ANET balance team should be required to play each class for a day for 2 weeks in pvp.

@Xca.9721 said:You do realize the big balance patch was only the first step and was (mostly) meant to decrease the powercreep overall? Of course not everything is perfect, there is still broken kitten that needs to be looked at, but it was a patch that Anet can follow up on the following weeks/months.

So we r in beta mode of 7 year old game? They did not bother to test shit before implementing. They get no credit.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kickpuncher.8109 said:

@Xca.9721 said:You do realize the big balance patch was only the first step and was (mostly) meant to decrease the powercreep overall? Of course not everything is perfect, there is still broken kitten that needs to be looked at, but it was a patch that Anet can follow up on the following weeks/months.

Really?
Cause to me it looked like business as usual.
A new patch that feels like it is based on metrics and not actual gameplay. A patch that drops and busts up a bunch of things and creates a new flavor of the month. This is the same story we've had for like 4 years now.

It is literally the same thing but now with less power coefficients, more condis. Nothing really got fixed cause everything is still broken.

Calling the shake up buisness as ususal is so far from the truth that you either are trolling or just extremely ignorant. If you seriously believe in what you say maybe read the introduction to the balance patch and try to understand why this patch is and was exciting and the last 7 years of balance werent. It will be a great learning experience i am sure.

@otto.5684 said:

So we r in beta mode of 7 year old game? They did not bother to test kitten before implementing. They get no credit.

No we are in a 7 year old game where the pvp was balanced by the pve team because balance was not split between game modes. Now the pvp part of the game is power crept to the exteent that radical changes are necessary with frequent balancing patches. Exactly what anet has been doing.

And to all the pro players in the forums here. I bet CMC is now still better at pvp than most of you even if he hasnt been playing competitivly anymore for years.

@Ghostof Luzifer.6159 said:

Really?
A new patch that feels like it is based on metrics and not actual gameplay. A patch that drops and busts up a bunch of things and creates a new flavor of the month. This is the same story we've had for like 4 years now.

It is literally the same thing but now with less power coefficients, more condis. Nothing really got fixed cause everything is still broken.

Calling the shake up buisness as ususal is so far from the truth that you either are trolling or just extremely ignorant. If you seriously believe in what you say maybe read the introduction to the balance patch and try to understand why this patch is and was exciting and the last 7 years of balance werent. It will be a great learning experience i am sure.

So we r in beta mode of 7 year old game? They did not bother to test kitten before implementing. They get no credit.

No we are in a 7 year old game where the pvp was balanced by the pve team because balance was not split between game modes. Now the pvp part of the game is power crept to the exteent that radical changes are necessary with frequent balancing patches. Exactly what anet has been doing.

And to all the pro players in the forums here. I bet CMC is now still better at pvp than most of you even if he hasnt been playing competitivly anymore for years.

No the balance was not done by PvE team. Splits existed since ever, and even before that, PvP devs did have much say when it comes to balance. The difference is that sPvP devs are now given full domain, and I wish they have not, cuz they fucked sPvP royally.

Bwahahah!!...I just...can't with this community sometimes...

The more I play this game, the more I stay from the forums. I swear, people are never satisfied. This update is one of the BEST things to come out of pvp, it has brought a lot of people back. Sure, there are some problematic builds still out there, but there are few. However, the overall game feels a lot cleaner. Is it ideal? Is it perfect? No! But is it a step in the right direction? Damn straight! This is what people collectively asked for and now it's here.

Yeeahh...I prefer THIS to the post-HoT era, any day of the week.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Bwahahah!!...I just...can't with this community sometimes...

The more I play this game, the more I stay from the forums. I swear, people are never satisfied. This update is one of the BEST things to come out of pvp, it has brought a lot of people back. Sure, there are some problematic builds still out there, but there are few. However, the overall game feels a lot cleaner. Is it ideal? Is it perfect? No! But is it a step in the right direction? kitten straight! This is what people collectively asked for and now it's here.

You could have literally said this about any balance patch in the past as well. As I said this is just business as usual.

New patch. New flavor of the month, repeat until the end of time.

I hope I'm wrong.

@Kickpuncher.8109 said:Cause it sure feels like ANET balance team is solely going off of metrics and numbers and not playing their own game.

Relax, buddy. They have already taken some action and have promised to take more. I prefer they do this in small adjustments and get it right than kneejerk react to forum complaints at every turn.

For me, it took a little adjustment and I was not pleased initially with the combination of altered feel on my build and, I guess, unrealistic expectations of a meta magically transformed into a PvP utopia overnight. However, after a few days of playing, I adjusted to the new feel and at this point PvP seems pretty much just as fun as it was before for me. If others are loving it and players are returning to the game over it, that's a clear improvement for me.

@otto.5684 said:

Really?

No the balance was not done by PvE team. Splits existed since ever, and even before that, PvP devs did have much say when it comes to balance. The difference is that sPvP devs are now given full domain, and I wish they have not, cuz they kitten sPvP royally.

