Official; Finally rev gets it Greatsword!

Arkantos.7460

If gs comes it might be a mid range heal block weapon that would shoot tiny shields to protect youe opponent and that would include at leas 2 bugs and 5 glitches :)

Jokes aside I am more interested in the legend we will get. Balthazar would be cool but there are so many perfect options. Renegade was a bust for competitive for so long (yet i loved the legend).

Greatsword seems to be the major option but its nature might change a lot as we are talking about rev here.

Ps: me and several more people were sure that there was a new expansion on anets mind. It is their custom to nerf everything for 3-5 months and then bring a new expansion.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lily.1935 said:

@Elric.4713 said:Nice bait name, but we want Ritualist.

Ritualist is necromancer's. Don't touch it with your dervish spiritual successor hands.

There are mechanics from the ritualist which would make alot of sense for revenant. Like the ashes mechanic. Holding the ashes of dead heroes to channel effects makes more sense for the revenant than for the necromancer, imo, since revenants already do something similar by channeling the spirits of dead heroes for their stances.

GS with Aesgir Dragonrender please. Power Burst mid range spec please. I'd rather not end up hitting people over the head with a sceptre as we use weapons unconventionally anyways.

Real talk I actually dont think we'd actually get ritualist spec. Anet prefers to drastically change the playstyle with new elite specs and it would play too similar to renegade (stationary summons), as much as people like to pretend renegade doesn't exist.

@zaswer.5246 said:As long as i can finaly get a proper power build for rev im happy

PvE Power Rev is in the best place it's been in for at least the past 2 years now. Alacrity Rene remains meta for CM/T4s, but you could still deliver an honest showing as a Sw/Sw Herald/Shiro. For OW the rework to battle scars has improved survivability on Herald substantially, though it still suffers from lack of condition cleanse available to both Condi and Alacrene builds, but simply swapping in a sigil can fix that.

@Ertrak.9506 said:GS with Aesgir Dragonrender please. Power Burst mid range spec please. I'd rather not end up hitting people over the head with a sceptre as we use weapons unconventionally anyways.

Real talk I actually dont think we'd actually get ritualist spec. Anet prefers to drastically change the playstyle with new elite specs and it would play too similar to renegade (stationary summons), as much as people like to pretend renegade doesn't exist.

What does Aesgir have to do with Cantha? If they decide to add e-specs with Icebrood Saga then fine, but we should get a Canthan legend when we go there.They did gave spirits to Renegade but Ritualist was more than that. My wish is that they focus on Channeling Magic with scepter/focus/warhorn or whatever and finally spice up our gameplay.

@Elric.4713 said:

@"Ertrak.9506" said:GS with Aesgir Dragonrender please. Power Burst mid range spec please. I'd rather not end up hitting people over the head with a sceptre as we use weapons unconventionally anyways.

What does Aesgir have to do with Cantha? If they decide to add e-specs with Icebrood Saga then fine, but we should get a Canthan legend when we go there.They did gave spirits to Renegade but Ritualist was more than that. My wish is that they focus on Channeling Magic with scepter/focus/warhorn or whatever and finally spice up our gameplay.

Has Anet literally ever given us a legend related to an expac...? Glint had no real relation to heart of thorns literally other than "the exalted once followed her" which didn't become relavent until ls4 when aurene hatched, and kalla is related to PoF...how exactly?

Im entirely unconvinced we'll have a legend directly tied to Cantha, especially when we already have Shiro.

@Ertrak.9506 said:

@Ertrak.9506 said:GS with Aesgir Dragonrender please. Power Burst mid range spec please. I'd rather not end up hitting people over the head with a sceptre as we use weapons unconventionally anyways.

Has Anet literally ever given us a legend related to an expac...? Glint had no real relation to heart of thorns literally other than "the exalted once followed her" which didn't become relavent until ls4 when aurene hatched, and kalla is related to PoF...how exactly?

Im entirely unconvinced we'll have a legend directly tied to Cantha, especially when we already have Shiro.

