Upcoming Balance Notes

Butterfly Kingdom.8349

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Added note there still skills that apply hard cc that there dmg was not nerfed like thunderclap why has anet not fixed this? The game meta has become what anet happen to forget to nerfed at this point and errors is no means of balancing well.

If you are talking about the Scrapper hammer 5 thunderclap here, then I think it is totally intended that it deals damage. The initial impact, which also applies the stun, never dealt any damage to begin with and this didn't change. But the lingering field deals damage over time afterwards and I think this is how it is supposed to work.

Other skills still work in a similar way. The Holosmith elite skill Prime Light Beam launches the enemy. The damage on impact got reduced, but the lingering field when you use the skill above 50 heat still deals damage. Same for Pistol Whip (sw/p combined skill 3) from the Thief. Just the initial hit, which applies the stun, got the damage completely removed.

Basically, if a skill has more than 1 instance of damage, then just the instance of damage that applies the CC will get reduced to a 0.01 coefficient, but all the other hits of the skill still deal damage.

I think you maybe over thinking what anet can and cant do they are still very much humans and will make errors. If thunderclap was a dmg skill it would be a .1 sec daze you DO have old high end dmg on hard cc making the skill more made for dmg and not for cc who was nerfed as if it was a cc bull rush comes to mind or even headbutt.

Look at Bull Rush and Headbutt. Both just deal one instance of damage and it is the same instance they are applying the hard CC.

Every
skill that works like thunderclap (hard CC on first hit, then dealing damage with other hits afterwards) works the same way like thunderclap. I even named examples. Prime Light Beam, Pistol Whip. Impact Strike is another example, the first 2 strikes deal no damage (both have hard CC), but the third without CC still deals alot of damage and this damage actually got buffed.

I think it is unlikely that they simply "forgot" every single skill that works in that way. It is most likely intended that the lingering damage after the CC still applies. Just the strike that applies the hard CC gets the damage reduction, that is consistent through all the nerfs.

So why not have the hit that dose hard cc hit for less and have the other hits do more as they dont cc. It seems like a very silly thing to say some cc skills should do what comes to 0 dmg but other cc skill can out dmg pure dmg skills. When a Thunderclap can out dmg a metor shower there is something wrong with the games balancing.

@lare.5129 said:I should we should ask give some boost for necro, to prevent any toxication for players who try find issue on balance but not on them hands.

Just rework deathly chill into: going into shroud won't protect your health anymore. Deal 25% increased damage.

Would be a perfect trait. High damage boost with a trade-off.And people wouldn't be able to complain that necro is so tanky anymore (even though that's such a dumb justification. Believing that you just can take all the dmg with your shroud. LoL. Damage wise that's like cutting your arms off)

And necro being damage wise 5k behind every other class, while also not contributing anything else than dmg and cc (even that is locked behind a rotation) to the group, seems a bit harsh

Well the more proper way to do it would be to rework a lot of necro's kit.

PvE Soulbeast feels so sad now without that second pet. I don't feel like it was an unfair advantage, just more of a quality-of-life thing. It's a bummer to have to decide before entering combat which pet to leave behind. In Dry Top and Krait areas and such, getting out of combat can be quite an ordeal. I'm always hobbling around with 45 seconds of Cripple. As a Soulbeast I have to change my entire build to be able to re-mount within half a minute, because good ol' Brown Bear is stuck in the cage.

support response to balance complaint:"Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own."

if my grandmother would read the forums at my leisure there would be more sense. since it’s corny to read reviews by excluding offers and having no idea about the game, it becomes clear that those who do balancing do not have competence :/

• 1 month later...

Someone had asked me what i would do if i imagine being a dev and being charge of the balance and design team.

• Here goes.....my opinion

i imagine myself being a Dev for a year and turning the game around in less than 6 months-1 Year.

My first task would be to immediately put Thief and Mesmer Profession in the drawing board to redesign them. Secondly, i would put an end to Condi., Power and Bunker meta's and give power back to the players to create their own builds which best suits them. Thirdly, i would enforce to reinstating roles to each Professions to their individual core roots.

Example; no more everyone Professions having same access to conditions, runes, sigils and to each other mechanics and skills. Perplex. Rune-Confusion will only be accessible to Mesmer Profession, with a complete redesign of a healthy competitive Stealth Mechanic rework to be only accessible to Thief Profession, Conditions will be accessible only to Necromancer with limited accessibility to Thief, Revenant and Ranger Profession.

Healing Runes and its Sigils will accessible to Guardian Profession and limited to the remaining Professions. No more an Elementalist Profession behaving playing a role of a Healer and out perming Guardian Profession heals

Food, Ingredients will continue be accessible by all Professions

Only Professions who will have restricted access to pets are Ranger and Necromancer Profession...end of clones to Mesmer and Thief Professions.

Power roles will be reinstated and restricted to Warrior, Rangers, Thief and Engineer Profession.

I would immediately put an end to Bunker Specs, no more unkillable specs. Than, i would put an end to Pulling and Reflecting skills, Enough of this clown theatrical gimmick!!

