WvW Ventari Suggestions

alain.1659

Hello people!

Tonight I went crazy and tried Ventari in wvw roaming. My build was apothecary + dire with mallyx and ventari renegade. My build was far from perfect so i am gonna skip that part and come to the point. First of all ventari works more than i imagined. Especially in this condi heavy roaming meta (and against ranged opponents) it really worked "enough" (died sooooo many times) for me to roam. But there are few issues:-Ventari needs a stunbreak (duh)-Tablet radius should increase to 305 radius to cover the dodge range at least (from one end to other). 300 is the dodge range as far as i know so +5 can cover it well enough.-Ventari's Will cd should be reduced to 2 seconds.-Purifying essence cd should be reduced to 3 seconds as it already costs too much energy to use the tablet.-Natural Harmony is meh but you can buff it via traits.-Ventari's Will needs a buff. The regen was really good and important but now without any boons Ventari can only give alacrity, which really does so little for your sustain. And it should be faster.-Energy expulsion should remove conditions not 1 per 10 energy but 1 per 8 energy. This way you can use it more fluintly in the combat. But i am not sure of this as there is already too much cc in the game.

The biggest problem is the healing orbs. They are not worth it, really. I don't know what was the intention for implementing those but come on, they suck in wvw.

Compared to other bruisers/sustain fighters I admit that it is harder to play, gives less than others and weaker. It can never be top tier but can be effective enough to be fun with some changes.

@alain.1659 those changes would be welcomed, when target ally dodges and I miss my heals...painfully...

Healing orbs.....why do they even exist, even if Anet would 2x their healing output no one would use, due how game works.. they don’t fit in this game...

Only way to make them decently is to add auto send orbs to closest allies but even so, weak and useless...

Orbs trait need to be unified in a single trait and they need to auto path to allies.

Orb traits need replaced with skills to improve staff skills directly.

Besides those, tablet elite it’s quite meh, we can use it to create a ton of orbs but still useless.

Maybe, adept trait to improve condition cleanse on revenant staff, master improve orbs creation condensed in one trait, and a grand master something decent for the tablet elite, when we collapse the tablet a tree will growth for 3 seconds absorbing conditions and pulse 1 pulse per second healing for each condition absorbed.

Tree can be damaged, since tablet can be called and blasted a CD would added to the elite skill.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Healing orbs.....why do they even exist, even if Anet would 2x their healing output no one would use, due how game works.. they don’t fit in this game...

Only way to make them decently is to add auto send orbs to closest allies but even so, weak and useless...

Orbs trait need to be unified in a single trait and they need to auto path to allies.

Orb traits need to improve staff skills directly.

Besides those, tablet elite it’s quite meh, we can use it to create a ton of orbs but still useless.

Maybe, adept trait to improve condition cleanse on revenant staff, master improve orbs creation condensed in one trait, and a grand master something decent for the tablet elite, when we collapse the tablet a tree will growth for 3 seconds absorbing conditions and pulse 1 pulse per second healing for each condition absorbed.

Tree can be damaged.

Make Orbs dissolve into healing puddles after being left on the ground.Would be nice if yu fight on point or for a Raid and yu can just puddle the entire arena with centaur juice which people sit on to regen over time.

@Aeolus.3615 said:@alain.1659 those changes would be welcomed, when target ally dodges and I miss my heals...painfully...

Healing orbs.....why do they even exist, even if Anet would 2x their healing output no one would use, due how game works.. they don’t fit in this game...

Tree can be damaged, since tablet can be called and blasted a CD would added to the elite skill.

Radius is really important and i think it is the most important thing that must be changed. It should cover the dodge range as it gives no boons, no protection or stability. But honestly i don't have much hope for these changes. Healing orbs have not been working well for so long yet they insist on keeping them. I think some builds are abandoned in competitive because they somewhat work in pve.

@alain.1659 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:@alain.1659 those changes would be welcomed, when target ally dodges and I miss my heals...painfully...

Radius is really important and i think it is the most important thing that must be changed. It should cover the dodge range as it gives no boons, no protection or stability. But honestly i don't have much hope for these changes. Healing orbs have not been working well for so long yet they insist on keeping them. I think some builds are abandoned in competitive because they somewhat work in pve.

Agree since, tablet isn’t much visible to allies as well, they even skip when one call tablet heal close to x ally.I’ve been in situations where player was looking for tablet for heal and tablet was right side to him, sometimes even I loose track of my own tablet...