Exactly that's why people dislike Kalla, that and her being a classical agenda character that took a spot of someone more fitting to Elona. Apart from the Druid the HOT one's were all over the place, but in POF they did a better job of tying them to the region.

@Elric.4713 said:

Honestly we don't have to get a Canthan Legend just because we are supposedly going to Cantha.We didn't get Legendary Sunspear for going to Elonia after all, we got Kalla which is nowhere near Elonia.

Hell I totally wouldn't mind Legendary Sunspear with GS as weapon and we use it to stabby stab instead of slashing like other Professions' GS movesets.(Please no more Land-spear suggestions I'm really tired of those tbh)

I feel like Revenant is already a spiritual successor to Ritualist, if anything I want a full rework of Invocation traitline to reflect more Ritualist aspects, because right now, it's used for nothing but Profession Mechanic bonuses and the highly overrated Incensed Response.

Song of the Mists is pretty nice, I think it would be totally cool to give Invocation the Invoke Torment treatment and make it a Minor.So here's my proposal :

Adept Minor : Song of the MistsMaster Minor : Invoker's RageGrandmaster Minor : Ferocious Aggression

Adepts

• Cleansing Channel can stay as is

• Rising Tide can stay as is

• Change Glaring Resolve. Idek why we were given Glaring Resolve when Anet decided to remove the one consistent Stunbreak available to Revenants (Empty Vessel)I would change it to restore 5 Energy for every target affected by Song of the Mists.

Masters

• Rapid Flow could stand to use a tweak imo. It's a low ICD Heal + Swiftness, which is a pretty good trait overall, but nothing special. Maybe it can give nearby allies Swiftness as well?

• Incensed Response imo, is abit too strong. A good nerf/tweak/buff to it would maybe be give it a 5sec ICD, and allow it to proc on Energy spending. This will make it viable on Condition based builds as well.

• Since the other two traits will now revolve around Energy spending, I think a new trait which does the same would be fitting.Something which is on the lines of spending Energy will refund 50% of the spenditure if yur next attack hits, with a 5second ICD. It will serve to relief Energy costs if yur next attack happens to hit after using a heavy cost skill like Shiro or Jalis Elites, Riposting Shadows, or any Stunbreak in general.

Grandmasters

• Charged Mists is pretty strong. Utterly useless for Glint though. I feel like it could do without the condition and just straight up give 20 bonus Energy upon swapping Legends, making yur new Legend swap minimum Energy 70 instead of 50. However it should be made Combat Only so that Revenants don't immediately have 70 Energy to burn upon entering combat.

• Roiling Mists : I hate this trait. It's only true purpose is to simply give bonus 420 bonus Precision (20% crit chance) while yu have Fury. It's straight up bonus stats and I hate it. At least make it more interesting, like gaining Fury will allow yur next attack to deal bonus damage and inflict a Condition based on yur current Legend. This will make it viable for Condi builds as well.

• Contained Temper : Idea is sound, but the forced Minor is not cool. Also Revenants have very few ways to field multiple CC skills to make this valuable as a minor.I would rework it to : Give Might upon disabling a target. Next attack Dazes upon gaining Fury. 3 second ICD.

@"Elric.4713" said:Apart from the Druid the HOT one's were all over the place, but in POF they did a better job of tying them to the region.Scrapper once were described as Engineers repurposing the wreckage from the failed pact raid though.And on the wiki it says:"With Mordremoth’s awakening, engineers that discover the wreckage of the Pact fleet can choose to learn the ways of the resourceful scrappers."

@Lily.1935 said:

Ritualist is necromancer's. Don't touch it with your dervish spiritual successor hands.

Laughs with my
Champion Ritualist
title.

Don’t get started with Lily it’ll turn into 15 pages about why you’re supposedly wrong that revenant has any ties to ritualisf and that Necromancer is the true ritualist in gw2

Also yes Rit Rev ftw. Scepter + Focus please

Nice strawman. Too bad the real logs say differently. I'll link them later.

