WvW/PvP True Shot Damage

Clownmug.8357

In the big patch (2/25/20) where most power damage got reduced by about 30%, for some reason this skill only got reduced by 5%. Is it correct for this skill to now be practically like having a Level 3 Kill Shot with half cast time as a plain weapon skill? For comparison see list below of power coefficient changes to infamous long range heavy hitting skills.

True ShotBefore: 2.0After: 1.91

Kill Shot (Lvl.1 / Lvl. 2 / Lvl. 3)Before: 2.25 / 2.75 / 3.25After: 1.4 / 1.7 / 2.0

Gun FlameBefore: 2.2After: 1.54

Death's JudgementBefore: 1.65After: 1.11

Rapid FireBefore: (10x) 3.75After: (10x) 2.75

Well it deserves to be shaved a bit more (1.6 coefficient maybe) , but keep in mind it is projectile and typically blockable. Warrior has access to unblockable and so does ranger. In order to have equal health to ranger you need to either run Honor with +300 vitality and some marauder/vitality gear or get a bunch of vitality gear.

I would probably put revenant phase smash (1.36 coefficient down from 1.75), CoR (stayed 1.5 coefficient) , and some weaver dual attacks on that list as well for comparison (Plasma Blast = 1.66 , Piledriver = 1.6 down from 2.1).

The real reason is probably the number of guardians is higher than any other class in all modes. The playerbase is probably guardian,warrior, ranger, necroeven if the WvW playerbase has been Guardian Warrior Ele Necro and then guardian warrior ele necro rev with scrapper coming into the picture after gyro reworks and chrono having a brief moment as boonshare.

I'm gonna say yes.

What DH LB doesn't have which Rifle Warrior does though, is Cripple and Vuln on two charges, Volley on 2 charges and Immob + evade on 2 charges.

These factors alone make Rifle a superior range pressure tool over DH.

What makes Warrior play with Rifle badly however, is Warrior itself.

If yu gave DH Warrior's Rifle, they would still rock it around because it's so much more versatile than LB is.

And don't talk about DJ please.DE has Malice stacks to boost that damage by a significant amount, ontop of their other skills basically having no cooldown, providing superior versatility, again, because the Profession using it is good, not because the set is good.

@Infusion.7149 said:Well it deserves to be shaved a bit more (1.6 coefficient maybe) , but keep in mind it is projectile and typically blockable. Warrior has access to unblockable and so does ranger. In order to have equal health to ranger you need to either run Honor with +300 vitality and some marauder/vitality gear or get a bunch of vitality gear.

I would probably put revenant phase smash (1.36 coefficient down from 1.75), CoR (stayed 1.5 coefficient) , and some weaver dual attacks on that list as well for comparison (Plasma Blast = 1.66 , Piledriver = 1.6 down from 2.1).

The real reason is probably the number of guardians is higher than any other class in all modes. The playerbase is probably guardian,warrior, ranger, necroeven if the WvW playerbase has been Guardian Warrior Ele Necro and then guardian warrior ele necro rev with scrapper coming into the picture after gyro reworks and chrono having a brief moment as boonshare.

You're right that there are other things to consider, but the universal damage shave didn't have any exceptions other than True Shot that I know of. The weaver skills you mentioned are a good example of how health pool and access to unblockable weren't enough to give exception to other professions.

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:What ur actually asking is: Is it right for lvl3 Kill shot to be on the same dmg lvl as true shot

I'm pretty sure Kill Shot is in line with everything else and that True Shot probably received special treatment.

@Yasai.3549 said:I'm gonna say yes.

What DH LB doesn't have which Rifle Warrior does though, is Cripple and Vuln on two charges, Volley on 2 charges and Immob + evade on 2 charges.

If yu gave DH Warrior's Rifle, they would still rock it around because it's so much more versatile than LB is.

Right, there are other factors to consider which Infusion.7149 also mentioned, but I haven't seen any other exceptions like True Shot.

And don't talk about DJ please.DE has Malice stacks to boost that damage by a significant amount, ontop of their other skills basically having no cooldown, providing superior versatility, again, because the Profession using it is good, not because the set is good.

Even though you don't want to talk about DJ, I should point out it takes 4 stacks of malice to surpass the damage of True Shot and has both visual and audio tells unlike True Shot.

