Condition Rev for open world

TokyoGhost.6492

Pure Condition Damage with no risk of being CC, you can use Staff but preferably make sure that you are using EtD as you do, nothing beats the Staff 5 break bar effectiveness but with no precision it's a big loss of damage, Sigil of Vision is a great asset to that while Charged Mists can potentially increase the overall sustain and throughput of damage.

If you want more damage you can go Hybrid Mallyx/Shiro + Grieving or Viper's based on preference also Expertise might top the latter regardless.

Devastation 2 3 2, Corruption 1 1 1, Invocation 2 3 1

You can mix Mace, Axe, Sword and Sword the way you want as it barely matters, considering the former off hand weapon defines utility for the main hand which you can bring in between legends, but obviously it's easier to manage if classifying weapons in what they exceed. Quickness Impossible Odds for Shiro and tons of condis including Slow for Mallyx, Charged Mists won't be as useful since you want to cycle everything as much as possible, unlike the meta Renegade which it's more legend focused and can camp weapons.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeZlhQHsIyhJRNMI6hBSfMBKgDzyW6C-zRRYcRHmMsSJyQoyCI3EI8Iw7B-e

I would suggest this build, with always having the Upkeeps active.The stats are your choice, 2 are given in this build (blue is expensive&Harder to craft, yellow is cheaper and can be bought in the tradingpost)If going for the best: Take stats with expertise to hit + ~100% condition duration on tormentAbout the traits: the editor site is a bit outdated, so just take the traits that are in the same order.its an extremely tanky build, with pretty high damage. The enemies would have an hard time to kill you :bleep_bloop:Could be used in Open world, WvW, Dungeons, Fractals (not raids unless you want to tank the bosses)

i got off the topic i think. to your question: Mace+Axe/Staff is an very good loadout for Core revs.

I would go Renegade if you want to run condition in openworld if you have it available.

Kalla's fervor (easily maintain 5 stacks, basically a joke of a mechanic), and vindication will let you easily maintain 25 stacks of might, or if u manage energy well, run lasting legacy while spamming f2 for permanent 25 might with 0 BD.

I want to push you OP to try and run viper's gears instead of relying on gear like trailblazer or dire. Viper's gear (++power, precision, ++condition dmg, condition duration) is the optimal stat-set for condition damage builds in PvE. Admittedly, the condition duration wont help you too too much in open world but by not relying on toughness/vitality gear it will force you to get better as a player.

If you really need to, or you just want a really easy time without having to think about much, you can run either full trailblazer (toughness/vitality/condition damage/condi duration), or full dire stats (toughness/vitality/condition damage) with superior rune of tormenting (make sure you have all 6 runes on ur armour, the final bonus of having them all heals you every time you apply torment).

Again, if you have access to the renegade elite spec I would reccomend something like this (note the build editor is not yet updated to current balance but i use the position the in-game trait would be in):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQHsIyhJRNMI6hBSfMBKgjuk5TF-zRJYmRNfhEXFEZCUZII8so70G-e

You can use Shortbow to stay at range and kite when you need to while still applying conditions to deal damage. Legend choice is up to you but Mallyx/kalla will give you the highest damage output. In kalla, you can upkeep the elite skill to give you massive lifesteal sustain if you need it. If not running kalla, Id reccomend either shiro or jalis. If you run either shiro or jalis (with mallyx, always run mallyx), keep your upkeep skills running as much as possible. Remember: the goal is to try as much as possible to swap legends off cooldown but simultaneously below 10 energy (sometimes what your fighting wont allow this because you need to escape or whatever).

If you can't do this well, that is perfectly ok. it can be difficult, but rewarding, to pull off.

If you need more sustain in the build, or you dont want to worry about kittening around with chartged mists, I'd suggest something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQHsIyhJRNMI6hBSfMBKgjul/TF-zRJYmRNfhEXFEZCUZII8so70G-e

This build runs the devestation traitline, and uses the new Battlescars mechanic. At the master tier, you'll get a stack of Battlescars for every second youre in combat, and at the grandmaster tier, you'll get a stack of Battle scars for every stack of vulnerability you apply. Battlescars will also give you really big sustain in PvE as it heals you roughly 300 per strike every second, at minimum (more with every stack of vuln you apply, which icerazor from renegade applies 40 stacks of).

