Tengu or Largos? Which new race do you want to see in a future release?

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:If I could change my answer I go with dwarfs. Has all the dwarfs reallY just vanished and turned to stone? An entire race gone? I hope not.

They have all turned to stone, but they are not all gone (yet).

What u talked aboot?

The dwarves turned themselves to stone so they were strong enough to fight the Destroyers, they have been doing that ever since.But because they are made of stone, they can no longer reproduce, so their population just keeps dwindling until there are none left.

But we do know some of them are still around, like Ogden and Rhoban.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:If I could change my answer I go with dwarfs. Has all the dwarfs reallY just vanished and turned to stone? An entire race gone? I hope not.

They have all turned to stone, but they are not all gone (yet).

What u talked aboot?

The dwarves turned themselves to stone so they were strong enough to fight the Destroyers, they have been doing that ever since.But because they are made of stone, they can no longer reproduce, so their population just keeps dwindling until there are none left.

But we do know some of them are still around, like Ogden and Rhoban.

That's cool ty

For all the people that have posted overtime for a new race I will give the general concept +1 and not throw a dog in the race. That said if it were Kodan, fix the head to body ratio and give them more 'rawr' in their faces. It's the same how much better Charr look standing straight, at least to this Charr lover.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:IMO it will be
but, ohhh boy, these
look epic.

Did I miss something? ANet said there will likely never be new professions, new races or new weapons - so this voting is fun, but pointless.

There was the Revenant, that's a new profession added LATE in the game (by the time HoT came in the picture. So, when was the

.@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:IMO it will be
but, ohhh boy, these
look epic.

Did I miss something? ANet said there will likely never be new professions, new races or new weapons>ANET said there will never be new professions, new races or new weapons

Soooo, when did they say that, After HoT?

I'd rather have new armour (no more inflexible outfits!), stuff for Charr that doesn't look ridiculous, an end to butt-capes, craftable casual clothing with stats, but if we have to have a new race my vote would be for Skritt. We have enough 'big' races IMHO.

Tengu. I read about how they were intended to be the playable race instead of charr and that charr even use the rig that was once intended for them. So some of the assets are already in place. I feel like they are waiting for permission from a third party though - for a certain expansion closely related to the Tengu race. Perhaps the developers should let go of sticking so strictly to the name Tengu and say the race re-invented themselves after what they went through and start their story anew outside of where they were originally as a way to get around certain issues. I would desperately love an avian race. You see cat and dog races in so many other similar games - but birds? That's something original.

Barring that, I would honestly love to play a Skritt - but make it something neat like, you play 2 skritt at once (2 skritt= 1 character). One holds the sword and one the sheild if it's a warrior. One holds the focus and the other the scepter, one holds a knife and the other a pistol etc.

or maybe Kodan - a new Kodan who are searching for a new balance. Kodan who are adapting to warmer climates with tribal patterns marked in their fur.

V torn. I like Tengu for fashion wars 2 (Largos really look kind of boring if we're talking about plain old character models- just blue humans in skint with wings) but I LOVE the Largos culture, I think it would be super fascinating if there were Largos special bounty missions or Largos area where your status in society is determined by bounties. even if they don't make Largos playable, having a Largos region to explore would be super cool. Sayeh Al'Rajid really made a big impression on me, voice acting cool too.I guess in the end, Largos if done well, at least a region.

Tengu culture is very Japanese + trading, and although it would probably utterly beautiful and also very cool, I would find Largos fantasy culture more fascinating. I guess Largos wins out.