Gear templates

@Hashberry.4510 said:Is it possible to share gear between templates?

On the character, yes.

You can have any item on as many templates as you want for a character. Once an item is loaded into any templates, it is placed in the template storage for that character (and remain there until it is removed from all templates it is used in). This item can now get used across any template that character has, with legendary items even allowing of changing of runes/sigils/infusions between temapltes.

@Hashberry.4510 said:For example, I want to use the same trinkets in two templates. Would I need duplicate trinkets?

No, as long as it's the exact same item. For ascended items that means the same item with same runes/sigils/infusions across all templates it is used on.

As long as both templates are used by the same character you can use the items as many times as you like. I'm currently doing the opposite, my ranger has two equipment templates set up which use the same armour but different trinkets, because it's what she was using before we had templates when I didn't want to carry around a full second set of equipment in my bags.

Incidentally if you do this don't forget that to get an item into your inventory you have to remove it from all the templates. More than once I've started worrying that I somehow lost an ascended item because it's not equipped and not in my bags, then remembered it's on a different template!