Downed Penalty Why!

@Atom Nyx.7958 said:I'm sorry, but you seed fixated with the time. That is not the crux of the issue; it's the health lose, compounded if you get downed again. Even if you have the luxury to evade your enemy for that time, you become null and void in your party, which can tip the balance between a win or lose. Especially if you’re a crucial member, for example; in fractals you may face [Adrenaline Rush], or [stick Together]... So it becomes a conundrum to how you mange this affect.

And yes, the sweet nectar of success is addictive, but tell me if it frustrates you not to have downed penalty at a crucial time!

The problem some of us have is that there is the same downed mechanic (for the most part) in the different game modes and what might be beneficial in one maye be a hindrance in another. Take the increased health pool while in downstate. Again might be a positive for one mode and negative in others.

Now if you mean all of this just in PvE and they can split, all for it. If not, no downstate definitely doesn't need any more buffs then it already has.

Utilize your dodge/endurance better. If you know you can't get out of that aoe ring off the bat, time it so that you dodge and it misses you. Don't dodge just to dodge.Actually read your skills and passives. Getting downed a lot because of poison/burning? Look at your skills/passives to mitigate it.Still being downed? Look at some builds from https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World/Soloing. They have builds for everything. I linked solo but there are fractal/pvp/wvw/raid builds as well. They go into detail about what you need and what you should focus on via rotation, food, glyphs/sigils, etc.Still being downed after all that? ASK. FOR. HELP. As someone who loves the kitten out of Engineer, there is quite a few things that can be not that friendly to the profession if you are still not geared (Oh god that last PoF fight). I asked in map chat. I've never had anyone be abrasive about it when asking for help. I know this is more PvE than PvP though.For PvP, look up some videos where people are doing WvW zergs online. Watch what's going on. Sometimes you can learn a trick or two about staying alive and others it may help you identify a movement faster for you to be a step ahead of it. Like how the elementalist moves and starts to float doing a channel skill, you get used to seeing how each class moves from watching the vids, you might have an easier time locking down who to attack or stun.

Down Penalties - the reason does make some sense, however in a lot of situations it doesn't.We all talk about learning, which is a valid reason. but ONLY if we have opponents that cannot in ANY situation just down you out of the blue.

• Downed without being struck by AoE... have it happen and since patch on a very regular basis
  • Downed by a shot from an NPC straight THROUGH A WALL... have that happen TWICE just today.

In those cases, a downed penalty feels as being fined for playing by the rules.

What I learned in those situations is very simple:"Too bad for the other players in that event, I ain't returning to a cheating NPC."

Ps: Purely speaking PvE in this situation.

Anet needs to fix their "..." before they penatalize me for being downed. VERY simple.

As far as the above, NPC's that can shoot through solid walls, floors, can down you out of the blue without warning, can one-shot kill a full health 40k warrior with ton of sustain without being downed... This game is the worst, since the balance patch.

So many things broke, so few got fixed.

The downed penalty is fair. It encourages you to stay alive. Each point lasts for 60 seconds, taking - 25% from your downed health.

The death penalty is different. First armor is damaged (still works, just yellow) when all of your armor is damaged, it breaks and stops working. All you need to do is stop by an anvil or repair vendor and they'll repair it for free. In Wvw, there is usually one near a wp to respawn.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@miraude.2107 said:there is quite a few things that can be not that friendly to the profession if you are still not geared (Oh god that last PoF fight).

That is probably one of the worst examples to use for content requiring gear. It's a very easy fight unless you choose to throw away the very useful magical sword.

......You do realize there is an achievement on that fight that fails if you use the 'very useful magical sword' right? Depending on how you are geared and your profession, that achievement can easily be a pita to get.

@miraude.2107 said:

@miraude.2107 said:there is quite a few things that can be not that friendly to the profession if you are still not geared (Oh god that last PoF fight).

That is probably one of the worst examples to use for content requiring gear. It's a very easy fight unless you choose to throw away the very useful magical sword.

......You do realize there is an achievement on that fight that fails if you use the 'very useful magical sword' right? Depending on how you are geared and your profession, that achievement can easily be a pita to get.

In that case the example goes from bad to misleading.

I could say the same about the fight with Mordremoth but leave out the fact that it was in Migraine mode.