is to not memorize a long sequence of skills but to understand the logic of the sequence so that its intuitive. If you sit there and look at a rotation like 7 8 f1 4 2 swap 2 7 10 4 7 2 2 swap 5 3 7 8 f1 4 2 of course you're not going to memorize it. The string of numbers dont mean anything in your brain because it's just a jumbled mess of numbers. Dont memorize 50 individual steps. Learn how to get from one step to the next so you can derive the 50 steps on your own.

As mentioned by others:For Power:

• power shiro/jalis revenant would be right up there with providing sufficient power damage. Just keep Impossible Odds or Vengeful Hammers always on, spend as much energy as possible before legend swapping. Try to legend swap every 10 seconds
  • Daredevil is also an autoattack monster with no need to weapon swap. Keep a spare set of double pistols in you offhand weapon set just in case you need to range damage something, otherwise camp that staff
  • power warrior is on the very easy side, but does require spamming of F1 as well as ideally managing axe skills, healing skill and weapon swap for ideal output, but even a bad played power warrior will do decently. Not autoattack only though
  • power reaper works nicely, but does have some priorities and skill and damage setups which should be used (nothing to wild, but ideally some skills will get used in sequence)

For condi:

• condi ranger/soulbeast remains a very easy build
  • condi warrior is still solid and easy to play

Tbh, if you are playing warrior (either power or condi), there won't be many classes which will make things vastly easier.