Disappointing

trueanimus.4085

I stopped playing before even the patch preview which i am glad I did, don't worry, they are reading all the feedback, they heard that core mesmer is eeh still working, it will be next on the list =p

You can't be disappointed as mesmer, you just expect nerfs and nerfs and nerfs ... the 50% nerfs xD

@Heartpains.7312 said:I stopped playing before even the patch preview which i am glad I did, don't worry, they are reading all the feedback, they heard that core mesmer is eeh still working, it will be next on the list =p

You can't be disappointed as mesmer, you just expect nerfs and nerfs and nerfs ... the 50% nerfs xDWho would have thought that would be great idea, right? ;)

@Heartpains.7312 said:I stopped playing before even the patch preview which i am glad I did, don't worry, they are reading all the feedback, they heard that core mesmer is eeh still working, it will be next on the list =p

You can't be disappointed as mesmer, you just expect nerfs and nerfs and nerfs ... the 50% nerfs xD

A good patch is when the nerfs don't exceed the nerfs I expected ^^

@"Odik.4587" said:

Who would have thought that would be great idea, right? ;)

Next is core mesmer! we need a 50% nerf! and since they nerf anything by 50%, I think mesmers having only 1 set of weapons is good idea "Mesmer can no longer swap weapons".

@Deaeira.2651 said:

A good patch is when the nerfs don't exceed the nerfs I expected ^^

But isn't expectations are usually 50% nerfs? and sometimes a little bit above.

The next patch will surely introduce a new 50% nerf, no?

Maybe it's time to nerf Mesmer...shoes! Chrono gets the left foot only and Mirage the right foot. Core Mesmer gets both shoes because Chrono has the powerful 'No Illusionary Persona' trait and Mirage the powerful 'Just the One Dodge' trait.

Trade-offs are important.

@Simonoly.4352 said:The next patch will surely introduce a new 50% nerf, no?

Maybe it's time to nerf Mesmer...shoes! Chrono gets the left foot only and Mirage the right foot. Core Mesmer gets both shoes because Chrono has the powerful 'No Illusionary Persona' trait and Mirage the powerful 'Just the One Dodge' trait.

Hahahhaaa, great post. I got a great laugh from it and a nice way to start the week! I only wish the QQ were not so true.Personally, I'm enjoying Mirage still but only in PvE. (esp in Fractals where it does quite well.) The fast, dynamic play style of Mirage in competitive modes is gone.The best WvW'ers have learned to just wait out or bait out the single Mirage dodge and then burst them down. Simple and done. If you don't flee and reset, you're cooked. (Edit: Worst is in outnumbered fights were a sideliner waits for the dodge and bursts in. It's so easy now to know when to go for the jugular knowing the espec has one dodge.)

@MesmerizedNYC.2479 said:

@Simonoly.4352 said:The next patch will surely introduce a new 50% nerf, no?

Hahahhaaa, great post. I got a great laugh from it and a nice way to start the week! I only wish the QQ were not so true.Personally, I'm enjoying Mirage still but only in PvE. (esp in Fractals where it does quite well.) The fast, dynamic play style of Mirage in competitive modes is gone.The best WvW'ers have learned to just wait out or bait out the single Mirage dodge and then burst them down. Simple and done. If you don't flee and reset, you're cooked. (Edit: Worst is in outnumbered fights were a sideliner waits for the dodge and bursts in. It's so easy now to know when to go for the jugular knowing the espec has one dodge.)

best thing is you dont even have to bait the dodge. mesmer HAS to use it for damage or he is useless.

I play a greatsword vanilla mes now instead of mirage. (edit ** in WvW)Greatsword damage sucks.But some will still cry that mes is op.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

I play a greatsword vanilla mes now instead of mirage. (edit ** in WvW)Greatsword damage sucks.But some will still cry that mes is op.

I played the last days in wvw as a core power mesmer too.The damage is indeed not that good unless you face a squishy. Having to outplay immensely everything while others just spam hell and back if you want to have a chance, feels wrong.

The most frustrating thing is going back to do living world stuff on mirage in pve. It's like godmode.

The difference is so jarring it's really bad for consistency between modes. Especially if they're trying to smooth the transition for players and encourage play across modes.

I think Mirage is the worst example of this right now and the entire systems and PvP balance teams should be thinking how to minimise functional differences between pve and PvP/wvw, otherwise it is likely to create further population isolation.

It's shocking how such a change can be considered as a skill split.

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:People cry/whine and will always cry about mesmer as long as he has clones, it will never stop.

Imo, it's the basic problem of people with mesmer :/ ( damages modifier with clones (condi/powa) And finding the real one :s )

THIS is the problem exactly. Bad players who get confused by clones will ALWAY QQ about mesmers. no matter how bad and under performing they are. period.

@holly lyn.2173 said:

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:People cry/whine and will always cry about mesmer as long as he has clones, it will never stop.

Imo, it's the basic problem of people with mesmer :/ ( damages modifier with clones (condi/powa) And finding the real one :s )

THIS is the problem exactly. Bad players who get confused by clones will ALWAY QQ about mesmers. no matter how bad and under performing they are. period.