No need to link “the real logs” I’ve read literally all your posts on it over the years and don’t agree with your conclusions because you ignore/downplay certain aspects of revenant to support your claims. Things that you view as having less importance/weight are things that I generally think are more important.

And I don’t want to get into it with you again, but feel free to post whatever just know it’s not going to change my opinions on the topic so will be a waste of your time

@Elric.4713 said:

We have a canthan legend, which is shiro. So your argument is mute and it doesn't make sense, We need a norn legend as THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE ALL ABOUT yet we don't have one at all or any tied to the norn. Heck we need a sylvari and a Asuran one too, We have a human in the form of shiro, and two human related legends in mallyx (Created by one of their gods) and Glint who worked with the humans durring the flameseeker prophecies.

I suppose sylvari have one in ventari, but I digress. Norn need love, more norn is needed for a class all about legends and the fact we have a race ALL ABOUT LEGENDS you'd think they would be tied better together somehow? Kalla had nothing to do with PoF, and Glint nothing to do with HoT outside of aurene's egg...

If they add one more human centric thing to the class im out, im done. Litterally just a homage to a bunch of boring characters (Varesh should of been chosen instead of mallyx, as mallyx wasn't even a big deal outside of being like a raid type boss..)

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@zaswer.5246 said:As long as i can finaly get a proper power build for rev im happy

PvE Power Rev is in the best place it's been in for at least the past 2 years now. Alacrity Rene remains meta for CM/T4s, but you could still deliver an honest showing as a Sw/Sw Herald/Shiro. For OW the rework to battle scars has improved survivability on Herald substantially, though it still suffers from lack of condition cleanse available to both Condi and Alacrene builds, but simply swapping in a sigil can fix that.

I agree with some things and disagree with others so lets clarify some things.1 i know rev is stronger now than it has been for a long time due to the last patch buffs but that doesnt mean its in a good place for a power class in raids (its not bad but it still needs some changes)2 I was talking about power dps not alac rene wich is a sup with some dps.3 I suggest you to try a renegade power build because it is a bit better than herald for power dps4 While i agree that battle scars is very good as it also gives more dps than swift termination and some siphon , when we talk about a dps build it doesnt realy need to have that level of self sustain as in raid you have healers , and the same for condi cleanses (And remember that im talking about pve not pvp nor wvw )All in all i agree , power dps revenant is not bad but it still isnt good either , im talking as someone that isnt a great player but has spent a decent amount of time triing rotas and playing revenant and the power builds are by far the most akward to play , you can only use sw/sw shiro and either kalla or glint , glint is a spam of its facets to get some boons for the group that they dont realy need as someone elses gives that boons better and your dps is much lower than most other dps clases, in kalla you get a bit more dps but you are stuck in soulcleave and icerazor with long cds , as well as citadel , not to talk about the huge amount of energy that skills need when at most you have 75 with charged mists , now shiro is great you just have to push IO , let the character do AA till you have sw skills off cd and triing to get in a citadel bombardment because the power dps centered spec has no skill that deals dmg but it has 2 movility skills that should be joined in my opinion , an elite that only gives cc and drains all your energy and IO that is a great skill with nothing to pair up.Rev traits after the rework are great (maybe buff a bit notoriety so it is a real option against AP?) but the power weapons and legend are needed of something to pair up with , for example if we joined both mov skills from shiro and introduced a direct dmg skill to help maintain dps and drain a bit energy or got a weapon like sb that can keep casting skills in the right order and doesnt need to spam AA it would solve everything (talking about that maybe its worth looking at a power build with sb? Ill try looking at it)

@Ertrak.9506 said:

Has Anet literally ever given us a legend related to an expac...? Glint had no real relation to heart of thorns literally other than "the exalted once followed her" which didn’t become relevant until ls4 when aurene hatched

I mean glint is super relevant to HoT and does make sense. 1) she’s the one who rytlock learns the magic from in the mists. 2) A massive part of the whole plot for LS2 and much of Heart of Thorns is “get Glint’s Legacy (her egg) to its proper place and protect it.” So she’s super relevant even if not directly involved. 3) Tarir is an entire city effectively dedicated/in service to her so her “people” have a major presence in the region 4) Aurene’s egg starts to hatch at the end of HoT and then the “HoT living world (LS3)” is focused a lot on Aurene and Glint’s legacy (even if that gets even more expanded on later in PoF and LS4)

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Laughs with my
Champion Ritualist
title.