"Previously, skills designers oversaw all balance changes with sign-off from designers working on competitive content." Before the change in direction there was nowhere near the amount of skill splits. The pve team did make balance for pvp. Now cmc has free hand to change pvp and wvw balance without being affected by them. pvp and wvw feel alot better already, I dont see how the changes were a mistake. To think the powercreep before being fine... especially in wvw

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Bwahahah!!...I just...can't with this community sometimes...

The more I play this game, the more I stay from the forums. I swear, people are never satisfied. This update is one of the BEST things to come out of pvp, it has brought a lot of people back. Sure, there are some problematic builds still out there, but there are few. However, the overall game feels a lot cleaner. Is it ideal? Is it perfect? No! But is it a step in the right direction? kitten straight! This is what people collectively asked for and now it's here.

I can be sure you don't play mesmer.It's no exaggeration to say that the current mesmer has been removed from the game.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:I'd like anet to play thief a lot see how its a really kitten idea to take away stealth and all teleports.

All people who play thief know that would be a bad idea.

and thats why thief still has so many teleports he can give you epileptic seizures

Its sorta like how a big deal losing that second dodge and a lot of the blinks is for mes no? since you guys got low hp.Thief class isn't exactly the highest hp.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:I'd like anet to play thief a lot see how its a really kitten idea to take away stealth and all teleports.

and thats why thief still has so many teleports he can give you epileptic seizures

Its sorta like how a big deal losing that second dodge and a lot of the blinks is for mes no? since you guys got low hp.Thief class isn't exactly the highest hp.

it wasnt even 1 dodge that put the mirage in the dirt.all defensive CDs got 50% cd increase, condi damage got ripped by 60%+ in some cases.and builds that you would fight didnt get those nerfs, warrior has as much evades and mobility as it used to. while mesmer lost its dodges and mobility.it had nothing to do with the dodge, we just meme about it cuz its fun.

@ZeteCommander.4937 said:

I can be sure you don't play mesmer.It's no exaggeration to say that the current mesmer has been removed from the game.

Mirage is still strong. It has a lot of damage and great survivability. That is true for 5v5 and for 2v2. Misha plays mirage and he is rank 3 or so on the 2v2 leaderboard. It is mmore a learn to play issue than an issue with the class.

Mirage is still strong. It has a lot of damage and great survivability. That is true for 5v5 and for 2v2. Misha plays mirage and he is rank 3 or so on the 2v2 leaderboard. It is mmore a learn to play issue than an issue with the class.

Misha will be here whatever he play. (And there is hudge teamplay combo in his match.)Where is the second mesmer after him ?

@viquing.8254 said:

Misha will be here whatever he play. (And there is hudge teamplay combo in his match.)Where is the second mesmer after him ?

My point was that it isnt the class that restricts you. Misha can play it at very high level in both 5v5 and 2v2. Therefore unless misha is some superhuman immortal being, people qqing here could become decent with mirage aswell if theyd just try. Mirage had a lot of get-out-of jail free cards. Now they are gone and you actually have to be able to play the game to be good. Deal with it.

My point was that it isnt the class that restricts you. Misha can play it at very high level in both 5v5 and 2v2. Therefore unless misha is some superhuman immortal being, people qqing here could become decent with mirage aswell if theyd just try. Mirage had a lot of get-out-of jail free cards. Now they are gone and you actually have to be able to play the game to be good. Deal with it.

Sorry but if only 1 guys does it (with hudge teamplay combo) while the next one is 1k miles away, it's more about the superhuman facts <3 .

@viquing.8254 said:

@"JTGuevara.9018" said:Bwahahah!!...I just...can't with this community sometimes...

Sorry but if only 1 guys does it (with hudge teamplay combo) while the next one is 1k miles away, it's more about the superhuman facts <3

No one stops you from making the same "teamplay combo". I am pretty sure there are more mirages high ranked than you think. Also 2v2 isnt the measure for balance 5v5 is. What do you care what is optimal at high end level anyway? You can get to plat using a mirage dont worry. Just get good at the game.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

it wasnt even 1 dodge that put the mirage in the dirt.all defensive CDs got 50% cd increase, condi damage got ripped by 60%+ in some cases.and builds that you would fight didnt get those nerfs, warrior has as much evades and mobility as it used to. while mesmer lost its dodges and mobility.it had nothing to do with the dodge, we just meme about it cuz its fun.

This.The dodge is the least of mesmer problems, problem is the adding up of nerfs prior to that.Several traits, both offensive and defensive were murdered or deleted.Damage, both power and condi was gutted.Phantasmal rework was a poisoned gift as I've been saying since it was released it cut out a lot of damage and added a lot of setting time to burst.

@"JTGuevara.9018" said:Bwahahah!!...I just...can't with this community sometimes...

