Fourth Elite Specialization "Minstrel" - Concept

Sodeni.6041

• 7 months later...

I don't like musical characters at all, not only in videogames but also in anime, I find musical attacks a bit facepalmy.With that said, I wouldn't oppose this, since it's a high demand trope but with one condition Chants and Echos similar to Paragon in the first game (not as boring tho, in gw1 having to mantain echos was a kittening chore).

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:I don't like musical characters at all, not only in videogames but also in anime, I find musical attacks a bit facepalmy.With that said, I wouldn't oppose this, since it's a high demand trope but with one condition Chants and Echos similar to Paragon in the first game (not as boring tho, in gw1 having to mantain echos was a kittening chore).

Might I direct your attention to a favorite musical fight scene from the movie, Kung Fu Hustle (2004)

@Mouse.7382 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:I don't like musical characters at all, not only in videogames but also in anime, I find musical attacks a bit facepalmy.With that said, I wouldn't oppose this, since it's a high demand trope but with one condition Chants and Echos similar to Paragon in the first game (not as boring tho, in gw1 having to mantain echos was a kittening chore).

Might I direct your attention to a favorite musical fight scene from the movie, Kung Fu Hustle (2004)

snip.

To do that they should also add new weapons to the game for this and I doubt that they'll do it for now. Anyways i see... it'll be useless against the op or more powerfull specifications and only above the plebs. Very ilustrative video. If not, they'll nerf it asap with people complaining against mesmers again so it'll be funny to play for few days or weeks before fall in the forgotten well and only played by few in PvE due to the theme, like now with our other specializations.

Anyways. The whispers, rumors and leaks always pointed that GW2 engine is a mess of source code. If that is true and they want compete with more future projection against other MMOs, add new weapons, etc, they should consider improve and rework the GW2 game engine to profit multicore processors, give native support to DirectX12 and profit the rework to structure the source code properly to allow future improvements easily with a good object programming, even if that means extra work until release the next expansion. Other MMOs like FFXIV or WoW already did it. Do that will open the door to more weapons, mechanics, smoother playing experience and a more beautiful environment that attract new players. If they re-structure the code properly in the rework they should be able to add new weapons, etc, easily. If Ncsoft-Arenanet want to invest in do it is another history...

I mentioned some years ago a Siren elite spec for Mesmer which used sound to distort the senses of your foe as a ranged DPS and debuff type spec which is missing from the Mesmer's kit.

I personally wouldn't mind a bard at all. However I'm a bit more inclined to favor a play style more reminiscent of the GW1 mesmer.

Most of my opinions have already been confirmed by what many have already said here, particularly Me Games Ma and Dragoth.Bards are overdone stereotypes and I really want mesmer to be a class that walks its own path and is unique from other games.Something like a Siren with attacks more akin to shouts rather than 'singing' would be ok-something more like a Oprah singer breaking a glass with her vocals. However, anything that is focused and even semi focused on support is a big no no for me (even if it is a support type different from quickness and alacrity). I would much, much, much rather have the idea of a debuff dps spec, particularly if it is pulled off in a unique, original manor.

What matters more for me is fixing mesmer's problems, holes, and potential roles.Aesthetics, lore, and role playing is secondary - not that I don't enjoy it though as well :)

@Lily.1935 said:I mentioned some years ago a Siren elite spec for Mesmer which used sound to distort the senses of your foe as a ranged DPS and debuff type spec which is missing from the Mesmer's kit.

I personally wouldn't mind a bard at all. However I'm a bit more inclined to favor a play style more reminiscent of the GW1 mesmer.

A Siren/Bard would just work well with the mesmer. The trident already sends out sound waves to hurt enemies and minstrels are a thing in the GW2 world as well :)

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@Lily.1935 said:I mentioned some years ago a Siren elite spec for Mesmer which used sound to distort the senses of your foe as a ranged DPS and debuff type spec which is missing from the Mesmer's kit.

A Siren/Bard would just work well with the mesmer. The trident already sends out sound waves to hurt enemies and minstrels are a thing in the GW2 world as well :)

If we got land Trident and Siren spec. Ho boy I'd scream with Joy.

@Lily.1935 said:

Oh yeah a land trident would also be a great option! I'm curious if the devs implement new weapons with the next expansion.

@Sodeni.6041 said:

Oh yeah a land trident would also be a great option! I'm curious if the devs implement new weapons with the next expansion.

I hope so. A crossbow, trident and Spear would be nice. Not all the professions should get the brand new weapons but a few having them would be nice. Like Warrior or guard with spear, necro and message with trident, ranger and engineer with crossbow. Idk. Something fun.

Mesmer is a class I love. And i did recently make a Reiko cosplay in game in preparation for the Expansion l.

@Lily.1935 said:

I hope so. A crossbow, trident and Spear would be nice. Not all the professions should get the brand new weapons but a few having them would be nice. Like Warrior or guard with spear, necro and message with trident, ranger and engineer with crossbow. Idk. Something fun.

Mesmer is a class I love. And i did recently make a Reiko cosplay in game in preparation for the Expansion l.

I still hope that every profession gets new weapons by default, not just for elite specs. More skills = good :P

@"Woltarion.6829" said:With this bard spec, I want that stuns make your ennemies dance, and some disco balls would also be fun

Forcing foes to dance is also something I considered recently! It would be really fun! If ArenaNet makes a music themed mesmer spec they have to make that reality :D

Maybe my proposed "sleep" status effect could force enemies into dancing for 5 seconds instead of making them fall asleep.