Season 1 coming back maybe?

EcS.8530

@"Tyncale.1629" said:[...] the constant hinting and reminiscing about "Scarlet" and "the old Destinies Edge" is getting frustrating. :)

Only Scarlet and the "new" side characters (later forming Dragon's Watch) are Season 1. Everything about "the old Destiny's Edge" is in the core game, primarily the Dungeon Story modes.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Melech.4308" said:

Second, it has been made clear to us by Anet that LS1 is never going to come back. Even if hell froze over twice, in no way are the devs bringing back LS1.

Source:

The devs also said at one time that there would never be any mounts in the game.

IIRC ... the actually LS1 content was deleted or something. No, I don't mean removed from the game. I mean deleted. So you are right, it could come back, sort of like the way that there is a statistically small chance that hell freezes over too.

From my understanding, the content still exists in the dat file. All the "switches" (for lack of a better term) to activate any part of it are all just shut off permenantly, unless a dev or dev team wishes to revamp any of it ala the Festival of the Four Winds/Queen's Jubilee. If I remember correctly from the Guild Chat about Four Winds, it took them a few months to take those two events, go through the code to clean up still existing bugs, re-code various parts to perform better, modify parts to account for mounts and add in new stuff.

All of the models created for the LW1 events all still exist in the dat file as well, even all of old Lion's Arch is still in there.If we ever do get LW1 back as replayable, it will most likely be a very truncated version focusing mostly on the instanced parts, some of which already exist as fractals.Don't get me wrong, I would love to have LW1 back as a replayable season. I don't think Ele Makkay's "summary" does it any justice. If anything her summary should have been a series of quests that visited key locations from LW1 in Tyria. We should have gone to Cragstead to learn about Braham, the Nolan Nursery to learn about Rox, Southsun to learn about Canach, and so forth for the other DW members. She should have also sent us to the crashed Marionette, the destroyed Nightmare tower, the Crown Pavilion, and the wreckage of the Breachmaker to learn about the events that happened.

And once it is all done, you return to Ela Makkay, who says “This package arrived for you while you were gone. I don’t know who it is from.” The tag on the package reads “How exciting, isn’t it?!” and you receive the Gift from Scarlet, to give an aura of…maybe she’s not really gone. Just sayin…

@Abraxxus.8971 said:

@"Melech.4308" said:

Second, it has been made clear to us by Anet that LS1 is never going to come back. Even if hell froze over twice, in no way are the devs bringing back LS1.

Source:

The devs also said at one time that there would never be any mounts in the game.

IIRC ... the actually LS1 content was deleted or something. No, I don't mean removed from the game. I mean deleted. So you are right, it could come back, sort of like the way that there is a statistically small chance that hell freezes over too.

From my understanding, the content still exists in the dat file. All the "switches" (for lack of a better term) to activate any part of it are all just shut off permenantly, unless a dev or dev team wishes to revamp any of it ala the Festival of the Four Winds/Queen's Jubilee. If I remember correctly from the Guild Chat about Four Winds, it took them a few months to take those two events, go through the code to clean up still existing bugs, re-code various parts to perform better, modify parts to account for mounts and add in new stuff.

All of the models created for the LW1 events all still exist in the dat file as well, even all of old Lion's Arch is still in there.If we ever do get LW1 back as replayable, it will most likely be a very truncated version focusing mostly on the instanced parts, some of which already exist as fractals.Don't get me wrong, I would love to have LW1 back as a replayable season. I don't think Ele Makkay's "summary" does it any justice. If anything her summary should have been a series of quests that visited key locations from LW1 in Tyria. We should have gone to Cragstead to learn about Braham, the Nolan Nursery to learn about Rox, Southsun to learn about Canach, and so forth for the other DW members. She should have also sent us to the crashed Marionette, the destroyed Nightmare tower, the Crown Pavilion, and the wreckage of the Breachmaker to learn about the events that happened.

And once it is all done, you return to Ela Makkay, who says “This package arrived for you while you were gone. I don’t know who it is from.” The tag on the package reads “How exciting, isn’t it?!” and you receive the Gift from Scarlet, to give an aura of…maybe she’s not really gone. Just sayin…

Best idea for an LS1 recap I have read. That would have been perfect imo

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Melech.4308" said:

Source:

Best idea for an LS1 recap I have read. That would have been perfect imo

Agreed. This is a very good and I think quite workable idea. Shame it won't happen though.

It is never coming back ! And if it is as simple as throwing a Switch to get it back then ask yourself this Question - Why have they taken so long to throw the switch ?They might be able to work some magic into letting you get weapon skins or Useless stuff like that but " The Real Season One " IS lost forever to much has changed.There is only one way they can truly Bring it back and that is to Retro the game using the WayBackMachine and Do something similar to what WOW did with the Classic Server. And that is never going to happen.

@"Merrex.5384" said:It is never coming back ! And if it is as simple as throwing a Switch to get it back then ask yourself this Question - Why have they taken so long to throw the switch ?They might be able to work some magic into letting you get weapon skins or Useless stuff like that but " The Real Season One " IS lost forever to much has changed.There is only one way they can truly Bring it back and that is to Retro the game using the WayBackMachine and Do something similar to what WOW did with the Classic Server. And that is never going to happen.

Uh..have..have you seen the recent trailer release? or the announcements page? They -are- bringing portions of LS1 back, the story instances where you meet the characters in particular are finally being added.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Merrex.5384" said:It is never coming back ! And if it is as simple as throwing a Switch to get it back then ask yourself this Question - Why have they taken so long to throw the switch ?They might be able to work some magic into letting you get weapon skins or Useless stuff like that but " The Real Season One " IS lost forever to much has changed.There is only one way they can truly Bring it back and that is to Retro the game using the WayBackMachine and Do something similar to what WOW did with the Classic Server. And that is never going to happen.

Uh..have..have you seen the recent trailer release? or the announcements page? They -are- bringing portions of LS1 back, the story instances where you meet the characters in particular are finally being added.

I saw they are letting people get weapon skins and do small pieces of season 1 but come on so much has changed from when season 1 was first introduced, now there are new classes / mounts / new skills and skill effects / ect ... It will not be the exact same as when Season 1 was first introduced.