No that's flat out wrong so.... the real mesmer/mirage is not hard to find, issue is even with one dodge their harder to pin down than any other classes even thief. Find mesmer in secs and target it and it distorts takes no damage than poof mesmers relocated than clone spam find the mesmer distorts takes no damage and repeat. A good mirage still can be very hard to pin down and the still do 14k+ bursts out of stealth even post patch, than complain other classes are doing 5k lmao. Mirage needs more nerfs :)

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:No that's flat out wrong so.... the real mesmer/mirage is not hard to find, issue is even with one dodge their harder to pin down than any other classes even thief. Find mesmer in secs and target it and it distorts takes no damage than poof mesmers relocated than clone spam find the mesmer distorts takes no damage and repeat. A good mirage still can be very hard to pin down and the still do 14k+ bursts out of stealth even post patch, than complain other classes are doing 5k lmao. Mirage needs more nerfs :)

It takes... 50 seconds for you to find the real mesmer?

@Curunen.8729 said:The most frustrating thing is going back to do living world stuff on mirage in pve. It's like godmode.

The difference is so jarring it's really bad for consistency between modes. Especially if they're trying to smooth the transition for players and encourage play across modes.

I think Mirage is the worst example of this right now and the entire systems and PvP balance teams should be thinking how to minimise functional differences between pve and PvP/wvw, otherwise it is likely to create further population isolation.

They can't remove one dodge in pve, can you imagine what whining reddit and pve players will do to them ? They will be eaten alive by the complain threads. Pp too smol for that, sadly.

@Kondor.2904 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:The most frustrating thing is going back to do living world stuff on mirage in pve. It's like godmode.

They can't remove one dodge in pve, can you imagine what whining reddit and pve players will do to them ? They will be eaten alive by the complain threads. Pp too smol for that, sadly.

That's the problem, yeah it would be difficult as I can imagine massive meltdown of pve community were such a change to be global.

But regardless whether it is a good or bad change (in terms of skill potential, etc), it makes no sense as a split. Mirage plays so differently between modes right now, together with original cooldowns etc, it's awkward to go from one to the other.

Either they should have left it alone, and attacked the problem of shifting damage from clone ambushes to player, or they should have blanket made 50 endurance for Mirage in all modes and now properly rework the entire spec around this.

It could work out, though I'm sceptical of how far Anet are willing or even able to go, to make further big changes necessary to scaffold all of it - which is the problem where if they did a global change and left it for 6/12/18/24...months, then yeah the community would be right to take them to task.

Given how Chrono had one significant change and then nothing for what will soon be a year, Anet's track record of swift iteration and scaffolding is not great. :/

We'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

@Curunen.8729 said:Either they should have left it alone, and attacked the problem of shifting damage from clone ambushes to player...

Like everyone of the mesmer community have been saying since pof released.

It gets on my nerves how simple the mirage fix is and ANerf is going around and around nerfing everything on their path without solving the issue. What's worse they might do that at the end but leave everything they nerfed still the same.

Kitten incompetence!

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Don Vega Van Kain.9842" said:People cry/whine and will always cry about mesmer as long as he has clones, it will never stop.

No that's flat out wrong so.... the real mesmer/mirage is not hard to find, issue is even with one dodge their harder to pin down than any other classes even thief. Find mesmer in secs and target it and it distorts takes no damage than poof mesmers relocated than clone spam find the mesmer distorts takes no damage and repeat. A good mirage still can be very hard to pin down and the still do 14k+ bursts out of stealth even post patch, than complain other classes are doing 5k lmao. Mirage needs more nerfs :)

"mesmers (mirage) with 1 dodge are harder to pin down than any other class even thief"This made me laugh so hard.Explain to me how a mirage with 1 dodge, sigil of energy nerfed for mirage only is harder to pin down than a daredevil with withdraw, roll for initiative, signet of agility and 3 dodges. I can do this comparison with every class now tbh.

@appelflap.8310 said:

@"Don Vega Van Kain.9842" said:People cry/whine and will always cry about mesmer as long as he has clones, it will never stop.

"mesmers are harder to pin down than any other class even thief"This made me laugh so hard.Explain to me how a mirage with 1 dodge, sigil of energy nerfed for mirage only is harder to pin down than a daredevil with withdraw, roll for initiative, signet of agaility and 3 dodges. I can do this comparison with every class now tbh.

It is cuz I said so, and that's the bottom line

@appelflap.8310 said:

"mesmers are harder to pin down than any other class even thief"This made me laugh so hard.Explain to me how a mirage with 1 dodge, sigil of energy nerfed for mirage only is harder to pin down than a daredevil with withdraw, roll for initiative, signet of agaility and 3 dodges. I can do this comparison with every class now tbh.

Yeah abusing the energy sigil to gain more evasion to a already almost perma evading class isnt broken at all. Every time u fight a mirage it's the same. High 14k dodge out of stealth, clone spam and perma swapping with their clones to add to their evade time with distortions negating all damage in between, it's a joke.