@Yasai.3549 said:I'm gonna say yes.

Comparing warrior rifle to DH bow is like apples to oranges. Guardian's bow is very utility-oriented, just like the rest of DH's kit, and allows them to pseudo-support even while going DPS. People used to sleep on Symbol of Energy hard, and still do.

That said, DH needs a hard-hitting True Shot because it's literally the only pure damage skill the weapon has.

They clearly stated they were aiming for a 2.0 coefficient baseline for hard hitting skills, not a uniform blanket nerf.

For this update, we’re targeting a 2.0 power coefficient as the new baseline for big damage skills. These are the skills like Eviscerate; skills that exist to deal large amounts of damage and not do much else. Skills that provide more and more value in other aspects (cc, sustain, mobility, defense, etc.) will have lower power coefficients.

I find it funny out of all the hard hitting skills you have an issue with LB's only viable hard hitting skill with 1.9 power coefficient, not Ranger that has 2.75 coefficient on rapid fire, or volley with 2.5, unload with 2.16. With all of those coefficients, you really want to nerf TS 30% to 1.4 coefficient? just lol

@Derm.4932 said:They clearly stated they were aiming for a 2.0 coefficient baseline for hard hitting skills, not a uniform blanket nerf.

For this update, we’re targeting a 2.0 power coefficient as the new baseline for big damage skills. These are the skills like Eviscerate; skills that exist to deal large amounts of damage and not do much else. Skills that provide more and more value in other aspects (cc, sustain, mobility, defense, etc.) will have lower power coefficients.

I find it funny out of all the hard hitting skills you have an issue with LB's only viable hard hitting skill with 1.9 power coefficient, not Ranger that has 2.75 coefficient on rapid fire, or volley with 2.5, unload with 2.16. With all of those coefficients, you really want to nerf TS 30% to 1.4 coefficient? just lol

Those skills still had their damage reduced by more than just 5%. What I want is consistency.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

@Derm.4932 said:They clearly stated they were aiming for a 2.0 coefficient baseline for hard hitting skills, not a uniform blanket nerf.

Those skills still had their damage reduced by more than just 5%.

And TS had it's cooldown increased by 30%, but I don't see you mentioning that.

What I want is consistency.Like I said, they explicitly stated they were aiming for a 2.0 coefficient. You seem to think they were doing blanket 30% nerfs. Those other skills got big nerfs because they were far out of line from their new 2.0 baseline. TS was not. They are clearly intent on establishing a new baseline for heavy hitting skills around the 2.0 range. TS has a 1.91 coefficient. That is consistent with their intent.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

Those skills still had their damage reduced by more than just 5%. What I want is consistency.

No what you want is to be catered to, lets be clear about that.

• Confused 1

To be perfectly fair , the rapid fire (which doesn't pierce unless traited) and volley skills take over 2 seconds with very obvious sound effects while True Shot has 3/4 second cast. Unload on the other hand is single target unless traited (the trait reduces damage by 5%), has 1.5 second activation with a loud sound effect, and 8 hits means a lot of retal damage (similar to rapid fire) , but that also dodged a significant nerf (0.27x8 = 2.16 total).

Longbow 5 has an immobilize if someone stands in it for several seconds, and is still there without stability when it ends, so longbow 5 has no damage now(cause CC)while ranger longbow 5 does cripple and enough damage to down someone who hangs around to eat it.Longbow 4 is a slow projectile 180 radius symbol(tiny), and serves no purpose but to increase damage if you have time/positioning to use it, and good luck getting anyone to stand in it.Longbow 3 done more damage than true shot before patch, and unlike ranger who has .50 cast auto aim fast projectile CC it is a manually aimed slow projectile CC with .75 cast timeLongbow 2 true shot hits for 2k damage, but can be up to 8k vs rapid fires 10k if you proc symbols+other traited damage modifiers.Longbow 1 is a chain attack, was very handy in dispersing cannon operators pre patch as it can traverse corners, but now hits for 120-240 damage to players making the weapon useless as the weapon is incapable of pressuring anyone.Tell me again how true shot is OP?