Sorry but if only 1 guys does it (with hudge teamplay combo) while the next one is 1k miles away, it's more about the superhuman facts <3

No one stops you from making the same "teamplay combo". I am pretty sure there are more mirages high ranked than you think. Also 2v2 isnt the measure for balance 5v5 is. What do you care what is optimal at high end level anyway? You can get to plat using a mirage dont worry. Just get good at the game.

There is 5 mesmers in this game who can ask me to be good at the game, you aren't one of them, so don't start pulling me on this subject.Profite this period until mesmer get balanced again.

I remember playing 5v1 against pro player in cs 1.6 good old days.we had ak, he had pistol.even tho his gun was 4-5 times better and he was outnumbered 5 to 1, he had about 60% winrate against us.Point is, misha could propably not even use some of his utilities as BM and still be at the top, becouse he is much better then the rest.

@Axl.8924 said:

This.The dodge is the least of mesmer problems, problem is the adding up of nerfs prior to that.Several traits, both offensive and defensive were murdered or deleted.Damage, both power and condi was gutted.Phantasmal rework was a poisoned gift as I've been saying since it was released it cut out a lot of damage and added a lot of setting time to burst.

It is funny how both extrema (Mesmer mains and Mesmer hater) completely miss the point: The one dodge change is the bad one, all previous nerfs were not the ones completely contradicting the mechanic of Mirage and dumbing it down. They were adjustment balance moves most of them i agree to (talking about the ones directed to the Mirage traitline, not the overnerf of shatters in terms of condi application). Even when Anet would remove all previous nerfs and only do the one dodge change it still would be completely unlogical nonsense and bad. It still would not solve any balance issue only Condimirage has (noobfriendly and passive playstyle) while still dumbing down the mechanic doubled instead higher the skill requirement to play Condimirage, while it still would overnerf and dumb down Powermirage for no reason. And that also is the point why Condimirage, just with another build, is still playable with some success (even though playing just Necro, Ele, Fb, Ranger or Condirev would be a way easier life) while Powermirage is only for masochists while also being dumbed down. The one dodge change did not solve any issue Condimirage had, it only dumbs down the elite mechanic as it dumps down dodge management in general (means would dumb down dodge management on all classes, Mirage only gets double dumbed down because it also contradicts the elite mechanic itself).And the biggest nonsense are arguments like "look you still can play Mirage just switch to mistake cover and low skill-friendly traitlines and toxic retargeting skills" and don't care that skillful builds on Mirage are compeltely butchered for the sake of not even solving any issue from Condimirage.

That not even Mesmer mains get it leaves me open-mouthed!

Just quote myself for a balance idea to make even Condimriage a higher skill ceiling spec while still balancing the power of it down to the post patch lvl so it will not be op after getting 2 dodges back:

@"bravan.3876" said:The problem is, when you now add more endurance reggen to a one dodge only bar it gets even more braindead spammy. Means you will even more force the situation where you just dumbed down the spec while not even solving any issue and make it more and more spammy and more and more dumbed down and passive the more endurance reggen you add.They just should give Mirage 2 dodges back and then adjust ambush dmg down to a balanced lvl. Like lower gs ambush dmg from the Mirage itself (the clones do not rly do much dmg anyway, maybe reduce the might and vulnerability stacks a little bit) and rework Condi ambushes into something more being about effects and not dmg. Like you can make axe ambush stack a balanced amount of condition-dmg-stats for a short duration to force offensive dodges before goind for an axe 3 shatter burst, staff ambush can stack condition duration stat for a short duration, scepter could get a very little and well animated and with decent casttime added immob (1/4s on Mesmers, 1/8s on clones as duration, or just 1/4 on all skills while Mesmers own ambush has a little bit dmg in addition to be stronger than clone ambushes), that would force the Mesmer into offensive dodges to hit a short immob to prepare and secure a scepter 3 hit for example. Another possibility would be chill for scepter. Scepter ambush in general should be reworked to something with less single hits. Make it a one hit skill. For those changes condi clone ambushes ofc lose most of their condistacks (on scepter clones wouldn't do any dmg aside form stacking the effect). So you would need to dodge offensive to prepare a condi "burst" or a hit of bigger and active condiskills like shatters or weaponskills. These are just examples, there are lot of ways to rework condi ambushes and/ or nerf their dmg to a balanced lvl with giving 2 dodges back while keeping Mirage not op compared to the overall nerfed post patch situation.

If you only give 2 dodges back to Mirage into the current situation where most stuff is nerfed too, it would probably be too op (at least on Condimirage, probably also on Power). So you ofc need to compensate the more dodges with nerfs at other places. And reworking amsbushes and nerfing ambush dmg where needed (from either Mesmers own ambush or clone ambushes) should be done in terms of higher skill ceiling and less passive playstyle anyway.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Aza.2105 said:This is the best state the game has been in a long time, yet people are still crying. Its a shame.

not everyone plays thief,necro,warrior,rev or guard :D

What problem you have with Thieves? I mean there are braindead Thief builds for certain (they are mostly not meta) but i would replace Thief with Ele here by far.