I would highly not reccomend running Herald as a condi build in PvE in general. Condi herald works very, very well in PvP however it really lacks the higher damage potential you need in PvE modes. Herald is also much better suited generally, for power builds.

If you dont have access to Renegade, I would reccomend a build like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAYlflhQHsIyhJRNMI6hBSfMBKgjuk5yH-zRJYmRMfZEXEUZII8so70G-e

This will give you access to both the higher every pool from charged mists (if you can proc it) and the sustain from battlescars from the devestation traitline. Try and stay on mace/axe as much as possible to keep doing damage unless you need to escape (staff 5 evade/massive cc, staff 3 block, staff 4 cleanse/heal, staff 2 small heal). Core condi lacks a way to really really ranged damage effectively so you'll have to be more careful with your positioning.

Best of luck OP.

@"Ertrak.9506" said:I would go Renegade if you want to run condition in openworld if you have it available.

Kalla's fervor (easily maintain 5 stacks, basically a joke of a mechanic), and vindication will let you easily maintain 25 stacks of might, or if u manage energy well, run lasting legacy while spamming f2 for permanent 25 might with 0 BD.

I want to push you OP to try and run viper's gears instead of relying on gear like trailblazer or dire. Viper's gear (++power, precision, ++condition dmg, condition duration) is the optimal stat-set for condition damage builds in PvE. Admittedly, the condition duration wont help you too too much in open world but by not relying on toughness/vitality gear it will force you to get better as a player.

If you really need to, or you just want a really easy time without having to think about much, you can run either full trailblazer (toughness/vitality/condition damage/condi duration), or full dire stats (toughness/vitality/condition damage) with superior rune of tormenting (make sure you have all 6 runes on ur armour, the final bonus of having them all heals you every time you apply torment).

Again, if you have access to the renegade elite spec I would reccomend something like this (note the build editor is not yet updated to current balance but i use the position the in-game trait would be in):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQHsIyhJRNMI6hBSfMBKgjuk5TF-zRJYmRNfhEXFEZCUZII8so70G-e

You can use Shortbow to stay at range and kite when you need to while still applying conditions to deal damage. Legend choice is up to you but Mallyx/kalla will give you the highest damage output. In kalla, you can upkeep the elite skill to give you massive lifesteal sustain if you need it. If not running kalla, Id reccomend either shiro or jalis. If you run either shiro or jalis (with mallyx, always run mallyx), keep your upkeep skills running as much as possible. Remember: the goal is to try as much as possible to swap legends off cooldown but simultaneously below 10 energy (sometimes what your fighting wont allow this because you need to escape or whatever).

If you can't do this well, that is perfectly ok. it can be difficult, but rewarding, to pull off.

If you need more sustain in the build, or you dont want to worry about kittening around with chartged mists, I'd suggest something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQHsIyhJRNMI6hBSfMBKgjul/TF-zRJYmRNfhEXFEZCUZII8so70G-e

This build runs the devestation traitline, and uses the new Battlescars mechanic. At the master tier, you'll get a stack of Battlescars for every second youre in combat, and at the grandmaster tier, you'll get a stack of Battle scars for every stack of vulnerability you apply. Battlescars will also give you really big sustain in PvE as it heals you roughly 300 per strike every second, at minimum (more with every stack of vuln you apply, which icerazor from renegade applies 40 stacks of).

I would highly not reccomend running Herald as a condi build in PvE in general. Condi herald works very, very well in PvP however it really lacks the higher damage potential you need in PvE modes. Herald is also much better suited generally, for power builds.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAYlflhQHsIyhJRNMI6hBSfMBKgjuk5yH-zRJYmRMfZEXEUZII8so70G-e

This will give you access to both the higher every pool from charged mists (if you can proc it) and the sustain from battlescars from the devestation traitline. Try and stay on mace/axe as much as possible to keep doing damage unless you need to escape (staff 5 evade/massive cc, staff 3 block, staff 4 cleanse/heal, staff 2 small heal). Core condi lacks a way to really really ranged damage effectively so you'll have to be more careful with your positioning.

