[PvP] Playable Power Rev builds

Master Ketsu.4569

So I have been playing a lot of memes lately and thought I would share the power Rev builds that can be somewhat playable.

Good Builds:

Power Renegade Roamer http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAweZldQMMHyj1QdsHij9RksAigl+067G-zZIPlMFC9KCyXB0xEwDDAShiro/Jalis Renegade is an old meme build that is actually quite decent in the current meta due to some of the balance changes being favorable to Renegade traits, namely Vigor on Retribution. Righteous rebel allows you to flat out ignore condition stacks if they aren't large enough. Using Jalis Stability road on point fights is your best friend. Axe4+Sword2 is a surprisingly strong damage combo. You also gain a crapload of boons when you break out of a CC now due to the Renegade reversal trait reworks. Maintains near permanent Vigor. Overall this is probably the best Power Rev build in the game atm ( This isn't saying much as Condition mallyx is still generally Meta ) due to its high crit damage, damage reduction mods, and ability to counter most condi builds 1v1.

The main thing to get used to is making sure you are constantly swapping legends and proccing charged mists. To ensure you always proc CM, do the following just before you legend swap based on your energy if you have over 10:10~20: Heroic command / F2 ( OPTIMAL: Always try to aim for using F1 to swap and proc CM for free might )20~30: Orders from Above / F430~40: Both F2+F440~50: Riposting Shadows / ROTGD50+: Stop being AFK.^takes practice but when you get used to it you should have few if any energy problems.

Ye Olde Power Shiro http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlpQMMLyjdRdMMijJSksCigpslWzG-zZIPlMFC9KCyXB0xEQgDASo this is really just the old Meta Rev with minimal changes. It's not nearly as good as it used to be, but is still very playable and can cheese out some decent burst damage with the ample quickness uptime.Few ways to save energy and play it safe:-Consider using Shiros f2 for the lifesteal buff after porting in instead of Impossible odds in case you suspect you may need to use riposting shadows. This is probably the biggest adjustment to the flow of the build due to RS being overnerfed.-Save bursts for when you have quickness-Still pretty slippery if you know what you are doing-If you have a support duo, this build is potentially better than the Power Renegade build above

Playable fun Memes:

Shield Bunker Jalis http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAw6ZlpQHMLyhdRNMM6hJSfsCKgl+le7H-z5gfKZKE6VEkvCIhJgzGAThis is a fun Jalis/Glint build that is largely for sitting on a point and not dying. Lots of blocks/evades. Three condi Clears + infuse light and a lot of sustain. Deals just enough damage to be annoying. Can 1v1 builds that can't keep up with the battle of attrition. Can also give your team a lot of stability during teamfights.

Spirit Bunker Jalis http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAweZltQHsNyhpRNsM6hNSfMDKgl+067H-z5gfKZKE6VE0tEIfFgAHAVery similar role as above, but slightly better in teamfights. Can potentially deal a lot of damage if you CC people with Axe 5 into a Kalla spirit combo ( Elite + Daring + Icerazor ). Also refer to Power Renegade roamer above for always proccing charged mists.

I've been using this build.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlhQHsIyhJRNMI6hBSfMBKgD1S7qF-z5gfKZKE6VEkvCogJgJGA

The build makes 0 sense from a glance, but everything falls into place once yu understand how it works : mainly by abusing the living heck out of Dwarven Battle Training.

Role : Primary Duelist, Secondary +1How it works : become a tanky anti condi high damage reduction duelist which can take out an enemy very fast if they are nearing 50%

Mallyx and Jalis has chunky heals, and Jalis heal removes conditions. Mallyx allows yu to tank the conditions for even chunkier heal.

Traits from Corruption gives Resistance when using Mallyx skills to gain damage reduction and minor Regen.Invoke Torment is unexpected spike damage for big hee hees when yu do a sneaky Legend swap while in Unrelenting Assault.

Dwarven Battle Training = CCing with CtA or Forced Engagement = Weakness on target = target takes more damage from yu.Also works if yur allies have Weakness application.Also : Planar Protection also inflicts weakness.Versed in Stone is great for free stunbreak, but most importantly, 50% reduced condi damage taken.Guess what Jalis Ancient Echo gives? Heehee. Also, the Toughness to Power conversion is a small bonus.Also Evading with Retribution gives Vigor = more damage reduction to stack with Resistance from Legend swapping or using Mallyx skills.

Thrill of Combat can be swapped for Assassin's Presence if yu want more Fero or Fero for allies, but honestly idk, I like the passive sustain.Swift Termination + Eagle Runes + Sigil of Exploitation allow yu to finish off enemies fast when yu gank them as a +1.

Look at this abomination of a build and despair as I have.Works decently though, try in ranked at yur own risk because I sure as heck haven't.

^ I did try some variations of power mallyx, including Jalis/Mallyx as a power build.

The problem I found with it is it's just not as good of damage with Mallyx than just going straight condi. Mallyx just isn't made to be optimal with power builds, so while you can sort of play power Jalis/Mallyx and it does have great CC it's just subpar presence over the exact same build with a condi amulet and Mace/Axe. That's why I didn't list any variations of power Mallyx here.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:^ I did try some variations of power mallyx, including Jalis/Mallyx as a power build.

The problem I found with it is it's just not as good of damage with Mallyx than just going straight condi. Mallyx just isn't made to be optimal with power builds, so while you can sort of play power Jalis/Mallyx and it does have great CC it's just subpar presence over the exact same build with a condi amulet and Mace/Axe. That's why I didn't list any variations of power Mallyx here.

Well of course xDI do play pretty dumb builds anyway.

One thing I gotta say about my build though, it offers extremely high survivability more reminiscent of a Warrior than a Revenant.I know that Power Revenant has been long recognized as something sort of a "Heavy Armored Thief" due to how Shiro is being used in addition to OH Sword's high burst potential.

Its gameplay is very skirmish-y, focuses on weathering down the opponent's health to a sweet "Optimal Burst range" and then just finishing them off with Sword 5 + Sword 2.

Weakness spamming with various disables also increases this build's survivability alot.Since all yu use in Mallyx is CtA, heal and Pain Absorb, yu have more Energy to juggle around for stuff like Staff and Sword skills.

The only thing that is jarring is how the builds utilize the traitlines picked and more often than not, if yu have no idea what the traits are picked for, yu won't pull out the maximum potential it can provide, which makes this build more like a beefy beatstick which can't kill anything.

Personally if yu ask me, Staff has reached a point where it is purely useless for offense and a really meh defense tool.If Rev had another Power mainhand and free access to shield as an offhand, I would throw Staff right out my build.

I recommend players who want a sort of "bruiser" style gameplay for Power Rev to try my build out, though people tend to gravitate more towards Glint/Jalis for their Power Bunkers.

Also additional note here : My own predictions for this build is that it will be viable for at least a couple more Energy nerfs to Mallyx in the event Anet decides once again to be complete doo doo heads and increase Energy costs.Ancient Echo really carries Energy Costs hard, to the point where Charged Mists is no longer needed.

This build will only totally fall apart if they somehow decided to bump up all Revenant skill costs by 10 energy, which at that point, Revenant itself will begin to crumble and fail and become literally unplayable.