[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Summon runes like Ogre (rock dog) and Golemancer (golem) should be able to TURN OFF SUMMONING! There are instances where the summons is a detriment (trying to lure a mob or golem spin will break apart a clustered mob, pissing off the group) and the only thing to do is remove a set piece or not use the runes. Easy fix, do it.

Some ideas.

1. Add option to simulate food buff/utility buff/attribute infusion in Special Force training area

Since most of these buff are essential for dps testing, adding these will be more convenient for new player to learn/practice their raid rotation, since most of these things cost quite a lot of gold. (For example, Power/Ferocity food cost 50+s/30 mins, which only allow players to do 6-7 parse)

1. Remove the limitation of transmutation that only allows players transmute armor style into the respective armor class

As fashion war is the one and the best endgame content, removing this would help player to have better chance to create their unique looking outfit. It also fix the problem that most of the medium armor are long coat!People complaining about there is no long coat in their light armor class? Let them transmute it to a medium armor look!

1. Standardize the texture of each armor material

For now, there are so many texture for one material, which end up like this:84269763_10217888278291376_2966317715578(apologize for the terrible editing)

Each texture has a unique effect on one dye, reflect differently under light effect, making pairing them feels impossible as it'll end up in different color with an awkward looking. Standardize the texture definitely helps a lot.

For players who like more different texture in their armors, let the dye stamp do their job, add dyes that will change the texture of the armor, which will let player to have more possibility to create their unique outfit, and more possibility for your gem store income too!

1. Ability to adjust the size for the preview window

Charrs are large. Charrs can't fit the current preview window. Charrs need a larger preview window. Let Charrs adjust it.

Hope you'll consider adding these to the future plans of the game, thanks for reading.

I'm unsure if the topic, or the threads have been brought up here already, but here it goes. Linked are two threads proposing and outlining the idea of a library for the player to store all the lore books that have been aquired over the years. While they often serve no use after aquisition, many want to hold on to them but with the increasing amounts it's getting to be a mess. However, linked posts outlined it a lot better than I ever could.

Please consider the addition of a feature such as this.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/95722/suggestion-personnal-library-in-the-priorys-special-collectionshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1119378

Greetings fellow players.

Just shamelessly came back to the game after quite some time and a friend told me to wait for today's patch note before getting gear for my red since bla bla bla patch note.

So... today after waking up I logged in to update the game and read the patch note but I was just dumbfounded and the sheer amount of words made my brain hurt a little. Keep in mind I actually write stories and read a lot in my spare time so I'm used to seeing walls of words.Thing is, 90% of it was not interesting to me as a player, cool to know and all but it just didn't concern me much. As it is, I believe like any other games, only a little percentage actually go thought the effort of reading the notes and the others either don't care or rely on other people to explain in youtube videos and such.

Therefore, my idea is just changing how the patch notes are written.Here is how I would see it:

* General

super cool stuff and updates about the changes brought to differents windows ingame, the gem store and all of that

* PvE

Short text saying we have new updates about .... fractal changes?

! Fractal is cool

Another short text saying one of the raids has been tweaked!

! details about what now changes!

* PvP

Reward track has been changed!

!wow, such coolness

* WvW

Insert here the various general changes about WvW like the warclaw changes that affect all classes and players before going in the details of each class

!Actual warclaw changes

Warrior

! cool stuff is written here but not everyone plays warrior so to save some scrolling ... spoiler :tired_face:

Ranger

!more cool stuff about ranger, a glass I don't actually play so I'm not as interested in reading it

Pretty sure your you can make it look better and possibly at stuff in that does not say spoiler or even maybe link words to have some mini index at the top to click on that leads you directly to say general PvP changes but as it is, it takes some mental effort to go through the patch notes!

Hopefully, something like this would be much more readable considering the amount of work you guys put in every patch and all the changes. Instead of scrolling down a massive page to be able to select what you actually want to read would be appreciated.
Also, less is sometimes more! In all honesty, I don't remember what I read just before because I'm bombarded with so much information. #

Anyways, have a good day and have fun!

Please!!! Remove hotkey conflicts between Gear and Trait templates!First of all, when you have all Trait and Gear templates you need 12(!!!!) hotkeys.Second, there are plenty of situations that require changing both Gear and Trait template at same time. Instead of doing that in 2 button pushes, you could allow us to do it in one button push ( plus to that it will spare us some buttons on keyboard ).

It will be even better if template hotkeys will be unique for each character.

I have a small request. Not very important, but it could be very useful for me (and I suppose for other players aswell). I've been thinking about this for a while, but it's only a very small qol suggestion.

When I open a season portal tome, to go to a map of the living story, the window with maps opens always behind my inventory. Then I have to move or close my inventory before I can click on a map.

It would be nice if the window with maps opens in the front, so i don't have to close my inventory first, but that I can immediately click on the right map.

