Dragon's Stand Dead Map

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Klypto.1703 said:Yeah LFG is great especially in wvw its so amazing how often you find people through LFG on there.

Everyone who makes comments like this needs to understand that unless you are playing during prime time on NA you arent going to find maps being ran, you may as well not even play on them honestly

. i tried over the course of a month on -Weekends- i spent all day in DS, literally all day Saturday and sunday, from 6AM eastern time to 9pm Eastern time(thank god for netflix.), and you know how many runs of DS i was able to do? -ONE- one map per day if i was lucky, some weekends i got no maps, and that was nearing the final portion of the day. the map was dead with no LFGs or LFGs that didnt get more than 10 people in the squad. Literally all day nobody ran that map it was absurd.

The more maps that come out, and god forbid they do another expansion(which i want) if they dont re balance the metas for HoTs(outside of Auric basin) i feel really bad for newer players.

@Dante.1763 said:and you know how many runs of DS i was able to do? -ONE- one map per day if i was lucky, some weekends i got no maps, and that was nearing the final portion of the day. the map was dead with no LFGs or LFGs that didnt get more than 10 people in the squad. Literally all day nobody ran that map it was absurd.

The more maps that come out, and god forbid they do another expansion(which i want) if they dont re balance the metas for HoTs(outside of Auric basin) i feel really bad for newer players.

That's a shame. DS is really my favourite map. But, considering the Meta takes a minimum of 1.5 hours, no wonder the population isn't that high. That being said, there are some good guilds who do run World Boss trains and Meta trains. If you want, you could join them up.

I noticed it yesterday that a lot of people where on Dragon' Stand. LFG tool does not seem to promising - not many groups/squads there. (This really is mostly populated with people looking for the latest content or certain popular maps or at festivals.) Might just have been the bad luck I had when I tried for the first time. I guess I wasn't there early enough and there was one full map and I got on the 2nd empty one compared to others that always have a lot of people but probably don't get full (so I always see lots of people when I join there).

I'll try soon for completion there - having finished Act III HoT and doing a bit of the main achievements and completion on Tangled Depths now. (Strongboxes and Insights finished, remaiing POI, vistas, hero challenges left as well as the outpost event chain achievements I want to do since they are easy.) Then going for Dragon's Stand in a similar way: First story (there I might use the LFG tool ... I saw there is a "migraine" achievement that requires party), then doing the event chain while trying to do insights/strongboxes (I think there are only strongboxes) and then the remaining map completion and main achievements.

Is the thing with the mouth of mordremoth being killed in under 20 minutes happening regularly? Or is it hard - requiring a big zerg/train to be on the map?

@"Luthan.5236" said:I just reached Dragon's Stand yesterday. Weird thing is that in Verdant Brink and in Auric Basin a lot of people seemed to constantly do events and progress the meta. I haven't been that long in Tangled Depths and Dragon's Stand to get a better impression. But I found it weird that after 30 mins in the evening no other waypoint was unlocked. I guess it was already too late and no one was playing the event (1 hour before midnight in Europe) an people were sleeping because of work the next day? Or maybe another map was "full" and I joined an empty one? (Like with the Great Jungle Wurm where you have to join 10-15 minutes before it starts to get into a full map.)

If the thing about rewards (someone mentioned the rewards were bad compared to other maps) is true ... maybe they could change it a bit. (Maybe some achievement/collection with rare drops there ... like the one that requires to you grind core stuff or buy it expensive from TP. Where people even are active in unpopular core maps like forOgre Wars event and stuff like that. :D)

The Dragonstand map is unique to HoT> The entire map is set up around a single meta event that's on a timer. If you're on a map that's not doing the meta event, all the waypoints will ALWAYS be contested. If you enter in the middle of a cycle and you're new you'll think the map is dead. If you go back in time you'll see people saying the map is dead when when HoT was relatively new. It wasnt' dead. People didn't know how to join the action.

There are two things you need to know. The first is when Dragonstand starts and the second is how to use the LFG tool to taxi to an active map.

Use the command in game /wiki et

THis will get you to the wiki's event timer. Show up about five to ten minutes before the run starts. You'll be on a map that's about to close. Often enough you'll see someone tagging on that map. Join that squad. Also keep checking looking for group tool.

When the map closes (and it will), everyone will die unless they're on a mount. Then they end up in a new map. Make sure you join the commander on his/her map if you're not already on it. Do this by right clicking on the commander and clicking join in Dragon Stand. Then the event starts what is often a full squad.

The map isn't dead even off hours. It's just not done off hours every time it comes up. But I live in Australia and sometimes catch Dragonstand runs at my time. I did one today in my afternoon which is way past prime time US. It's done plenty. Going there and looking around won't tell you the story.