Best of luck OP.

Love these tips. Thank you!I have just returned from playing condi Mesmer for a while, but damn I still think condi renegade is so much stronger and definitely kills faster. Even though a lot of people are saying that the Mesmer gs can tag in farms really fast, I think renegade shortbow is also as fast too? That’s what I feel. Though Mesmer can certainly sustain longer thanks to all the clones.

Devastation: 3-3-3Corruption: 1-1-1Renegade: 3-2-2Weapons: Mace/Axe | ShortbowArmor stats: ViperTrinkets: Viper/carrionHonestly I think viper is just garbage for renegade because renegade's skills have very poor power scalling, so you can just trade power for everything else that has condi/expertise and dps could be slighty lower. I play viper eq only because I play condi rene on raids and I just don't want to create another ascended set.Renegade can tag very well. Embrace The Darkness is AOE pulsing damage, shorbow skills can pierce, mace/axe has 3 aoe skills and 1 for great mobility. You don't need to deal big damage to tag mobs.

@TokyoGhost.6492 said:I really like Mace+Axe combo and that jump on Mallyx. Would love to make open world build that does great damage around that :)

So far, my idea is:Mallyx / JalisMace+Axe/Staff

Is this even viable in any way?

Jalis in PvE is a no.

There are two main condi builds (3 techinincally if you play core, but it is weak):Corruption/invocation/herald, mace+axe / sword/shield. Using viper. Mallyx/Glint.Corruption/invocation/renegade mace+axe / SB. Using viper. Mallyx/Malla.

The first build is more survivable but does less damage. The second is the condi damage king. I use tormenting runes for more damage and healing in OW.

If you like staff, I think power herald works better.

You do not need retribution in open world PvE at all.

@otto.5684 said:

@TokyoGhost.6492 said:I really like Mace+Axe combo and that jump on Mallyx. Would love to make open world build that does great damage around that :)

Jalis in PvE is a no.

There are two main condi builds (3 techinincally if you play core, but it is weak):Corruption/invocation/herald, mace+axe / sword/shield. Using viper. Mallyx/Glint.Corruption/invocation/renegade mace+axe / SB. Using viper. Mallyx/Malla.

The first build is more survivable but does less damage. The second is the condi damage king. I use tormenting runes for more damage and healing in OW.

Id love to avoid Herald as I played it for last few years all the time. I wish some change in my gameplay.

Ive heard Mallyx + Malla is so slow to build up, wouldnt that be issue for openworld?

@TokyoGhost.6492 said:

Jalis in PvE is a no.

Id love to avoid Herald as I played it for last few years all the time. I wish some change in my gameplay.

Ive heard Mallyx + Malla is so slow to build up, wouldnt that be issue for openworld?

Any condition Revenant build you use is going to face the same damage ramp issue. Core/herald doesn't ramp any faster than mallyx/kalla.

@TokyoGhost.6492 said:

Jalis in PvE is a no.

With the recent patch the ramp up went way down. I use mallyx+kalla and the damage is not slow by any means.

@TokyoGhost.6492 said:

Jalis in PvE is a no.

Any condi build is going to be slow to build up conditions and are not really efficient against trash mobs. That said, Mallyx and Kalla ramp up is relatively quick. If you’re going off the build description off the SC site, then don’t. They haven’t updated it in a very long time.

@otto.5684 said:

Jalis in PvE is a no.

What about trailblazer? Or is that only needed for those that solo champs all day.

@"raveparade.7582" said:

What about trailblazer? Or is that only needed for those that solo champs all day.