There is a great start to the "immersive camera" system. I would honestly love to see more done with that. Maybe allowing the rebinding of mouse keys so players can set up an "Action" system and allow the choice between playstyles. It wouldn't necessarily give anyone an advantage, but it would definitely sweeten the pot to new players, knowing they can play however they feel most comfortable

QoL for me at least, would be vastly improved if you created farmable methods for obtaining ultra-rare drop cosmetic items, gated behind difficult to farm items. as an example:Chak Egg Sac, but account bound.Purchasable from the Merchant after Gerent for the cost of 1000 Chak Eggs.currently the only way to get these eggs is to do the Gerent and a few other events, with the only way to really farm them being Caches throughout TD, which of course need Keys(Chak Acid)Merchant could also sell them in various Colors, so people could have Blue or Green lightning trails. maybe even make some sort of crazy variant unlockable by trading in all 7 colors that makes a Rainbow trail come off of you.with the need for the Eggs going up, and their account bound nature, there would be no money trading hands, so it would be entirely up to the player to obtain. would also make the map more active on a more regular basis as the need for Keys would skyrocket, causing more players to complete events more.

another example could be for the Vial of Aurillium costing Auric Ingots, though those are crafted and would inevitably skyrocket the cost of Auric Slivers. but its jsust an example.

So you want to design a better new player experience? Start with an Evade/CC tutorial.

1) Remove the level requirement for basic weapon skills. Greatsword 1-5? All immediately usable at level 1. Doing otherwise insults the player's intelligence.2) Hand out all available weapons (grey or white quality, unsellable, unsalvagable) to new players in the opening mission. Just put in weapon racks or something.3) Give the bosses of the opening mission an easily-breakable breakbar. Put up a big splash screen telling players how to break it.4) Give players infinite endurance in the opening mission.

Evades, CCs and breakbars are your #1 barrier to players performing well in PVE. Most just don't know they exist (or don't know what they are). Some just don't know how they work. Change that.

I've done a poll back in February about Mercenary helpers/Sidekicks based on our own characters, for our private instances, including story modes, dungeons, etc...

People who answered yes are equal to no, and then a small percentage said that they were impartial; meaning if the feature was there, they might aswell use it.

The idea is to place a mercenary slot in character select screen, and once we'd select our playable character, the merc slot would first be blank, and would have 2 buttons. A add, and remove.Once you click on the merc slot, the add option would be available.Then asking you in small text to click on one of our characters to be added.Our playable character would turn grayed out, so we could not use the same playable character as merc.Once we click on it, the character avatar would display on merc slot, and by clicking add button, it would permanently assign that specific character as merc, only to that playable character.

You would have to select a merc to each of your characters individually.

Once that was done, a new merc tab in hero pannel would be available, in which you could select the mercs primary weapon and its behaviour... select from passive, guardind, agressive, etc...

Obviously mercs, being our own characters, they will load as is, however we could not make changes to weapons and gear while in merc pannel.We could only change things like, which weapon we want it to use most, if they're able to swap weapons, etc...

I would love to use my own characters as a team.Thanks ANet

I kinda agree with above, would like to see an use for my other characters as mercs or even as a training doll. Even summoning one of my characters to fight it as novelty.

I would enjoy it so much to be able to run dungeons with 4 copy of some of my characters instead of players, so much fun possible.

Here goes one idea that Anet should like:

Add an option in the gem store for recurrent purchases of gems, this is for old lazy guys and gals like me, i don't really need that many gems, but i love the game and want to help, i can pay 10 USD per month and pile on gems to spend on something i like when i see it.

Thanks

After Build Templates were released I think It´d be awesome to have Mystic Forge QoL Improvements.Maybe the economy would be endangered if more people used it but I think we could improve it with recipes that combine the Items available (aka. in your Inventory) and show an optional Result that u can choose - U click on the Result and the ingredients will be set in the right spots automatically.Maybe even a Drop Down menu might be worth a thought considering Attunements and easy Infusing.

Some extra Slots that are empty next to the abilites where you can place stuff from your Inventory like Portals, Extra CC, etc (would be nice for CMs and Open world) 2 or 3 Slots could be enough alrdy.

Thank you if you´re reading this :)

New Hairstyles with Content Releases:I know it has already been mentioned last year that this wasn't a priority for ANet, but I really really think you guys should reconsider. With each expansion in Guild Wars, we traveled to new places and unlocked new aesthetic for our characters. It felt purposeful and like it fit the theme of the world we were exploring.

With the current GW2 store model, I think people that support the game would honestly be more than happy to buy a hair style kit to use the new styles. They would especially purchase a makeover kit if there were new face/skin options. It doesn't even have to be a lot to be honest, just something to add more variety. Maybe one or two new styles for each race. That doesn't seem like a lot, but it does add up and I feel like it makes a difference when you're trying to include all of the races and male/female combos.

With the new announcement and the hint at Cantha, I think this would be a fantastic opportunity to test out and implement this approach. Not only would people be excited for the content, but they would have something to look forward to in terms of character customization other than costumes or outfits. They'd know that they would get at least one new hairstyle or face for their race, and if it's done well enough it would certainly generate even more revenue for the game through micro transactions.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Over time, we've seen a lot of good QoL suggestions on the forums. It seems to be it'd be good to have a regular sticky post -- yes, yes, I know, we already have too many stickies! ;) -- so that these can be better seen, added to, commented upon, and so forth.

So here's the official QoL suggestion thread. I will try to merge in previous threads on the topic of Quality of Life, but if you see any I missed, could you please PM me to let me know?

Thanks!

Well I know many, many, many people have been asking over the last 8 years to have the 'Do not show skill tips on skill bars' back again!We had it in GW1 so why not GW2? Think of us that don't have nimble fingers/hands due to medical reasons (ie, missing fingers), please.With the new Expansion coming up this is the perfect time to put it back in the game.