Don’t get started with Lily it’ll turn into 15 pages about why you’re supposedly wrong that revenant has any ties to ritualisf and that Necromancer is the true ritualist in gw2

Also yes Rit Rev ftw. Scepter + Focus please

Nice strawman. Too bad the real logs say differently. I'll link them later.

No need to link “the real logs” I’ve read literally all your posts on it over the years and don’t agree with your conclusions because you ignore/downplay certain aspects of revenant to support your claims. Things that you view as having less importance/weight are things that I generally think are more important.

And I don’t want to get into it with you again, but feel free to post whatever just know it’s not going to change my opinions on the topic so will be a waste of your time

You're mistaken. You do that with necromancer. I remember specifically someone denying that Necromancers even summon spirits in the lore. That was an absolutely dumb conversation.

@Elric.4713 said:

Exactly that's why people dislike Kalla, that and her being a classical agenda character that took a spot of someone more fitting to Elona. Apart from the Druid the HOT one's were all over the place, but in POF they did a better job of tying them to the region.

That is not why people dislike/d Kalla. It’s because she was made out to be a minion spec, which turned out just to be glorified turrets, and that she gave us Shortbow instead of GS, which is what she’s famous for using. For years her statue pictured her with only a GS.

Anyways, as people have already stated above, we have a Cantha legend already. Let’s go with Norn and GS, utilizes be animal spirit transforms, ala Norn racial transforms, that alter procs for our weapon, like the trident. If using a GS, you get double procs.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Anyways, as people have already stated above, we have a Cantha legend already. Let’s go with Norn and GS, utilizes be animal spirit transforms, ala Norn racial transforms, that alter procs for our weapon, like the trident. If using a GS, you get double procs.

That dips too much into being a Norn spec than a Revenant Spec.Revenants channel Legends, not races.

There are some legendary Norn heroes who aren't known to transform, Jora for example lost her transformation ability.

It would be also extremely awkward Legend design because in the end it wouldn't be channeling the Norn Legend themselves, rather the Revenant would be channeling Bear/Wolf/Raven instead.

Imo channeling a Norn legend is fine, but it should avoid trying to channel the Spirits of the Wild.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

That is not why people dislike/d Kalla. It’s because she was made out to be a minion spec, which turned out just to be glorified turrets, and that she gave us Shortbow instead of GS, which is what she’s famous for using. For years her statue pictured her with only a GS.

There was the Dragon Empire that exiled the Tengu from the mainland of Cantha. If we see a legend I'd like it to tie more into the current story if we're going with the story of Cantha. So a Legendary Tengu that rebelled against the Dragon Empire, failed or not would be a pretty hype experience.

Imagine if arena net gave us Questing for our elite spec as a part of its acquisition. I'm a bit of a lore nerd and a writer so this would be so dope for me. Taking the Revenant around the world of Cantha, or all throughout Tyria as they walk the path finding Memory fragments of the lost hero or rifts of the unbalance of time as you get to learn about this legend's history. This to me would be super rich. Listening to them while they stage their coop, watching their rise and fall in game. For me its all about how can we best engage with the story.

Also, Revenant is a very martial profession. That's what I like about them. I like how they play like the logical evolution of the dervish from GW1. Its really neat. So a greatsword would be great. But I dislike how people keep trying to narrow the scope of the Revenant's abilities to just spirits. Revenants are Mist warriors. They use Mist magic! The mists are everything that was, will be, and could be. We could literally have an Eldrich Knight who conjures the heat death at the end of time as an attack!

"Channel legendary powers to slaughter foes and unleash chaos on the battlefield with our brand new profession: the revenant. Enter the field of battle heavily armored and equipped with the otherworldly powers of the Mists."

