Mystery: Analysis of Mister E

De Bourgogne.9642

@"McPero.3287" said:I'm not saying Jennah being E is impossible, but its highly unlikely. Like I pointed out with Minister Wi, lady Jennah has daily duties to attend in Divinity's Reach, and we know E is not always there. If Jennah was E (had his ruthlesness and his intelligence) she would have demolished all the opposition and ruled with absolute power by now. Jennah might break up with Logan but she would still have feelings for him, if not love at least respect and wouldn't refere to him as if he's a piece of meat. Logan using word role isn't suprising either, he is known to be honourable and loyal man who takes things seriously and professionaly. E sending a letter to protect Logan doesn't mean he knew about the break up, Logan is a capable commander and a fighter, of course he is still needed to win the war against the White Mantle.

I'm not saying Jennah herself is E. As you say, she's busy in the public eye. Though it wouldn't be the first time she's ever fooled us with a clone. My idea was that E is someone, singular or plural, who acts as Jennah's hidden hands while she is tied up with the more visible affairs of state.

As for Jennah being ruthless, don't be deceived for an instant by a pretty face. We got a look in LS3 Ep4 at just how cut-throat Jennah can be when motivated...and in the Queen's Jubilee as well, for those who were paying attention. She's a queen who remains in power despite a wagon load of scheming ministers, not the nice girl next door. To a certain extent, Jennah IS Kryta -- as Napoleon said, "I am the State." And she knows it, and protecting herself and Kryta as the last stand of the old human kingdoms makes just about everyone and everything else expendable, including Logan's love. That being said, you are correct that she probably wouldn't speak of Logan as coldly as E does, which at the very least is a hint that she probably didn't write that letter.

• 9 months later...

I have just played the part of LS2 where Anise mentioned she got info from E. Also watched the recap-videos about LS1. Haven't played any further into the game than that. E seems to have the main focus on Kryta doesn't he? So not unlikely that he/she is human. Maybe it is Anise after all. (And Anise backwards would start with an E.) The stuff about her not using the Shining Blade as an excuse/info source might have been on purpose. (Maybe it was in fact someone not part of the Shining Blade but someone other that she "recruited". She mentioned having some use for Minister Estelle. She also got Canach into her services. She seems to be a powerful Mesmer ...)

Other than that Magister Ela Makkay seems pretty present there in LS2 at least. Doing the ingame-recap of LS1 and then later one latter appeared directly from her. (Then again she could have contacted us with other letters also directly instead of using "E".) Countess Anise often is with the queen and might have an interest to not appaer in publich with her name associated with other stuff than the official Shining Blade duty.

@"Luthan.5236" said:I have just played the part of LS2 where Anise mentioned she got info from E. Also watched the recap-videos about LS1. Haven't played any further into the game than that. E seems to have the main focus on Kryta doesn't he? So not unlikely that he/she is human. Maybe it is Anise after all. (And Anise backwards would start with an E.) The stuff about her not using the Shining Blade as an excuse/info source might have been on purpose. (Maybe it was in fact someone not part of the Shining Blade but someone other that she "recruited". She mentioned having some use for Minister Estelle. She also got Canach into her services. She seems to be a powerful Mesmer ...)

Other than that Magister Ela Makkay seems pretty present there in LS2 at least. Doing the ingame-recap of LS1 and then later one latter appeared directly from her. (Then again she could have contacted us with other letters also directly instead of using "E".) Countess Anise often is with the queen and might have an interest to not appaer in publich with her name associated with other stuff than the official Shining Blade duty.

I've said it before but why would Anise lie that E sent her a letter when she can easily say Shining Blade/Seraph or just doesn't says who informed her. If you put yourself into the game you don't necessarily have all the information that we do here. I think Anise saying she was informed by E just raises suspicion that she is E so why would she do it. Anise could be E though I believe there are some problems but I should maybe add her to the list. It was a while ago since I was researching this so I forgot a lot of details, sorry for not being able to fully explain why I didn't initially put Anise on the list as I forgot, but I believe I had a good reason for it.

