What is even the point of playing power mesmer?

Lincolnbeard.1735

Want better burst? Thief, engie, ranger.Want better sustain damage? thief, engie, ranger.Want better mobility? Thief, engie, ranger.Want better sustain? Thief, engie, rangerWant better cc? thief, engie, ranger.

Point is, power mesmer is currently useless trash.

Just admit you screwed up and buff mesmer already.Revert critical infusion, mirror blade, mind wrack and all phantasms.

• Like 1

I've been wondering that myself.

I tried out a few games fiddling around with power mirage (because I'm tired of playing condi and the defacto core build doesn't interest me that much) and I felt beyond useless.

Having said that though, does anyone else find it funny that almost every power-based build is forced into zerker amulet now?

Such build diversity.. :p

The few times you actually get a good enough team and people not running flavor of the month tanky condi builds that take zero effort it can be pretty satisfying landing your burst.

Otherwise there is no point. And honestly the timing, positioning, and skill it takes to land your burst on a power mesmer is about 100 times more effort than just playing a rifle deadeye and hitting from max range. Or a soulbeast. Or a berserker with greatsword f2 for an aoe one shot nuke.

Yeah, there really isn't a point most games honestly.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Oh I donno 14+k burst from stealth and crazy high evasiveness, seems pretty worthy of play to me

14k+ bursts (against a glassy) , that are healed easily because mesmer sustained damage is as good as poking with a stick.As for high evasiveness, sure, one of the professions with the least amount of vigor on game...

So 2 phantasms + 3 Clones plus a DOUBLED up sword damage, all that extra might buff, evasion, projectile block just from your normal rotations THEN plus all the extra utilities isn't good enough?

Then the added bonus that you double up as a boon chrono with a swap of trinkets.

It's only natural that some of it got nerfed, but it's still very powerful for PvE.

In comparison, Engies receive damage in overload, and thief has the lowest health pool.

@Vilin.8056 said:So 2 phantasms + 3 Clones plus a doubled up damage sword damage, all that extra might buff, evasion, projectile block just from your normal rotations THEN plus all the extra utilities isn't good enough?

Then the added bonus that you double up as a boon chrono with a swap of trinkets.

It's only natural that some of it got nerfed, but it's still very powerful for PvE.

Who cares about pve? You can even get level 1 weapons, be naked and still do good.

• Like 1

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Vilin.8056 said:So 2 phantasms + 3 Clones plus a doubled up damage sword damage, all that extra might buff, evasion, projectile block just from your normal rotations THEN plus all the extra utilities isn't good enough?

Who cares about pve? You can even get level 1 weapons, be naked and still do good.

If you fixate yourself in only one type of game mode then yes, some class/build would definitely become vulnerable.

@Vilin.8056 said:

If you fixate yourself in only one type of game mode then yes, some class/build would definitely become vulnerable.

ANerf usually does split balance so no point in having a profession useless in one game mode.

@"Vilin.8056" said:So 2 phantasms + 3 Clones plus a DOUBLED up sword damage, all that extra might buff, evasion, projectile block just from your normal rotations THEN plus all the extra utilities isn't good enough?

In comparison, Engies receive damage in overload, and thief has the lowest health pool.

I'm pretty sure a hot fix will be applied within 24 hrs if the Mirage changes were to be applied to pve.

Edit" And who cares about thief? Stealth is broken anyway so they just reset and come hit again. (in wvw )

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Junkpile.7439 said:Just select right targets. B)

Yes! Select npcs!Actually npc:ees are bad targets. Before you could kill them one burst, but now it take much longer. Thiefs for example seem to die easily. Just hide in tower, wait that thief try to gank somebody outside, stealth and one hit him. Necros who don't have full hp are good targets too.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@"Vilin.8056" said:So 2 phantasms + 3 Clones plus a DOUBLED up sword damage, all that extra might buff, evasion, projectile block just from your normal rotations THEN plus all the extra utilities isn't good enough?

I'm pretty sure a hot fix will be applied within 24 hrs if the Mirage changes were to be applied to pve.

Edit" And who cares about thief? Stealth is broken anyway so they just reset and come hit again. (in wvw )

If they apply it to PvE, heads will roll. That’s stating facts there.