Nobody wins with nerf wars.....many of you don't get it

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:You made a ton of posts asking for nerfs on other professions.Is it that yours is on the line now so you miraculously saw the light?

All my nerfs were direct and straight to the point, where
I mention the specific problem and that alone
...I dare you to go and try to find otherwise in my threads..I dare you to go and post it here. Not once! Not even once I asked for a profession to be removed from the spectrum of viability ,
I know what makes each profession tick
, I ask to reduce specific aspects of a class...not stopping them from being any kind of threat to me and that's the
main difference
between me and the likes of you and those who act like you.

Many of you want that or that other profession completely neutered and out of the picture....that's not balance of any sort. also...for the last time as I am tired of repeating myself on this :
I have several mains
and I asked for heavy nerfs on ranger in the past , on boonbeast and druid, going against the whole ranger forum where I posted them because I don't cower like you...I can hold my argument because I know what I am talking about, I don't post a cropped image and start whining left and right.

And the point of this thread stand...once one of the professions I play is neutered out of viability.,..what do you think will happen to yours?

The others nerfs are also straight to the point, such as the ones that you're trying to avoid.Mine? Was already, quoting you "neutered" in part thanks to your efforts.

@apharma.3741 said:This however is all smoke and mirrors to stave off the inevitable addressing of ranger, your efforts would be better placed promoting a post by Ovark linked below as it targets a factor that might stop ranger getting chrono'd.

IndeedSo obvious it hurts.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:You made a ton of posts asking for nerfs on other professions.Is it that yours is on the line now so you miraculously saw the light?

All my nerfs were direct and straight to the point, where
I mention the specific problem and that alone
...I dare you to go and try to find otherwise in my threads..I dare you to go and post it here. Not once! Not even once I asked for a profession to be removed from the spectrum of viability ,
I know what makes each profession tick
, I ask to reduce specific aspects of a class...not stopping them from being any kind of threat to me and that's the
main difference
between me and the likes of you and those who act like you.

Many of you want that or that other profession completely neutered and out of the picture....that's not balance of any sort. also...for the last time as I am tired of repeating myself on this :
I have several mains
and I asked for heavy nerfs on ranger in the past , on boonbeast and druid, going against the whole ranger forum where I posted them because I don't cower like you...I can hold my argument because I know what I am talking about, I don't post a cropped image and start whining left and right.

And the point of this thread stand...once one of the professions I play is neutered out of viability.,..what do you think will happen to yours?

The others nerfs are also straight to the point, such as the ones that you're trying to avoid.Mine? Was already, quoting you "neutered" in part thanks to your efforts.

@apharma.3741 said:This however is all smoke and mirrors to stave off the inevitable addressing of ranger, your efforts would be better placed promoting a post by Ovark linked below as it targets a factor that might stop ranger getting chrono'd.

IndeedSo obvious it hurts.

The neutered professions magically return always to the spotlight so again my question : what did you accomplish for the last 8 years other than swapping around classes from viable state?

This is why I said the minutia is lost on people making this claim. You buff and nerf around an average power level to switch up the meta and keep the game interesting, something becomes a bit stronger for a while, sometimes a little weaker but it encourages people to try a few different things and play different style.

Where the current remark comes off as smol bran is because we've just had a big redress of 5 years of power creep where some aspects will have been missed for a variety of reasons and still need bringing down to the new power level in this case. That's without also mentioning the new power level is still in a state of flux as the devs figure out where they want the game to be.

That means the premise of the post is wrong because it applies to when the power level is not in so much flux or has had a monumental shift.

There is no "average power level" because nerf threads won't stop till one profession is neutered out of viability as is with ele periodically , they have been "trying to figure out" where game meant to be for the last 8 years with no success...the only constant is overnerfing to please forum outcry

If you ever played core GW2 you will know that when HoT arrived elite specs were without a doubt better than anything you could make on core. No matter which way you cut it this new power level represented by the elite specs was always better than anything you could run on core and this continued on into PoF till about halfway through PoF where they started buffing core aspects and we saw some core builds come into the meta.

However without a shadow of a doubt any build you made after PoF hit had a higher power level than in core, even "core builds". As @"bluri.2653" said when asked about thief's strength after HoT when thief wasn't meta "Thief has never been more powerful" because it was just stronger then than it ever had been, even though it was weak in the current meta.

You're mistaking cyclical meta changes with flat power level changes across the game, one is (meant to be) a more frequent cyclical change happening every month or two while the other a bigger less frequent shift in direction over many years.

@ParadoX.3124 said:Yeah tell that to ranger pets and condi rev

I am pretty certain pets are currently under ANet's sight, they have to decide what to do with them, if anything. I can't guess what goalpost they will set on rangers / pets, but for sure what they don't want is a bunker ranger paired up with a killer pet, as that would be against the offense/defense balance that builds should have.

@Skotlex.7580 said:

I am pretty certain pets are currently under ANet's sight, they have to decide what to do with them, if anything. I can't guess what goalpost they will set on rangers / pets, but for sure what they don't want is a bunker ranger paired up with a killer pet, as that would be against the offense/defense balance that builds should have.

Under that philosophy they should delete core necro and core rev then

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I don't get why people keep spouting extremes when discussing balance like this. No, ANet are not looking to delete spec. They are looking to fix outliers. They are looking to bring them back in line.

Saying the nerfs will delete the spec is extremely non productive.

@Arheundel.6451 said:Under that philosophy they should delete core necro and core rev then

Look at latest patch notes, they are already being addressed.

@Sunshine.5014 said:I don't get why people keep spouting extremes when discussing balance like this. No, ANet are not looking to delete spec. They are looking to fix outliers. They are looking to bring them back in line.

hyperbole doesn't help in discussing balance, which is probably why most of the forum discussions around the topic need to be taken with a pound of salt. :(

@Sunshine.5014 said:

I don't get why people keep spouting extremes when discussing balance like this. No, ANet are not looking to delete spec. They are looking to fix outliers. They are looking to bring them back in line.

Outliers compared to what and where?We're not talking based on an official tournament among top players, where you see a spec clearly dominating the whole match...no...what we see are a Tom and Fred running God knows what, getting killed under peculiar circumstances , come on the forum and ask for nerfs.

When a spec clearly dominate under all scenarios..then yes nerfs are required to bring it in place but when you deal with specs only good under certain circumstances and then nerf them...you create UP classes not balance.

You are familiar with elementalist are you not? That's what happen when devs listen to a forum outcry rather than objective measuring .......you delete classes from the game

@Apolo.5942 said:More bunkers is a very good thing, this game was never meant to be lol, to get you kill with 3 skills.

The meta needed to slow the kitten down since HoT.

Only when bunkers deal close to no dmg like it's for ele and for ele only, the ones making nerf threads atm are a bunch of necros, condi revs, holos, wars...professions that get to be bunker (thx to their innate defense) and still deal medium/large dmg...so yeah

@Skotlex.7580 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Under that philosophy they should delete core necro and core rev then

Look at latest patch notes, they are already being addressed.

@Sunshine.5014 said:I don't get why people keep spouting extremes when discussing balance like this. No, ANet are not looking to delete spec. They are looking to fix outliers. They are looking to bring them back in line.

hyperbole doesn't help in discussing balance, which is probably why most of the forum discussions around the topic need to be taken with a pound of salt. :(

You cannot have a discussion without hyperbole on a MMO forum.....take for example this @"Rickster.8752" guy...a necro main who keep creating nerf thread after nerf thread while conveniently forgetting how stupidly powerful necro is against everything else but the classes he wants to see nerfed...you won't see him making an "ele nerf thread" anytime soon I am sure