2v2 - PUG partner DCs - Play 3 rounds 1v2 - Still lose -13 rating

This is garbage.

I tried some yolo queue today. I had a match where my PUG partner left or DC'd or w/e happened, before the gate even opened on the first round. The guy did not come back for the 3 rounds that I played by myself. I still lost -13 rating for it.

Why did this mode get released with that programming to begin with? Clearly if a PUG partner leaves you alone for 3 rounds, you should not lose rating for that match.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:were you on ranger? might be why they left.l-e-l

No, I've been playing Core Necro in 2v2s.

But the guys on the opposite team said they had been queueing for quite some time and that the guy who left on me had also done it to several other people tonight.

Pretty cool man.

that sucks dood. cmon anet fix em up.

I’m not sure wth were you thinking queing solo and expecting positive results. I’m sporting a “healthy” negative record this season because of it. Solo que in conquest while not recommended, is still a viable options cuz you have a pool of 5 players. If one sucks, the rest of the team can pull extra effort and still win. In 2s, if your teammate sucks you’re screwed. Your odds drop to sub 40%.

Ergo, don’t do it! If rating matters to you and you’re not just testing builds, stick to duoq.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I can be your duo, I'm not as bad as they make me out to be

If I apply gradual progression of skill, based on the last time we dueled. You outta be top tier material, while ignoring player limitations. Basically, what I’m saying is if you can’t place top 150, you should rethink your ways or the class you play.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I can be your duo, I'm not as bad as they make me out to be

If I apply gradual progression of skill, based on the last time we dueled. You outta be top tier material, while ignoring player limitations. Basically, what I’m saying is if you can’t place top 150, you should rethink your ways or the class you play.

Thanks. I'll keep working and I'm trying to find a dueling guild. My other favs are ranger war and guard.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Thanks. I'll keep working and I'm trying to find a dueling guild. My other favs are ranger war and guard.

pretty sure the PvP discord guys have a guild now, I'd start there.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:This is garbage.

I tried some yolo queue today. I had a match where my PUG partner left or DC'd or w/e happened, before the gate even opened on the first round. The guy did not come back for the 3 rounds that I played by myself. I still lost -13 rating for it.

Why did this mode get released with that programming to begin with? Clearly if a PUG partner leaves you alone for 3 rounds, you should not lose rating for that match.They’re right in making you lose rating otherwise your partner could leave the match after a loss or unfavorable matchup to keep your rating.

@phokus.8934 said:

Why did this mode get released with that programming to begin with? Clearly if a PUG partner leaves you alone for 3 rounds, you should not lose rating for that match.They’re right in making you lose rating otherwise your partner could leave the match after a loss or unfavorable matchup to keep your rating.

No. That it as ridiculous as claiming the same thing for 5v5.

Did you not read and completely compress what I said? Before the match even began, before the gate even opened, some guy leaves on me. No rounds were played. The game had just loaded in before round 1. The gate had not even opened yet. No blows were even traded in the game before the person left.

If it was a partied duo sure, but not with PUGs. Losing -13 from such a scenario is garbage. It should use the same rule as conquest. If someone is gone for 2+ minutes and it is a SOLO QUEUE JOIN PUG, the other person should not lose rating.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

No. That it as ridiculous as claiming the same thing for 5v5.

Did you not read and completely compress what I said? Before the match even began, before the gate even opened, some guy leaves on me. No rounds were played. The game had just loaded in before round 1. The gate had not even opened yet. No blows were even traded in the game before the person left.

If it was a partied duo sure, but not with PUGs. Losing -13 from such a scenario is garbage. It should use the same rule as conquest. If someone is gone for 2+ minutes and it is a
SOLO QUEUE JOIN PUG,
the other person should not lose rating.Yep and it doesn’t matter if he left. You can still preserve rating by looking at the players and comp so you deserve to lose rating.

The more sensible approach is to scrap the game, kick everyone back into queue (if there is a leaver before the game starts).

I already let Trevor know, but the guy who left suddenly before the match started was me.

What happened was my cat puked on the fan grating while I was playing. I didn't hear the warning sounds because I was wearing noise cancelling headphones.It was the worst kind too, it was pure liquid. My computer shorted immediately and I wasn't able to get back on until about 2 hours later when whatever it was on my machine evaporated.

The story where I had been doing this more than once that night is complete BS though. Not to mention, even if I did the dishonor would kick in so rampantly that it would be impossible to do so.

I didn't intentionally leave the match on purpose, s**t happens.

Out of 580 matches I played, I only left 1 for the reason mentioned above.