@Clownmug.8357 said:In the big patch (2/25/20) where most power damage got reduced by about 30%, for some reason this skill only got reduced by 5%. Is it correct for this skill to now be practically like having a Level 3 Kill Shot with half cast time as a plain weapon skill? For comparison see list below of power coefficient changes to infamous long range heavy hitting skills.

True Shot
Before: 2.0After: 1.91

Kill Shot
(Lvl.1 / Lvl. 2 / Lvl. 3)Before: 2.25 / 2.75 / 3.25After: 1.4 / 1.7 / 2.0

Gun Flame
Before: 2.2After: 1.54

Death's Judgement
Before: 1.65After: 1.11

Rapid Fire
Before: (10x) 3.75After: (10x) 2.75

Did you factor in the increase in CD from 6 sec to 8 (which is a 33% increase). No? I see. Did you factor in that it is a 0.75 sec self root on an already immobile build? I assume also no.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:What game is this guy playing that a lb dh is a threat to him?

That is exactly what I am thinking. Without DS being remotely functional, LB as whole is a garbage tier weapon and should never ever be used in any game mode (beside derping in open world PvE).

@Derm.4932 said:

What I want is consistency.Like I said, they
explicitly stated they were aiming for a 2.0 coefficient.
You seem to think they were doing blanket 30% nerfs. Those other skills got big nerfs because they were far out of line from their new 2.0 baseline. TS was not. They are clearly intent on establishing a new baseline for heavy hitting skills around the 2.0 range. TS has a 1.91 coefficient. That is consistent with their intent.

Yeah, for big damage skills only. They used Eviscerate as an example of one, which like Kill Shot is a Burst skill that scales with adrenaline and not just some random weapon skill.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

Based on this skill's damage it's pretty clear that some players are already being catered to.

@otto.5684 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:In the big patch (2/25/20) where most power damage got reduced by about 30%, for some reason this skill only got reduced by 5%. Is it correct for this skill to now be practically like having a Level 3 Kill Shot with half cast time as a plain weapon skill? For comparison see list below of power coefficient changes to infamous long range heavy hitting skills.

True Shot
Before: 2.0After: 1.91

Kill Shot
(Lvl.1 / Lvl. 2 / Lvl. 3)Before: 2.25 / 2.75 / 3.25After: 1.4 / 1.7 / 2.0

Gun Flame
Before: 2.2After: 1.54

Death's Judgement
Before: 1.65After: 1.11

Rapid Fire
Before: (10x) 3.75After: (10x) 2.75

Did you factor in the increase in CD from 6 sec to 8 (which is a 33% increase). No? I see. Did you factor in that it is a 0.75 sec self root on an already immobile build? I assume also no.

So same cooldown as Kill Shot, which also self roots, has double the cast time, and requires full adrenaline for similar damage.

@Gwaihir.1745 said:What game is this guy playing that a lb dh is a threat to him?

That is exactly what I am thinking. Without DS being remotely functional, LB as whole is a garbage tier weapon and should never ever be used in any game mode (beside kitten in open world PvE).

DH longbow looks a lot better off than rev's hammer which had its #2 skill's cooldown increase 150%.

@Clownmug.8357 said:So same cooldown as Kill Shot, which also self roots, has double the cast time, and requires full adrenaline for similar damage.

True shot is a big dps skill, it's not a random weapon skill pick.Is kill shot less rewarding now? Yes, but riffle also has 2 volley charges doing a lot of damage.I think they should lower kill shot casting time considering it has lost its previous killing power, sort of.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

You seem to think they were doing blanket 30% nerfs. Those other skills got big nerfs because they were far out of line from their new 2.0 baseline. TS was not. They are clearly intent on establishing a new baseline for heavy hitting skills around the 2.0 range. TS has a 1.91 coefficient. That is consistent with their intent.

Yeah, for big damage skills only. They used Eviscerate as an example of one, which like Kill Shot is a Burst skill that scales with adrenaline and not just some random weapon skill.

Based on this skill's damage it's pretty clear that some players are already being catered to.

I will not get to a comparison of which is worse, guardian LB or warrior rifle (both are terrible). Saying that LB TS damage was only nerfed by 5% without mentioning the 33% increased CD is extremely misleading.