"Before there were humans or dwarves, before there were even worlds or the stars that light the night sky, there was but one thing in the universe—the Mists. The Mists touch all things. They are what binds the universe together, past, present, and future. They are the source of all good and evil, of all matter and knowledge. It is said that all forms of life, no matter how simple or complex, can trace their origins back to this one place."

GUYS! We could have an Eldrich Knight that shoots tentacles or pulls people into a black hole! Shred people through time and space! We could have them reveal truthes of the mists to foes causing madness! WHY OH WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT TO GIVE THAT UP FOR THE LIMITED SCOPE OF A SPIRIT SPAMMER!?!

@Yasai.3549 said:

That dips too much into being a Norn spec than a Revenant Spec.Revenants channel Legends, not races.

There are some legendary Norn heroes who aren't known to transform, Jora for example lost her transformation ability.

It would be also extremely awkward Legend design because in the end it wouldn't be channeling the Norn Legend themselves, rather the Revenant would be channeling Bear/Wolf/Raven instead.

Imo channeling a Norn legend is fine, but it should avoid trying to channel the Spirits of the Wild.

Not really. I’m not going to get down into specifics on how it could work because I think it’s a waste of time since I’m not a dev. However, our current norms can channel the wolf, bear, raven, and cheetah spirits, and can use all of them. We already have a legendary norn in Asgeir, wasn’t limited to just one spirit, or none at all, like Jora. We would be channeling him, not the spirits. Don’t be so literal when you read a general post like the one from me.

I would LOVE to get Dagger/Dagger or land spear as a mid range set with a focus on Spirit weapons (acting like they did in GW1, but for a GW2 setting, would make them like Thieves venoms; AoE party buff [with, of course, Splinter Weapon being one of them for the Juicy AoE damage]). The class function could then be something like the Ashes (or some relic) of our currently equipped legend that would act similar to Engis kits (a full set of weapon skills depending on the legend). And with all that I REALLY hope the next legend is a villain as we're currently lacking on the bad vibs end with the current legend roster (Shiro and Mallyx being the only two).

@Lily.1935 said:

There was the Dragon Empire that exiled the Tengu from the mainland of Cantha. If we see a legend I'd like it to tie more into the current story if we're going with the story of Cantha. So a Legendary Tengu that rebelled against the Dragon Empire, failed or not would be a pretty hype experience.

Imagine if arena net gave us Questing for our elite spec as a part of its acquisition. I'm a bit of a lore nerd and a writer so this would be so dope for me. Taking the Revenant around the world of Cantha, or all throughout Tyria as they walk the path finding Memory fragments of the lost hero or rifts of the unbalance of time as you get to learn about this legend's history. This to me would be super rich. Listening to them while they stage their coop, watching their rise and fall in game. For me its all about how can we best engage with the story.

Also, Revenant is a very martial profession. That's what I like about them. I like how they play like the logical evolution of the dervish from GW1. Its really neat. So a greatsword would be great. But I dislike how people keep trying to narrow the scope of the Revenant's abilities to just spirits. Revenants are Mist warriors. They use Mist magic! The mists are everything that was, will be, and could be. We could literally have an Eldrich Knight who conjures the heat death at the end of time as an attack!

I think the most likely candidate for a Canthan legend (except Shiro, since he is already in the game) would be Togo, who has been a ritualist. So again, Ritualist just makes alot of sense for the Revenant elite spec with the ashes mechanic attached to it.

@Kodama.6453 said:I think the most likely candidate for a Canthan legend (except Shiro, since he is already in the game) would be Togo, who has been a ritualist. So again, Ritualist just makes alot of sense for the Revenant elite spec with the ashes mechanic attached to it.

There also are Saint Viktor and the Luxon Saint (whose name I forgot), as well as those Celestial beings we fought in 'Closer to the Stars'.Vizu would also work as a Revenant Legend.And let's not forget about Mhenlo, who has deep ties to Cantha as well.