Trailblazer (or Dire, or any combination between Dire and Trailblazer) works perfectly fine. I use this:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmxAke7lhQKsIyiJRXMICjBSiMBqgj7SdrD-zRJYkRLfZ0RBESK49BJI6tsonG-e

You do more damage with viper or grieving stats, but that min-max choice is designed mainly to be carried by healers in group content; playing solo sustain is more important than pure damage. Corruption/Retribution/Glint is WAY tankier than the other choices (Infuse Light alone beats any other choice). Now, Renegade has a interesting place in OW PvE, because provides access to the short bow. The short bow is in no way a well designed weapon (has almost 0 synergies with the condition Revenant, which relies in torment, whereas most of the damage from sb comes from bleeds). But the sb still works well with condi damage (hammer doesn't), and is easy to kite enemies with the sb: you can stack damage fast and even do AoEs without being at close range, so is safer against some foes which can one shoot you (despite those ones are susually designed to be faced in a group). So condi Renegade is easier to play but more frail, whereas condi Herald is tankier but harder to play (against though enemies). Vs regular content/creeps Embrace the Darkness can just take care about everything...

You can get you ascended amulet, rings, ear rings and back piece at very low cost buying them with maps tokens at the vendors from the Living Story maps, some examples:

• Bloodstone Fen (ring, amulet, backpack).
  • Ember Bay (ear ring, backpack).
  • Bitterfrost Frontier (ring, ear ring, back pack, underwater respirator).
  • Doric Lake (amulet, backpack).
  • Draconis Mons (amulet, ring).
  • Siren's Landing (amulet, backpack).

Once you buy that gear with the local currency you can sign ANY stat to them. Some of these can even be reset in stats with a special item that can be buyed at Bloodstone Fen, so you can swap stats at fairly low cost if you aren't happy with your choice. There's other ways to get specific ascended trinkets (fractals, raids, PvP and WvW rewards) but those are usually fixed and more costly. Pretty much currently most of players get they ascended accesories from the named maps,

@Buran.3796 said:You can get you ascended amulet, rings, ear rings and back piece at very low cost buying them with maps tokens at the vendors from the Living Story maps, some examples:

• Bloodstone Fen (ring, amulet, backpack).
  • Ember Bay (ear ring, backpack).
  • Bitterfrost Frontier (ring, ear ring, back pack, underwater respirator).
  • Doric Lake (amulet, backpack).
  • Draconis Mons (amulet, ring).
  • Siren's Landing (amulet, backpack).

Once you buy that gear with the local currency you can sign ANY stat to them. Some of these can even be reset in stats with a special item that can be buyed at Bloodstone Fen, so you can swap stats at fairly low cost if you aren't happy with your choice. There's other ways to get specific ascended trinkets (fractals, raids, PvP and WvW rewards) but those are usually fixed and more costly. Pretty much currently most of players get they ascended accesories from the named maps,

If that player has access to episodes 1+2 of Season 5, you can get Amulet and Accessory with eternal ice + karma after unlocking the vendor via a brief collection. Way easier than using LW S3 currency + unbound magic.

@Infusion.7149 said:The problem with mace is torment requires movement to make use of its max damage

so you are saying that power revenant is better than condition as mobs melt way faster?

I can understand this, however 99% of the time using auto attack is boring as hell so im looking for something more interactive. Like jump in and suck all mobs in then deal damage to them for example. Thats why I asked about mallyx

@TokyoGhost.6492 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:The problem with mace is torment requires movement to make use of its max damage

so you are saying that power revenant is better than condition as mobs melt way faster?

I can understand this, however 99% of the time using auto attack is boring as hell so im looking for something more interactive. Like jump in and suck all mobs in then deal damage to them for example. Thats why I asked about mallyx

You could still use Mallyx for that on Power Rev, if you really want. Diviner Rengade in fractals will use Mallyx for boon strip and trash mob gathering. You take a hit to your DPS compared to Shiro or even Glint, but in OW, who cares?

Power will always outburst condition though, that's just how the mechanics work. And auto-attack on sw/sw Rev is also a great way to self-sustain thanks to Dance of Death (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dance_of_Death). Like...crazy good sustain.

• 4 weeks later...

@"Ertrak.9506" said:I would go Renegade if you want to run condition in openworld if you have it available.

Best of luck OP.

Hey, i just got the 2nd build you linked and im trying to gear it out. Only got exotic vipers just now, but im too broke to run tempest runes, is Lyssa alright for now ?Im loving the renegade playstyle!