Looking Ahead to Spring, Summer, and the Future

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alliances came with Fractions in the first game, so you may get that with this one.I am expecting it to be on the same lines as POF. Look at Amnoon, that was just a small camp with tents and now it's a big city. There will be some cantha looking stuff and I hope there is new places we never went too aswell, so we are ALL happy.So i'm not expecting a carbon copy of Cantha, it may not even be called that!

Here is what I'd love to see in the expac:-Choice between Kurzick and Luxon-Return of AB, JQ and FA-Open World PvPvE (like in WoW)-Neutral Cities-Scrambled communication between the two factions-Sailing ship/fleet as guild hall-Ship combat like in Assassin's Creed (and others) but with guild mates on deck-Fleet vs Fleet game mode (alliance battles on the sea)-Various ship types, a guild builds its ship(s)-GvG ship battle (guilds use their own ships vs one another)

Love to hear what you think :)

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:I would like to see the first two you mentioned.

I would hate to see kitten kaineng slums, the ugliest maps in the entire gw franchise.

I dunno, looking back on my playtime in GW1, those slums are the ones imprinted in my brain. I did not like how most of it was just facade, but it did ooze a certain atmosphere. I can see your point though. I think GW2 is a much more beautiful world then GW1 anyway but that is just me.

@Zaklex.6308 said:Cantha...how boring...just want I wanted to see, a Jade Sea no longer turned to Jade and the Echovald Forest looking like a real forest and not the petrified landscape it was...there's so many other places we could go both West of the current Maguuma Jungle and East of the Blood Legion Homelands, places we know nothing about or what inhabits them, but I guess a lot of people will be happy now. Also not saying I won't play it, just not that excited for it.

I don't think they will be completely reverted back to their original state, only partly.That alone could lead to some very interesting maps to explore ^^Those are 2 areas of Cantha I am most excited to see again personally.

Woo hoo, all aboard the hype train!!!

I am so excited, and can genuinely say I haven't been this excited about the game for a long time!

Just wondering, what the community consensus is regarding more information?

Would you prefer to wait for say 3 months and then get a lot of substantial information in one go, (for example all details about an entire elite spec) or for them to drip feed little tidbits of information as teasers more frequently, for example, just the name of an elite spec, but nothing else ?

I prefer the latter, as the speculation on unknown factors is half the fun! :)

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:Cantha...how boring...just want I wanted to see, a Jade Sea no longer turned to Jade and the Echovald Forest looking like a real forest and not the petrified landscape it was...there's so many other places we could go both West of the current Maguuma Jungle and East of the Blood Legion Homelands, places we know nothing about or what inhabits them, but I guess a lot of people will be happy now. Also not saying I won't play it, just not that excited for it.

I don't think they will be completely reverted back to their original state, only partly.That alone could lead to some very interesting maps to explore ^^Those are 2 areas of Cantha I am most excited to see again personally.

From what I recall, and I could do a search for it, but it was stated that both areas had reverted back to their original states in the intervening 250 years since the end of GW1(due to a combination of the Elder Dragons rising and Shiro's second death, at least that's what I'd attribute it to).

I have ideas designing 3 Elite Specializations of the game :

• Warrior => Monk (stick as weapon)
  • Mesmer => Dreamer (Daggers)Use F1/F2 to switch between Dream and Nightmares and invoke dreams or nightmares instead of illusions.They can use their daggers in remote spells
  • Necromancer => Demonist/Warlock (sword)Inspired by the Warlock of Blade & Soul, description :Harnessing dark magics, the Warlock is a medium-ranged caster that relies on empowered Talismans—floating supernatural writings that can be consumed or unleashed to great effect—to protect or attack. Through their Talismans they primarily focus on summoning visceral and nefarious restraints and weapons, like spikes and chains.While the Warlock can be considered a glass cannon, they have a number of ways to keep their enemies at bay, not the least of which is their ability to summon a giant demonic Thrall to finish off their enemies. By keeping enemies at a distance, marking them with limited-time debuffs, and mastering their lengthy ability cooldowns, a Warlock can be a difficult—but rewarding—martial art to master.Their flamboyant attitude is matched only by their deadly cunning, but catch a Warlock off guard and their cocky expression could be wiped from their face; just keep an eye out for the giant demon.

@ArenaNet Team.4819

@Lily.1935 said:With all the bad news that's been happening lately in other parts of my life I'm hyped to see an Expansion. But as always I'm going to air on the side of Cautiously optimistic.

Here are my Hopes:

• New Elite specializations
  • New Weapon types
  • New Core skills
  • New Profession Ritualist
  • Massive Landmass surpassing the original Factions campaign.
  • New Races, Largos and Tengu
  • New Dungeons
  • New Raids
  • More character customization in faces, hair and eyes
  • Lots of new weapon's and armor skins
  • Elite specialization questing. (side story where you need to earn your right to advance the spec)
  • Quality story

Here's what I expect:

• New Elite Specializations
  • Moderately sized Landmass
  • New Raids
  • New Fractals
  • More character customization in faces, hair and eyes
  • Moderate amount of new weapon and armor skins.
  • New mount
  • New masteries
  • Extra Character slot for premium buyers
  • New Load screen
  • Quality story

Now I honestly don't have high expectations for this expansion. I hate to be a Debby downer on it. I suspect it'll be a solid expansion. I don't expect it to be as engaging as HoT was for its open world but I do expect it to be better for open world than PoF. I also suspect the story will be top notch. I honestly can't see the story quality going down at all The new elite specs will be a lot of fun for sure. I suspect a few things to show up. Like the Assassin but probably not ritualist. How the ritualist will show up, I suspect it'll be a type of NPC and not playable. The divide in the player base is a bit too strong for it to be given to either Revenant or Necromancer, too much controversy, best to be avoided. I still look forward to the expansion for sure. it'll be fun. I don't expect it to blow me out of the water.