Healing orbs never worked simple as that.. it doesnt matter how many orbs nor its heal value, its their mechanics that does not work well in this game.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Regen on Ventari alone would be such a blessing.

It would help sustain the boon from when swapping from herald to ventari.

But at the end.. we have regen for 10 players on herald that’s basically 1.1k per sec x 10.. I don’t know if we really need regen on ventari...

It would still end weak.....compared with the regen we can reach on heral support.

Hummm it would end being priceless compared with the regen output u tend to see...

Protection on tablet move by for 1sec 2 sec maybe?

@Aeolus.3615 said:

But at the end.. we have regen for 10 players on herald that’s basically 1.1k per sec x 10.. I don’t know if we really need regen on ventari...

It would still end weak.....compared with the regen we can reach on heral support.

Hummm it would end being priceless compared with the regen output u tend to see...

Remember that all effects that have 10 targets will be removed in the future.

And support classes like Ventari Rev and Tempest, who even with 10 target support, arent even viable in WvW currently.

That means both need not only compansation for the 10 target to 5 target nerf but also a huge buff to compete with firebrand.

I think that a Support Class/Healer needs Regen on its kit.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Remember that all effects that have 10 targets will be removed in the future.

And support classes like Ventari Rev and Tempest, who even with 10 target support, arent even viable in WvW currently.

That means both need not only compansation for the 10 target to 5 target nerf but also a huge buff to compete with firebrand.

I think that a Support Class/Healer needs Regen on its kit.

In that case rip my support herald :dI would add regen to ventari tablet movement then.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:How does Ventari feel currently in WvW anyways? Haven't been playing much Rev post-patch but am curious to see how it is doing. I definitely see less of them than I did previously.

It is meh. Not terrible but blatantly underwhelming. You need to put more effort than any other support/healing professions and you get a weaker result. Lack of stunbreak and the costs of the skills are making your life harder when you combine it with 50 energy at the beginning. It is fun to use it :) But you will get bored after a while. Lack of boons are also problematic as no group would choose ventari over firebrand in most cases. Previously the healing was really powerful and it compensated the lack of boons. But with the latest patch i get a better result with tempest, scrapper and firebrand. It feels on par with druid in some cases. Even an apothecary scourge feels better in this meta as it can provide a huge barrier and remove condi from allies/corrupt boons of your enemies.

But with some tweaks ventari can be useful and fun. But those changes are direly needed.

TL/DRCan you play it now?Ofc you can. I did and I got some pretty good fights. But compared to other professions it needs more skill and gives really worse result.

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Ventari 'rework' was the worst thing that happened to support Rev. The barrier and incoming damage traits are nice, but the orb mechanic is utterly useless. FYI - ventari used to have a trait for regen, which is now replaced by.....vigor. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nourishing_Roots

ye vigor is completely crap on ventari. Could be used in retribution, but not as an outcome from stupid orbs.

without the tablet giving regen anymore its incredibly.....badI would prefer just running around as herald while being an epic regen-bot. Way more chilling and almost the same result

Herald should maintain its 10 targets ._., it’s not a 10x stability boon.

Keep 10 target with herald but increase 1 pip degen with that trait.. make facets more expensive to mantainImo it is better than loose the +5 since it’s a based class with CD and e-management...

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:How does Ventari feel currently in WvW anyways? Haven't been playing much Rev post-patch but am curious to see how it is doing. I definitely see less of them than I did previously.

Painful to play it... if u want to obtain good results need a lot of focus on what ur doing.

Beenplaying rev support for 2+. years since it fits more my support gameplay over the firebrand one.

The e-management can be somewhat pressured easilly, it’s elite is awfull despise can cleanse 10’condis.. still useless cause there’s alwayanother things to do, extremely hard to cleanse with it to impossible due e-management.Good anti range done to avoid comander pin sipped, it forces players to use its unblockables to counter it wich makes bad players that want easy kills QQ, quite decent skill.

F2 passive needs better effect or better healing, used to direct heal 10 target every 3 sec by 2.5k+ To 3k, now heals 600ish.

Staff and shield can be used to cleanse after scrapper cleanses or converting condis to boons, both will heal and cleanse.

Herald for protection and regen plus might and fury, altough e-management is required u m8 end on Heavy cd and no energy...