The most beautiful locations in the game

Hoover.6394

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was the first secret area I ever found, I was just exploring the Grove, checking out which pools you could swim in, and suddenly found myself in there. And yet I still have to check 2 or 3 pools to find the right one, because I always guess wrong the first time.

• 6 months later...

Personally, Timberlaine Falls is an area that comes immediately to mind. I'm a returning player from 2014-15 and back then I had a cheap Macbook laptop that was able to run GW2 on lower settings. The areas that stood out despite the low graphics were largely the human zones (queens-timberlaine).

I don't think any MMO has done that area archetype better than GW2. To be fair, I just began the expansions so I haven't seen much outside Verdant. From screenshots the desert looks pretty amazing, so I am psyched for that. This time I can play with everything maxxed out over 60 fps, aside from Lion's Arch...my PC runs most everything maxxed over 60fps but for whatever reason the slowdown there is brutal.

@"Etria.3642" said:My daughter and I were working on the skyscale flight achievements, and whoah. If you ever plan on doing this achievement, pick sunrise/sunset. So very many of them simply took my breath away. In fact, it was so gorgeous after a few oohs and ahhs, by request, it was streamed to our Discord.

I was also going to mention this: I'm doing the same achievement, and kept thinking "Wow, they must have picked these routes to give you fantastic views!" Hard to truly enjoy when I'm busy steering to get the nodes, but it's always somewhere fantastic to hover at the end before the lift wears off.

There is not a single map in this game without beautiful visuals, though. It's one reason we love this place.

@Hoover.6394 said:

@"Ahrya.3097" said:Screenshots that stood out to me in my collection. I have to admit most are from off the beaten path.

That Canthan looking building on top of a hill, where is that

I'm afraid that particular building no longer exists in the place this screenshot was taken. This is way up the top of a gilded hollow guild hall, atop a tree. It was the end of the most difficult custom jumping puzzle i've completed and the view was very nice up there. The fact they added a canthan style building was just cherry on icing. From up there it looks like the map stretches on forever in all direction.

• 4 months later...

@"ZemsBond.2547" said:Can anyone tell me where I can find this place? This is one I want for collection.003.jpg

That's Griffonrook Run in Lornar's Pass.

Here's the Wiki page with information on it. If you want exact instructions for getting there you can click the link to the Jumping Puzzles, that article goes into more detail: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Griffonrook_Run