What are the hybrid weapons available?

EremiteAngel.9765

Thief would have been a great contender with the almost inate poison application, Death Blossom and dagger damage. The only other grieving build I've made was an Axe/Torch berserker. It's funny how the axe beats the sword in that area just with its damage and detonating fire shields.

Believe it or not, Warrior Sword and Longbow are both hybrid weapons.

Savage Leap does decent power damage, and Final Thrust hits hard when the foe is below 50% in addition to a large number of bleed stacks. Impale/Rip if you allow impale to tick down to the last second and then use Rip you get a fair mixture of power and condi, with Rip doing good power damage (its a scaling of 2.0 and was not touched with the recent nerfs, so what Anet considers 'Max scaling" now). Riposte deals solid power damage and several stacks of bleed. OH Sword did not get nerfed like everything else this past patch so while it was regarded as a bad weapon before, it may be useful now. MH Sword AA chain does tickle power damage now though.

On the Longbow, there is lots of burn, immobilize, a blind on an ammo system, and some bleed to help cover the burn stacks. Arcing Arrow is straight power damage. Longbow is a very versatile weapon that is useful with either a condi build or a power build.

Something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAwyNlJwuYJMRWJWeTVreA-zVJYsRH/pkjQIOJQgKgIFBm8gEC7hXjC+tA-w

Dagger (thief) — traited, dagger AA can poison and bleed for more. 3rd D/D skill is purely for condi.Dagger (ele) — I think it's made as a weird hybrid weapon because AA on fire doesn't inflict burn (only on crit; traited).Scepter (ele) — for power damage is kinde meh, but still works somehow.Shortbow (renegade) — shortbow is really nice ranged weapon if you play power renegade. Purely for condi isn't super strong, but renegade has very poor choice of weapons, so shortbow is better than nothing and shortbow is still better at power than hammer (faster, more damage, has soft and hard CC).Axe (mirage) — does some power damage, especially ambush and Axes of Symetry.Axe (firebrand) — axe's symbol is strong at power damage. I tried Firebrand on grieving eq and it's awesome.

There are many mentioned already but I like Mirage Sceptre Pistol Axe Torch the best.

Sceptre Ambush is actually pretty fun when built hybrid, and Confusing Images is known to do alot of damage even on a power build.

Pair this well with a Torch and with an Axe Pistol on the 2nd set and yu will have a pretty neat hybrid build.

Axe Torch Sceptre Pistol offers a very strong aggressive pressure playstyle which opens with Pistol's power damage and Bleeds as well as Stun, followed by a quick Confusing Images to apply further pressure.

Axe 3 is a powerful anti pressure tool because it breaks targetting.

Combine this with Illusionary Ambush to dance around yur target and hit them hard and fast with Ambush attacks.

Torch is great for stealthing and for the powerful Daze + Burn, and the initial blast also hits decently hard.

Axe on Firebrand (burning + virtue of justice; axe 2 has bleeding, axe 3 has burning) -- top contender for grievingSword on warrior (bleeding)Longbow on warrior when traited with crackshot (burning)Pistol on thief (bleeding)Shortbow on renegade (bleed+burn)

With traits:Sword on weaver (mainly if traited but even if not it still has burning+bleeding on Fire+Earth attunements) , bonus if running Burning PrecisionDagger on thief (poison on auto #3, bleeding on dual when double dagger) , bonus if running Uncatchable + Pressure Striking + Bewildering Ambush

Necro staff is sort of a hybrid weapon that does poor power damage overall.

Burn guard and power guard use the same general stuff, since burning isn't really tied to the weapon skills. Thief can also do power or condi pistols/daggers/rifle/shortbow and I think even sword/dagger can be used for conditions I think.

I don't know if necro has any setups like that. Deathly Chill reaper maybe?

@rng.1024 said:Currently ranger axes are your best bet, but every core profession have atleast 1 weapon with hybrid output.

Engineer doesn't.

Hammer, sword, rifle are all power weapons.Pistols are condi weapons.Shield is pure utility.

Maybe the 3rd elite spec (which most likely will focus on condition damage) gives engineer a hybrid weapon, but the engineer doesn't have one currently.