The point is to fight, not to deflect attacks and win with no effort and to pull for instant wins, to be unkillable, invulnerable!!

Than i would limit range distance to each appropriate Profession roles including weapons, accessories etc...

1200-1500 range including Pets will be restricted only to Ranger, Elementalist and Necromancer Profession.

300-600 range will be restricted only to Thief, Warrior, Revenant and Engineer Profession

600-800 range will only be restricted to Guardian Profession including Warrior and Guardian bow.

and so forth.......

The point to this is to return roles to their respected Professions including but not limited to their runes, sigils, etc...

-End To Every Professions Playing Each Other Roles And Outperforming Their Roles-

-It Is Time To Put Profession Roles Back In Order!!-

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Someone had asked me what i would do if i imagine being a dev and being charge of the balance and design team.

i imagine myself being a Dev for a year and turning the game around in less than 6 months-1 Year.

My first task would be to immediately put Thief and Mesmer Profession in the drawing board to redesign them. Secondly, i would put an end to Condi., Power and Bunker meta's and give power back to the players to create their own builds which best suits them. Thirdly, i would enforce to reinstating roles to each Professions to their individual core roots.

Example; no more everyone Professions having same access to conditions, runes, sigils and to each other mechanics and skills. Perplex. Rune-Confusion will only be accessible to Mesmer Profession, with a complete redesign of a healthy competitive Stealth Mechanic rework to be only accessible to Thief Profession, Conditions will be accessible only to Necromancer with limited accessibility to Thief, Revenant and Ranger Profession.

Healing Runes and its Sigils will accessible to Guardian Profession and limited to the remaining Professions. No more an Elementalist Profession behaving playing a role of a Healer and out perming Guardian Profession heals

Only Professions who will have restricted access to pets are Ranger and Necromancer Profession...end of clones to Mesmer and Thief Professions.

Power roles will be reinstated and restricted to Warrior, Rangers, Thief and Engineer Profession.

I would immediately put an end to Bunker Specs, no more unkillable specs. Than, i would put an end to Pulling and Reflecting skills, Enough of this clown theatrical gimmick!!

The point is to fight, not to deflect attacks and win with no effort and to pull for instant wins, to be unkillable, invulnerable!!

Than i would limit range distance to each appropriate Profession roles including weapons, accessories etc...

1200-1500 range including Pets will be restricted only to Ranger, Elementalist and Necromancer Profession.

300-600 range will be restricted only to Thief, Warrior, Revenant and Engineer Profession

600-800 range will only be restricted to Guardian Profession including Warrior and Guardian bow.

and so forth.......

The point to this is to return roles to their respected Professions including but not limited to their runes, sigils, etc...

-End To Every Professions Playing Each Other Roles And Outperforming Their Roles-

I also would like to include this interesting thread by EremiteAngel as an another addition and reasoning

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/80258/should-each-profession-have-a-more-unique-role-identity

@Burnfall.9573 said:Someone had asked me what i would do if i imagine being a dev and being charge of the balance and design team.

and so forth.......

-It Is Time To Put Profession Roles Back In Order!!-I think your plan is much better than the development team

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Someone had asked me what i would do if i imagine being a dev and being charge of the balance and design team.

...who? And why didn't you answer to that same person, but instead started typing it in this thread?Not overly important, just basic curiosity regarding your truthfulness.

My first task would be to immediately put Thief and Mesmer Profession in the drawing board to redesign them.

That tells us nothing. And seeing how you're so adamant about turning the whole game around in 6-12 months, you must have some ideas already, right? Please share.

Secondly, i would put an end to Condi., Power and Bunker meta's and give power back to the players to create their own builds which best suits them.

How? How would you "put and end to x meta"? That's an equivalent of saying "if I was the president, I'd end the hunger, poverty and reinstate the world peace". No, you wouldn't -at least not if all you have are general expectation of the outcome without actual clear ways to fulfill them.Also you claim you'd "give power back to the players to create their own builds which best suits them", but below, in the very same post you want to restrict mechanics, ranges and even damage types each class would be able to use/deal. You're already contradicting yourself in this rather short and vague(!) post, while at the same time claiming you'd solve the meta. oof.

Thirdly, i would enforce to reinstating roles to each Professions to their individual core roots.

Not only that would go against anets idea of gw2 where the professions aren't restricted like they are in many other games, but it would also go against what you've said in your previous sentence ("give power back to the players to create their own builds which best suits them"). 2 sentences next to each other and you already broke your promises to the players. Is this the type of "dev" you imagine yourself to be? :DI sure don't like that idea already.

Again, that's against your "give power back to the players to create their own builds which best suits them" claim. Also maybe you think that restricting power/condi to certain classes would magically solve the power/condi/x meta, but it wouldn't -all it would do is further limit the classes that could participate in said meta.

I would immediately put an end to Bunker Specs, no more unkillable specs.

Cool. How exactly?

Than, i would put an end to Pulling and Reflecting skills, Enough of this clown theatrical gimmick!!

