How to use Entangle effectively in PvP?

Murshid.9854

I have been playing customized trapper ranger in PvP and I'm doing great in general but the one point the keeps bothering me so much and its how Entangle is mostly a waste of skill for me since its almost 80% blocked (if first one blocked the reset don't apply) or opponent get out easily with condition cleanse.

Is there a specific technique to use it in PvP? should I use it last after spike trap hit or at last after they use all condi clean utilities or else?

There is a reason why Trapper ranger isn't played much in PvP and this is the reason.Yur major setup is that Entangle and it's so easily countered by condi cleanse.

In fact, all yur traps can be countered by Condi cleanse.

If yu wanna play it though, yu may use traps on like, far or home after decap, and harass whoever disengaged from the fight to cap points.Usually people who disengaged from fights to cap points may have a few utilities or their heal burnt, which is when yur traps will become extremely deadly when least expected.

Just saying, I've been doing work with trap soulbeast when I'm paired with a support vs condi rev and firebrand.. which is suprising cause that's the best duo combo lol.

You can actually dish out enough CV and condis with spike traps help to make it work.

This is for 2v2s.

I dont think itd do well in conquest

Yea the best advice I can give is do it behind walls, you know they don't have immediate condi cleanse ready, or at a point where you know they can't dodge it, they might have cleanse ready but you have CC ready. Because the immob means they can't dodge your stun, etc. Cleansing usually takes an extra second for most people whereas dodging is basically instant.

@Murshid.9854 said:Thanks guys for the tipshappy to see condi ranger in PvP have some love

Its great behind walls and don t forget its unblockable aswell thats why i run it with rune of sunless so when warior for example go for shield block you time it so entangle hits threw block and fear comes after litlle delay. Usually warrior have alot of easy remove for movement impairing condis and thats where sunless rune on entangle shines because it also fear him if you learn to time it well. Fear is also good condi when you play with shortbow because it set you bonus effect such as stun and imob or more condi output since your targets turn back from you.