Now my main hope is that this has been in development for a while now. And we're seeing this closer to completion as opposed to announcing it like they did with HoT.

More specialization is crazy, the more class have an MMO, but it is unbalanced, it does not help you have a variation class, If you don't have the equipment for all this, the result is unbalance. What shouldn't be more is the Elite specialization variant. And in my opinion, the Elite specialization was what killed Gw2, making it a very disconnected game, because you have to create a build not above the profession above the Specialization, and this is terrible, because the profession loses meaning ... An example of failure of the specializations, can be clearly seen in the profession of engineer, There are so many variants of which the entire profession has weakened.

In Guild Wars 2 Wiki it is described that the effect of the JadeWind has been reversed with the second dying of Shiro. Especially I am worried that it is said that the Jade Sea turns to water again??? I dont know where this Info is coming from but I hope it does not mean the Jade Wind is literally reversed. To me the JadeWind was a transformation of the material it went through. Its permanent.

What I hope to see is the Echovald Forest is conquered back by nature. Ofcourse two hundred years means that stone trees will be covered with ivey... new trees break through the stone surface... here and there in the thick of the stone wood which is overgrown by a new lively wood you can see some stone animals... and so much stone is also a resource that could have been used.

This also counts especially for the Jade Sea. So much Jade. I would love to see that a City has been build out of Jade. So there is something like a harbor city like Venice just in asian style, with houses, towers, bridges, city walls made out of jade. So the quarry goes into the sea, froming canals and is filles with water.

True unique environments. Build on it and dont reverse it. Build on GW1 and dont destroy it.

@coso.9173 said:I just hope we get a nice storyline and continue with the darker approach to it.Also beautiful maps ?And yeah new city please! We haven had an actual new city in a long time. Since pof maybe?

This. Really hoping for story to keep on that dark approach. I really loved that 'miserable' atmosphere we had with GW: Factions. Undercity was one of the most iconic locations, that place creeped the heck out of me.

@Nogothanc.5014 said:In Guild Wars 2 Wiki it is described that the effect of the JadeWind has been reversed with the second dying of Shiro. Especially I am worried that it is said that the Jade Sea turns to water again??? I dont know where this Info is coming from but I hope it does not mean the Jade Wind is literally reversed. To me the JadeWind was a transformation of the material it went through. Its permanent.

What I hope to see is the Echovald Forest is conquered back by nature. Ofcourse two hundred years means that stone trees will be covered with ivey... new trees break through the stone surface... here and there in the thick of the stone wood which is overgrown by a new lively wood you can see some stone animals... and so much stone is also a resource that could have been used.

This also counts especially for the Jade Sea. So much Jade. I would love to see that a City has been build out of Jade. So there is something like a harbor city like Venice just in asian style, with houses, towers, bridges, city walls made out of jade. So the quarry goes into the sea, froming canals and is filles with water.

True unique environments. Build on it and dont reverse it. Build on GW1 and dont destroy it.

And this!Build on what GW1 gave us and make it even better! :)

Luxon and Kurzick got subdued by the emperor and the land was unified. Though it is little known about the latest developments. Guess we will see. Also there is the rise of Orr (apparently) the DSD/Bubbles/Steeve in this area AND the Dominion of Winds. So what I can imagine is a new race - the Tengu - starting in the Dominon of Winds and going back to their homeland in Cantha, trying to reclaim their lands since the emperor - Usoku - is xenophobic and human centric. I'd say cool idea and Anet - contrary to all naysayers (me included) - showed us that they eventually do things no one expected (mounts, cantha, holy frack!).

@Tazer.2157 said:

now can we please be in more than 5 guilds?

more mailbox space, character slots and bank tabs?

honestly there's so many quality of life improvements that should be in the game

Being a free to play game, they will probably monetize the mailbox space. But they can give us a additional slots for the ones that buy the expansion.

well, I was meaning, can they let us have more?

so like, atm we can only have 10 bag slots, but can we have 15?

we can only have 70 character slots, but can we have 100?

and bank tabs, can we have 25 instead of 17?

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:Spring is fast approaching—with summer hot on its heels—and it’s time for some updates on what’s next for Guild Wars 2!

loa7eyyqhau3.jpg

Are we ever going to get an actual update (more than just what is mentioned casually on the WvW streams on Thursdays) on the WvW restructure? Is it really not even planned for Q2 2020? Information would be appreciated!

• ArenaNet Staff

@Zinchmwah.2067 said:No one's going to read this, but I just wanted the devs and the rest of the staff to know that I wish them good luck. Take your time and have fun with it. You guys do an awesome job at releasing story content to the game.

I just wanted to mention that we (more than one employee) read your posts :)