Ah, limiting 1200 range weapons to profession you like playing and then killing potential counterplay options while calling them "clown theatrical gimmick" for no apparent reason. I think I get the idea of your balancing choices now :grimace:

Reflecting, pulling, dodging and generally using other combat effects is part of "fighting", not sure why you'd think otherwise, but feel free to explain.

...then watch a boxing match, complain to the referee about the professional fighters dodging and blocking even with their limited attacking possibilities (compared to the game) and then come back to walk me through your pseudo-point again. No, really, I'd like to understand why you'd think you're not fighting unless you're hitting someone with a stick, while also being hit by one.

and so forth.......

Again, that's not what anet had in mind while creating gw2 (based on what they shared with everyone, it's not like I'm sitting in their heads) and -againagain- that's already against what you've promised in this very post.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

...who? And why didn't you answer to that same person, but instead started typing it in this thread?Not overly important, just basic curiosity regarding your truthfulness.

My first task would be to immediately put Thief and Mesmer Profession in the drawing board to redesign them.

That tells us nothing. And seeing how you're so adamant about turning the whole game around in 6-12 months, you must have some ideas already, right? Please share.

Secondly, i would put an end to Condi., Power and Bunker meta's and give power back to the players to create their own builds which best suits them.

How? How would you "put and end to x meta"? That's an equivalent of saying "if I was the president, I'd end the hunger, poverty and reinstate the world peace". No, you wouldn't -at least not if all you have are general expectation of the outcome without actual clear ways to fulfill them.Also you claim you'd "give power back to the players to create their own builds which best suits them", but below, in the very same post you want to restrict mechanics, ranges and even damage types each class would be able to use/deal. You're already contradicting yourself in this rather short and vague(!) post, while at the same time claiming you'd solve the meta. oof.

Thirdly, i would enforce to reinstating roles to each Professions to their individual core roots.

Not only that would go against anets idea of gw2 where the professions aren't restricted like they are in many other games, but it would also go against what you've said in
your previous sentence
("give power back to the players to create their own builds which best suits them"). 2 sentences next to each other and you already broke your promises to the players. Is this the type of "dev" you imagine yourself to be? :DI sure don't like that idea already.

Again, that's against your "give power back to the players to create their own builds which best suits them" claim. Also maybe you think that restricting power/condi to certain classes would magically solve the power/condi/x meta, but it wouldn't -all it would do is further limit the classes that could participate in said meta.

Cool. How
exactly
?

Than, i would put an end to Pulling and Reflecting skills, Enough of this clown theatrical gimmick!!

Ah, limiting 1200 range weapons to profession you like playing and then killing potential counterplay options while calling them "clown theatrical gimmick" for no apparent reason. I think I get the idea of your balancing choices now :grimace:

Reflecting, pulling, dodging and generally using other combat effects is part of "fighting", not sure why you'd think otherwise, but feel free to explain.

...then watch a boxing match, complain to the referee about the professional fighters dodging and blocking even with their limited attacking possibilities (compared to the game) and
then
come back to walk me through your pseudo-point again. No, really, I'd like to understand why you'd think you're not fighting unless you're hitting someone with a stick, while also being hit by one.

and so forth.......

Again, that's not what anet had in mind while creating gw2 (based on what they shared with everyone, it's not like I'm sitting in their heads) and -againagain- that's already against what you've promised in this very post.

/wave

I was expecting you as always to come and find me and you did.

how are you and how is the game is treating you?

(by the way, you missed this part)

'Here goes.....my opinion'

/wave good bye

-i'll see you at my usual posts-

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:Someone had asked me what i would do if i imagine being a dev and being charge of the balance and design team.

Not only that would go against anets idea of gw2 where the professions aren't restricted like they are in many other games, but it would also go against what you've said in
your previous sentence
("give power back to the players to create their own builds which best suits them"). 2 sentences next to each other and you already broke your promises to the players. Is this the type of "dev" you imagine yourself to be? :DI sure don't like that idea already.

Cool. How
exactly
?

...then watch a boxing match, complain to the referee about the professional fighters dodging and blocking even with their limited attacking possibilities (compared to the game) and
then
come back to walk me through your pseudo-point again. No, really, I'd like to understand why you'd think you're not fighting unless you're hitting someone with a stick, while also being hit by one.

and so forth.......

/wave

I was expecting you as always to come and find me and you did.

?When was even the last time I responded to anything you said? Get back on earth, buddy.

how are you and how is the game is treating you?

(by the way, you missed this part)

'Here goes.....my opinion'

Are you suggesting an opinion can't be wrong? That's... wrong.

Also I've just asked you to elaborate, by that answer we can only conclude you have nothing more to say than what you wrote above. Which is... nothing. Empty promises and highlighted "great goals" without a valid road to actually achieve them. Good job "turning the game around in 6-12 month", mr. "dev for a year". o/

@Burnfall.9573 said:-i'll see you at my usual posts-

Again, when was the last time I answered to anything you wrote? Stop lying. :)btw next time you answer to my post, make sure you actually answer to my post instead of taking cheap made up personal jabs at me. Thanks.

• Confused 1