New Expansion = New Builds? Let's hear your ideal concepts for professions

Pax.8692

For easier balancing: 1 new class with 2 elite specs. Instead of 1 new elite spec for all existsing classes. I already see people complaining in PvP about balancing. And of course it might happen that only the latest elite specs get played and the older ones get to be weaker.

They should add a new race as well. That would be enough "content" to call it expansion. :disappointed:

But yeah ... if there were really new elite specs I'd wish for some sniper spec for the engineer. Since I like rifle and the other elite specs added melee weapons and the thief with deadeye got something sniper-like. Or some pet-spec like ... to create golems (like the necro has minions) that act like pets that can move. (Instead of immobile turrets or the gyros only being centered around you.)

Edit: Or maybe a totally different kind of customization gets added? Option for 4th trait line to equip? Level 90? Another skill slot to unlock for your build?

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Sarrs.4831 said:Necromancer new espec is ritualist. Spirits for new skilltype. Give me my spooky ghost arrow shooting shortbow please

no, Master Togo belongs to Revs ?

New spec mechanic will be aggroing everything on the map and proceed to die.

If PoF aggro ranges are any indication, next expansion might very well end up that way!

@Kodama.6453 said:

ahem

Golemancer

I read this suggestion fairly often, but this would be the worst thing possible for me...
  1. They already tried an AI elite spec with scrapper, didn't go well and engineer already has AI with turrets, we don't need more...
  2. We already have an elite spec that focuses on Asuran technology: Holosmith

I really really
really
hope we will get an elite spec that focuses on alchemy/chemicals this time.

A golemmancer wouldnt have to focus on ai. It could be about piloting a golem.

Holosmith isnt centered around asuran tech.

Regardless I still kinda agree with you

I read this suggestion fairly often, but this would be the worst thing possible for me...
  1. They already tried an AI elite spec with scrapper, didn't go well and engineer already has AI with turrets, we don't need more...
  2. We already have an elite spec that focuses on Asuran technology: Holosmith

I really really
really
hope we will get an elite spec that focuses on alchemy/chemicals this time.

A golemmancer wouldnt have to focus on ai. It could be about piloting a golem.

Holosmith isnt centered around asuran tech.

Regardless I still kinda agree with you

Holosmith is centered around Asuran tech.Holomancy is primarily Asuran technology, every major known personality related to holomancy has been an Asura with just 1 exception: Scarlet Briar. And Scarlet Briar also got directly stated that she got all her knowledge about holomancy from the Asura.

New expansion leaks! not actually a leakGW2: Songs of Strife

The expansion is all about bards!Expand on the otherwise unused Siren of Orr mastery~

Embrace awesome elite specs!:•Mesmer inspire their enemies' demise as the Muse!•Elementalists crescendo into battle as the Harmonist!•Necromancers doom their foes as the Dirgist!•Be the Warrior-bard as a battle-rousing Skald!•Guardians sing their faith as the Cantor!•Join legendary [GW1 Reference] with Revenant as a Jongleur!•Follow the Thief's quick-step as Terpsichore!•Trill to nature with Ranger as the Songbird!•Ignite with pyrotechnic glory and swoon the crowd with Engineer as the Idol!

...sorry, this was a joke that got out of control. :p

@"DarkEmiLupus.2876" said:Hey! we are going to Cantha!!! Instead of elite spec we could have SECOND CLASSES/DUAL CLASSESyou can wear weapons and weapon skills from that 2nd class and 2nd class skills but without class talents.

Would be way too hard to balance. Also Anet already sees the elite specs as they currently are as their way of dual classing.They just blend some aspects of another class into the elite spec. It got stated that the people at Anet saw the Spellbreaker, for example, as their version of a "Warrior/Mesmer". Instead of summoning illusions, the warrior gets the ability to see through illusions and anti-magic abilities.

I think this is quite elegant and staying on that route for elite spec also will cause way less balancing mess than giving us the ability to pick another class.My personal hope for the engineer therefore is that they blend in some necromancer into it: Instead of controling diseases and corrosion through magic, the engineer has conquered these through science. Being able to use acids, poisons, and so on.

Engineer - SiegehammerYou get in a golemsuit like the Asura do, but yours is designed for the kind of things you do (like fighting dragons and gods, ya know). When you're in it, you can 'swap weapons' to change to a different set of weapon skills, and it would have spec abilities that are short-range auras passively, but can be activated (losing the aura until recharge) to do something big. Like one aura could be a pulsing cripple to anything that stays in close range, or you could activate it for superspeed. 'Momentum Accumulator Matrix' Stuff like that.

And they could sell cosmetics to make it look flashier, so it wouldn't just be a mecha you ride in, but a potentially frequent source of revenue for them.