I've been hoping that E would turn out to be Evennia. She and Livia seemed pretty close in EotN, so it's possible that Livia managed to rescue Evennia after she vanished and used the Scepter of Orr to extend her life as well. There have also been several instances of people asking the Devs what happened to Evennia after she vanished and they wouldn't even confirm she was dead.

@videoboy.4162 said:I've been hoping that E would turn out to be Evennia. She and Livia seemed pretty close in EotN, so it's possible that Livia managed to rescue Evennia after she vanished and used the Scepter of Orr to extend her life as well. There have also been several instances of people asking the Devs what happened to Evennia after she vanished and they wouldn't even confirm she was dead.

I hope so too.

• 3 months later...

@videoboy.4162 said:I've been hoping that E would turn out to be Evennia. She and Livia seemed pretty close in EotN, so it's possible that Livia managed to rescue Evennia after she vanished and used the Scepter of Orr to extend her life as well. There have also been several instances of people asking the Devs what happened to Evennia after she vanished and they wouldn't even confirm she was dead.

Actually I think they did confirm that Adlbern had her hung, though I can no longer remember where this was said. Konig or Drax would probably know.

Edit: sorry for the necro, was reading these older threads that I missed out on while I was without a working computer, and while reading I up forgot that these were older threads. Getting old sucks.

@"Arden.7480" said:Anise... I still think E is Anise. Everything fits to what you wrote: ruthless, intelligent, especially that E cares about Kasmeer in one of the letters and also "watching you for years" said to the commander... Everything leads to Anise.

What little evidence we have so doesn't implicate Anise;

Kasmeer Meade: Countess, Minister Estelle is claiming that you were there, at the secret meeting. She's implicating you.Countess Anise: Nonsense. I was at no such meeting. I did, however, receive a mysterious message signed only with the initial E.Countess Anise: The note said that Estelle was in a bandit gambling parlor when she was supposedly spying on our queen.

Besides, you spelt Faren wrong ;)

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@"videoboy.4162" said:I've been hoping that E would turn out to be Evennia. She and Livia seemed pretty close in EotN, so it's possible that Livia managed to rescue Evennia after she vanished and used the Scepter of Orr to extend her life as well. There have also been several instances of people asking the Devs what happened to Evennia after she vanished and they wouldn't even confirm she was dead.

Actually I think they did confirm that Adlbern had her hung, though I can no longer remember where this was said. Konig or Drax would probably know.

Kinda. During Caudecus' propaganda spree in S3, the letter he posted in Ascalon Settlement mentioned the Shining Blade sending "[a]ssassins, who your king had hanged from Ascalon City!" Given Evennia was last seen outside the city, and we've never heard of the Shining Blade sending anyone else, it seems most likely that Caudecus is referring to her.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

@"videoboy.4162" said:I've been hoping that E would turn out to be Evennia. She and Livia seemed pretty close in EotN, so it's possible that Livia managed to rescue Evennia after she vanished and used the Scepter of Orr to extend her life as well. There have also been several instances of people asking the Devs what happened to Evennia after she vanished and they wouldn't even confirm she was dead.

Kinda. During
in S3, the letter he posted in Ascalon Settlement mentioned the Shining Blade sending "[a]ssassins, who your king had hanged from Ascalon City!" Given Evennia was last seen outside the city, and we've never heard of the Shining Blade sending anyone else, it seems most likely that Caudecus is referring to her.

Could have sworn it was from Arenanet themselves.

I think it's Lady Anise. She is the Master Exemplar of the Shining Blade. The Exemplars have a dual role of playing spies and intelligence for the queen. She's a Mesmer and not a necromancer. She would obviously be focused intently on everything with Scarlet Briar after she went after Queen Jenah in Season 1. Further, it may be possible that E is not a single person, but any of the Shining Blades Exemplars.

@"Fleebag.1384" said:E?"There’s a lot going on in this new hub, including the debut of an unexpected fun character that players haven’t yet seen in person. Seriously, everyone here is excited. I’ll be following the forums to read your reactions. :)"

People are speculating that is the case, but Im wondering if it is the ghost of someone from EotN

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Fleebag.1384" said:E?"There’s a lot going on in this new hub, including the debut of an unexpected fun character that players haven’t yet seen in person. Seriously, everyone here is excited. I’ll be following the forums to read your reactions. :)"

People are speculating that is the case, but Im wondering if it is the ghost of someone from EotN

E is probably the most frequent name I hear, but I don't see it as a "fun character" personally, nor do I see how it makes sense to reveal him now except for the sake of getting it over with because the time for reveal had come and gone. Unless it's gonna be foreshadowing to whatever purpose that centaur scene had in the Icebrood Saga trailer.

