Any good power mirage builds?

Daniel Handler.4816

Nope, looked over everything and nothing appears to be missing or bugged.Seems to be going good,Anet is just in the early stages of confirming that the patch it is working as intended. Therefore, your feedback is appreciated.

However, if you ever do feel like you have enough offensive pressure or utility to survive, just be sure to send in a notification right away so that a hot fix may be implemented for the next patch.

Thank you,

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@Yoci.2481 said:Which game mode? Mesmer is dead in WvW.

Incorrect.

Dead in PvP.Very Much Alive in WvW.

Carried by endurance food, kinda sad when you think about it.

Don't know where you get that much alive in WvW. Zerguing has never been a place for mirages, and roaming is now dead zone for power mirage: 0 dps, much less burst potential, everybody running bunkier builds, and sustain has been reduced. Perfect formula for failure.

Maybe condi mirage still has it's place in roaming, but only because of Trailblazer/Dire stats and Chaos spec, the real carries. Food has less impact here as the build relies more on passive defense, and the loss of ambush pressure is countered by less overall condi cleanse.

@Ansau.7326 said:

@Yoci.2481 said:Which game mode? Mesmer is dead in WvW.

Incorrect.

Dead in PvP.Very Much Alive in WvW.

Carried by endurance food, kinda sad when you think about it.

Don't know where you get that much alive in WvW. Zerguing has never been a place for mirages, and roaming is now dead zone for power mirage: 0 dps, much less burst potential, everybody running bunkier builds, and sustain has been reduced. Perfect formula for failure.

Maybe condi mirage still has it's place in roaming, but only because of Trailblazer/Dire stats and Chaos spec, the real carries. Food has less impact here as the build relies more on passive defense, and the loss of ambush pressure is countered by less overall condi cleanse.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Before the patch I was running Chaos/Insp/Mirage (GS/Staff) and mostly zerker gear in WvW for roaming. I was heavily relying on IH to apply vuln and do damage. Doesn't work any more.

I still like this patch for on reason: The rework of Elusive Mind. 2 condies cleansed (on dodge, even with only one dodge available) actually is nice and made me confident that I can move away from Inspiration.

So now I am running Dom/Duel/Mirage (GS/Sw + Focus, still zerker) for max boon removal and damage... Actually the damage feels about the same as before (on my more defensive trait setup before patch) and my defense feels actually fine, due to the over all reduced damaged. Doesn't feel too bad, tbh. Can't really compare to other classes, because I was only trying out Mesmer... But in my experience (which is not on the high end of competitiveness) Mirage isn't dead in WvW, at least for my casual roaming.

I also like to go mimic + blink, which is a great disengage option to avoid being overrun by an evil horde of zerglings :D