HELP! Condi renegade or condi Mirage?

tinyasian.8941

I don’t want to play too many characters and just wanna focus on one. But I’m not sure which one to play, I quite like both but I find renegade killing much faster. (Using shortbow, Mace/Axe). I would like to know what you all think about these two classes, the pros and cons. And yes I really love condi classes.

My main gameplay is just open world, farming and collecting stuffs, achievements. For raids and fractal I used to play only as support chrono. Now that I have returned after one year hiatus, not sure how support chrono is like in the market right now.

Please please share your knowledge! Thanks in advance.

Well admittedly, when it comes to raids, bosses that suit condi more often heavily favour mirage (with the exception of dhuum) than renegade. Renegade works best on long phase, large hitbox bosses. Which are few and far between. Because of the way confusion works, and because of its class mechanics, mirage is typical better suited to fights like, SH, largos, Matthias, and even cairn (although renegade is competitive with mirage on cairn). That said, if you only wanna play 1 character, mirage will let you play both support as chrono (which is still highly sought after) and dps as condi mirage or power dps chrono, where revenant isn't as flexible (although you can play alacrity renegade).

That said, if youre doing anything but speed clearing, renegade works just as well as mirage at all of those fights.

When it comes to open world, honestly just run whats more fun for you. Personally i find kitten in open world so boring that i often find myself just trying to play a fun build rather than whats best just to stay awake.

TL;DR just play whichever is more fun for you.

For open world, I've definitely found renegade to be more effective and pleasant to play. All the AoEs and breakbar stripping from Kalla and Malyx skills make OW stuff a breeze.

Condition mirage is also fun, but having less AoE can be annoying. Though might be better at soloing champions.

I'm a mesmer main, but with the time I dropped it and ended up playing condi renegade for open world.

• Similar single target DPS but way better AoE.
  • Underwater difference is in another league. Usain Bolt vs 200kg person who cannot leave the bed.
  • More engaging mechanics and better variety of them. Creating clones and burning dodges gets boring very quickly. With rev I'm comboing fields and skills to get very rewarding results (Kalla elite + shortbow AA/bombardment/shackling wave = crazy healing).
  • Better ramp up and actions are more impactful with a rev, 1 skill used = instant result. Mesmer is waste 5s to have 3 clones, dodge, wait 1s until clones throw attack + 1s until attacks hit. Yeey
  • Less frustration in tagging (before mesmer staff AA reaches target from range, shortbow AA is already going for 2-3rd hit).

@Ansau.7326 said:I'm a mesmer main, but with the time I dropped it and ended up playing condi renegade for open world.

• Similar single target DPS but way better AoE.
  • Underwater difference is in another league. Usain Bolt vs 200kg person who cannot leave the bed.
  • More engaging mechanics and better variety of them. Creating clones and burning dodges gets boring very quickly. With rev I'm comboing fields and skills to get very rewarding results (Kalla elite + shortbow AA/bombardment/shackling wave = crazy healing).
  • Better ramp up and actions are more impactful with a rev, 1 skill used = instant result. Mesmer is waste 5s to have 3 clones, dodge, wait 1s until clones throw attack + 1s until attacks hit. Yeey
  • Less frustration in tagging (before mesmer staff AA reaches target from range, shortbow AA is already going for 2-3rd hit).

Omg. Now that you put it out like this, you are correct. I spent way too much time creating clones when condi renegade just easily ramp up all the conditions.

People keep saying that mesmer is good in farms, yes it's good when you got all the clones up and running and it can tag the most. But meanwhile Renegade has so many AOE skills that you can just spam without efforts. I kept trying and trying with mesmer farming Vs Condi renegade, it's obvious that Renegade is so much faster. (I tried other farming professions that people claim that it's fast and effective, but I feel that the data needs to be updated because renegade with shortbow is so much faster now).

@tinyasian.8941 said:I don’t want to play too many characters and just wanna focus on one. But I’m not sure which one to play, I quite like both but I find renegade killing much faster. (Using shortbow, Mace/Axe). I would like to know what you all think about these two classes, the pros and cons. And yes I really love condi classes.

My main gameplay is just open world, farming and collecting stuffs, achievements. For raids and fractal I used to play only as support chrono. Now that I have returned after one year hiatus, not sure how support chrono is like in the market right now.

Generally, mirage is very survivable and does damage relatively fast for a condi build. So does renegade, but is not as survivable. Range option, boss fight, with people, renegade. Solo, mirage. Mirage is infinitely better soloing champions or pushing difficult stuff.

If I can only choose one, surely would be mirage. Though, I think both are decent.

@tinyasian.8941 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:please dont choose a rev.

It would be good to provide reasonings otherwise your opinion is practically moot.

well this profession isnt in an very good status right now. It still is at the point where its getting cutted down alot....still

mesmer is in every reason a better thing, especially with portals and group invis. People would be very thankful for those things.

@Virdo.1540 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:please dont choose a rev.