Personally, I think it'll be someone to do with the Eye of the North, or a general major lore figure, neither of which are E.

Which makes me think Asgeir, personally. Given the revelations of Episode 1, he would be a pretty major lore figure to visit.

Second guess is Jora, because of her ties to EotN and the outfit in gemstore.

After that, my guess is a Mists-related entity relating to Aurene's new powers.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Now that would be an interesting direction to take.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

E is probably the most frequent name I hear, but I don't see it as a "fun character" personally, nor do I see how it makes sense to reveal him now except for the sake of getting it over with because the time for reveal had come and gone. Unless it's gonna be foreshadowing to whatever purpose that centaur scene had in the Icebrood Saga trailer.

Personally, I think it'll be someone to do with the Eye of the North, or a general major lore figure, neither of which are E.

Which makes me think Asgeir, personally. Given the revelations of Episode 1, he would be a pretty major lore figure to visit.

Second guess is Jora, because of her ties to EotN and the outfit in gemstore.

After that, my guess is a Mists-related entity relating to Aurene's new powers.

Jora was my thought too. Maybe Vekk as he was fun

what caught my eye was "players haven’t yet seen in person" and assuming they included GW1 players, only one i could think of was E as we haven't seen him/her as "character" E in person. The other that popped into my head was whatever new God of War we got - but that is not a "character" imo??

I wonder if anyone has ever considered Minister Arton?

I mean Arton once thought Caudecus was a friend and trustworthy, leading to Caudecus somehow knowing that Arton was E and therefore Caudecus could reach E as an anonymous informant.

Arton suspected that White Mantle were operating during the party in LS2 and hanging around Caudecus , he could have kept tabs on Minister Estelle, maybe even performing some operations in the background during the party to make sure Estelle did not wiggle out of the accusations against her by making sure Anise, Kasmeer, and the Commander knew she was really gambling and not witnessing a meeting between the Jennah, Anise, and Scarlet.

With regard to the letters from E found in LS3 episode 4, they could have been sent before Arton was killed. None of the letters were dated and may have been plans to get people in position, knowing that a White Mantle attack was imminent. Arton may have been staying out of Divinity's Reach shortly before LS3 episode 4 due to feeling distraught over Caudecus revealing himself to be the Confessor of the White Mantle and being politically damaged with his previous association.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:I wonder if anyone has ever considered Minister Arton?

I mean Arton once thought Caudecus was a friend and trustworthy, leading to Caudecus somehow knowing that Arton was E and therefore Caudecus could reach E as an anonymous informant.

Arton suspected that White Mantle were operating during the party in LS2 and hanging around Caudecus , he could have kept tabs on Minister Estelle, maybe even performing some operations in the background during the party to make sure Estelle did not wiggle out of the accusations against her by making sure Anise, Kasmeer, and the Commander knew she was really gambling and not witnessing a meeting between the Jennah, Anise, and Scarlet.

With regard to the letters from E found in LS3 episode 4, they could have been sent before Arton was killed. None of the letters were dated and may have been plans to get people in position, knowing that a White Mantle attack was imminent. Arton may have been staying out of Divinity's Reach shortly before LS3 episode 4 due to feeling distraught over Caudecus revealing himself to be the Confessor of the White Mantle and being politically damaged with his previous association.

I kinda like this one, to be honest. It would be a good explanation to why we've not heard anything from E since 'Head of the Snake'. While I would prefer that E still be alive for us to meet, if Anet's not going to give us anything more this may well be the next best thing.

Anise has no interest in assassination in Lions Arch which happens before Scarlet goes after Queen Jennah. She also says she got mail from E which would just raise suspicion of others that she is E, which is something E probably doesn't wants.

Arton is actually dead before siege of Divinity's Reach happens so he couldn't have sent the letters before but otherways he would fit nicely.