@otto.5684 said:

I will not get to a comparison of which is worse, guardian LB or warrior rifle (both are terrible). Saying that LB TS damage was only nerfed by 5% without mentioning the 33% increased CD is extremely misleading.

It doesn't look like there's any rhyme or reason to their cooldown changes, so not worth mentioning. If there is I want to know what prompted a 66% increase for Renegade's shortbow #2 skill.

@Clownmug.8357 said:Yeah, for big damage skills only. They used Eviscerate as an example of one, which like Kill Shot is a Burst skill that scales with adrenaline and not just some random weapon skill.

Because skills that require adrenaline are the only big damage skills right? Did you even bother reading the quote? How can you be this obtuse. They literally spelled out what skills meet this criteria.

skills that exist to deal large amounts of damage and not do much else

That is literally true shot lmao. It deals a lot of damage and not much else. Can't get much clearer than this.

It doesn't look like there's any rhyme or reason to their cooldown changes, so not worth mentioning.In other words you want to blindly ignore other aspects of the skill that were nerfed because they don't fit your narrative of TS not being hit hard enough.

By your logic, why don't we nerf Rev Hammer CoR by 30%? I mean, it received ZERO nerfs to it's coefficient during the last big patch. Who cares that they more than doubled it's cooldown, that's completely irrelevant.

@Derm.4932 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:Yeah, for big damage skills only. They used Eviscerate as an example of one, which like Kill Shot is a Burst skill that scales with adrenaline and not just some random weapon skill.

Because skills that require adrenaline are the only big damage skills right? Did you even bother reading the quote? How can you be this obtuse. They literally spelled out what skills meet this criteria.

skills that exist to deal large amounts of damage and not do much else

That is literally true shot lmao. It deals a lot of damage and not much else. Can't get much clearer than this.

I guess other weapon skills that meet the same criteria should've also been made to rival a level 3 Kill Shot then.

It doesn't look like there's any rhyme or reason to their cooldown changes, so not worth mentioning.In other words you want to blindly ignore other aspects of the skill that were nerfed because they don't fit your narrative of TS not being hit hard enough.

By your logic, why don't we nerf Rev Hammer CoR by 30%? I mean, it received ZERO nerfs to it's coefficient during the last big patch. Who cares that they more than doubled it's cooldown, that's completely irrelevant.

Nope, CoR is a big damage skill that does nothing else, so it should be hitting as hard as True Shot now if we're following your logic.

@Clownmug.8357 said:I guess other weapon skills that meet the same criteria should've also been made to rival a level 3 Kill Shot then.If by rivaling a level 3 killshot you mean 2.0 coefficient then yes, that's literally the point. No more single skills that can one shot you with their ridiculous 3.0+ coeff. Now every big damage skill is standardized to do around the same moderate damage. Seems like great balance to me.

Nope, CoR is a big damage skill that does nothing else, so it should be hitting as hard as True Shot now if we're following your logic.Yeah, I'm fine with that. It has a big cooldown now, so a buff to 2.0 seems appropriate. Are you ok with 30% nerf to CoR though? I mean, thats what you are proposing right? That we should be consistent and nerf ALL these skills by 30% right? How come you didn't make a thread asking to nerf CoR by 30%?

@Derm.4932 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:I guess other weapon skills that meet the same criteria should've also been made to rival a level 3 Kill Shot then.If by rivaling a level 3 killshot you mean 2.0 coefficient then yes, that's literally the point. No more single skills that can one shot you with their ridiculous 3.0+ coeff. Now every big damage skill is standardized to do around the same moderate damage. Seems like great balance to me.

Same moderate damage, some skills are just more moderate than others.

Nope, CoR is a big damage skill that does nothing else, so it should be hitting as hard as True Shot now if we're following your logic.Yeah, I'm fine with that. It has a big cooldown now, so a buff to 2.0 seems appropriate. Are you ok with 30% nerf to CoR though? I mean, thats what you are proposing right? That we should be consistent and nerf ALL these skills by 30% right? How come you didn't make a thread asking to nerf CoR by 30%?

Ok, then I'd apply the nearly universal 30% nerf to that 2.0 to bring it to 1.4. I don't think it would've been worth making a thread about a 7% disparity. If something was off by like 27% that might be eye raising though.