It would be good to provide reasonings otherwise your opinion is practically moot.

well this profession isnt in an very good status right now. It still is at the point where its getting cutted down alot....still

mesmer is in every reason a better thing, especially with portals and group invis. People would be very thankful for those things.

Oddly there are more than one posts that I read around saying that Condi renegade is at a good spot right now. Mesmer has had so many nerfs that people are just tired of it. And whatever it can do in raids, other classes can provide those equally or sometimes better.

Based on my personal experience, renegade definitely kills faster with the same equipment and stats. Mesmer skills take seconds too long to ramp up, and renegade ends up more efficient in this way.

@otto.5684 said:

@tinyasian.8941 said:I don’t want to play too many characters and just wanna focus on one. But I’m not sure which one to play, I quite like both but I find renegade killing much faster. (Using shortbow, Mace/Axe). I would like to know what you all think about these two classes, the pros and cons. And yes I really love condi classes.

Generally, mirage is very survivable and does damage relatively fast for a condi build. So does renegade, but is not as survivable. Range option, boss fight, with people, renegade. Solo, mirage. Mirage is infinitely better soloing champions or pushing difficult stuff.

If I can only choose one, surely would be mirage. Though, I think both are decent.

Ah yes, the ranged attack of mirage is not so good. And I prefer ranged attack myself. Maybe that's why I find that Mirage is slow. Haha.

I really dont get why people say Renegade isnt as good at surviving. You can use Kalla Elite + Icerazors (and if you want go Devestation + Dance of Death) and heal yourself to full HP in a few seconds. If you swap to Mallyx you are usually also on SB so if you absolutely have to you can kite.

You stack 25 Might on Yourself, you can provide alacrity and you have fury. The only thing this class is lacking is quickness. Otherwise its basically perfect for solo play.

I think pick one of the two doesn't matter which one and get a char slot later on, when you finished the first char. then you can have both. I tend to play mirage the most. But condi renegade can have several condis to 100% at the same time while condi mirage can have 100% on confusion/torment or around 70% for both confusion and torment (not counting buff food)

If we compare the armor that you need for both renegade's setup is propably cheaper and has a bigger effect.

I've played Mirage in OW for a while now, and after the rework, I've given Condi Rev a bit of a go, and I just find it so slow...just kinda plodding along.. compared to Power Rev. I like Shortbow on Rev, it's an interesting weapon, but I think hands down, if I wanted to solo a Champ or a HP, I'd rather a Condi Mirage with staff + clones to distract/tank for me.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I've played Mirage in OW for a while now, and after the rework, I've given Condi Rev a bit of a go, and I just find it so slow...just kinda plodding along.. compared to Power Rev. I like Shortbow on Rev, it's an interesting weapon, but I think hands down, if I wanted to solo a Champ or a HP, I'd rather a Condi Mirage with staff + clones to distract/tank for me.

Don't know. Just a feeling like Condi renegade is much faster. Tired of generating clones. Haha. And the lack of AOE skills.

@tinyasian.8941 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I've played Mirage in OW for a while now, and after the rework, I've given Condi Rev a bit of a go, and I just find it so slow...just kinda plodding along.. compared to Power Rev. I like Shortbow on Rev, it's an interesting weapon, but I think hands down, if I wanted to solo a Champ or a HP, I'd rather a Condi Mirage with staff + clones to distract/tank for me.

Don't know. Just a feeling like Condi renegade is much faster. Tired of generating clones. Haha. And the lack of AOE skills.

It could just be subjective. 850hrs played as a Hammer Rev camping Glint giving perma swiftness changes expectations. Now if I'm running Dev/Inv/Rene I just feel so slow, not to mention that in OW (where power damage isn't nerfed like it is in competitive modes), you kill faster than any condi build is capable of. Maybe I just need to get used to it, I dunno, but I was excited to try it out, but disappointed by how it felt to play.

I like Mirage overall, but Axe 2 and Staff 2 have gotten me into trouble with gravity in the past lol

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

It could just be subjective. 850hrs played as a Hammer Rev camping Glint giving perma swiftness changes expectations. Now if I'm running Dev/Inv/Rene I just feel so slow, not to mention that in OW (where power damage isn't nerfed like it is in competitive modes), you kill faster than any condi build is capable of. Maybe I just need to get used to it, I dunno, but I was excited to try it out, but disappointed by how it felt to play.

I like Mirage overall, but Axe 2 and Staff 2 have gotten me into trouble with gravity in the past lol

I have been trying out Condi Renegade and Condi Mirage a lot lately by killing random mobs in bitterfrost frontier. It does starting to seem like Condi Mirage kill much fasters and the Condi stacks faster than renegade. There's a lack of AOE though. I'm really thinking how I want balance between these two. I would prefer to only main one class because I don't play that much and would just like to focus on one class that can fo everything.

I have tested it more and it seems like you are right..while the AOE skills are great but it seems like Condi mirage kill faster and stacks so much faster as well.