Weapon Skills that need Changes

DonArkanio.6419

Coalescence of Ruin

Coalescence of Ruin is at the moment a pretty unreliable skill making Hammer very clunky. It lacks ability to target enemies, its' damage has been flattened and the Sound FX are gone. I don't think that Devs like the idea of CoR hitting as hard as it did in the past. But I believe there are other ways around it. Maybe make the skill AoE. Or make CoR be something completely different.

Surge of the Mists

I don't think this one needs much explanation. The wind-up time for SotM feels awful and actually does nothing but harm to the player. It's now more of a punish skill. It deosn't reward you much for good timing and positioning, since it does close to 0 damage now.

Crystal Hibernation

I just feel like this skill could be a bit more interesting. I like the the Block and Heal function but I feel it's too selfish. Many people don't like the root, I think it can stay if this skill gave you something for being rooted.

Bloodbane Path

Again, unreliable option against moving targets. Even in PvE this skill can have a hard time hitting if an enemy is running. Revenant's weapon skill require Energy, so if this skill bugs, then you pretty much throw 5 Energy into trash.

Unrelenting Assault

This skill bugs frequently, be it casting from elevated ground, not following the target, dealing 0 damage.

Searing Fissure

Searing Fissure's VFX is bugged. The fissure goes outside of the AoE of this skill.

Suggestions

• Bring back Duelist's Preperations to OH Sword #4 Shackling Waves.
  • Keep the low damage of Surge of the Mists. Delete the wind-up time and make it instant cast.
  • Add a pulse of healing wave for 5 allies after Crystal Hibernation ends.
  • Speed up the projectiles in Bloodbane Path, or rework it.

And that's about it. I feel like these weapon skills could use some love as currently I just don't enjoy using them because of their bugs, clunkiness and unrewarding functionality.

What are your thoughts on this?

I would give the block to sw2 instead of sw4 because actualy sw4 is the best dps skill swords have and if changed it would get nerfed in dmg wich would be bad for pve builds and i think to pvp builds too .For CoR i would give hammer in general more dmg and cor itself maybe making it shorter or making it so you cant "spam it" i mean a bit longer cd but with the hammer dmg increased in general to make is a usable weapon.In shield either let you move , being able to block everything or giving it a pulse of healing or some boon for aliesSb maybe trident threatment ? And sb 2 a bit more comftable for pvpAs for sotm i dont think the cast is needed

Absolutely agree. Most of our weapons are bugged and feel like trash now. Unfortunately, I've been reporting most of the bugs mentioned above repeatedly (like at least once a week on average) since the bugs entered the game. In cases like Unrelenting Assault that's years worth of reports and they're just not doing anything to fix them. It's absolutely infuriating and frustrating to watch the class I love fall apart more and more every patch as they continually introduce functionality bugs that make the class feel like ass

u forgot Axe 4 - Frigid Blitz

• it still throws everyone off of every platform in the game.
  • doesnt hit properly
  • Wiki: "Unlike other teleport skills, this skill cause the player to be effected by all aoe skills in its path."
  • sometimes the axe doesnt even fly, just turns u to fog for a sec and wastes your energy

it should make people evade for the 1sec where u fly, like sword 3

....and shield 4 should fly faster

I like the ideas but I would like to give some of my suggestions :

Using Warding Rift will enable SotM as a flip skill for 5 seconds before going on a reduced cooldown, restore the instant cast, damage can still reflect CC damage nerfs in competitive modes.

• This will allow us a new Staff 5, for more utility
  • People have no right to complain about "SotM has no tell, OP" because Warding Rift literally tells that an SotM is coming soon.

Unrelenting Assault should have their windup removed to aid in smoother casts.

• Smoke Assault from Soulbeast and Smokescale already instant casts with no windup, and they never ever bug. Revenant's Unrelenting Assault being functionally a similar skill should also behave this way.
  • needless to say, uneven ground bugs should also be looked at because it goes into cooldown anyway when casted from even a slight elevation.

Bloodbane Path should be reprogrammed as a hitscan instead of firing 3 projectiles which do not track from 3 random locations around the target.

• As it stands now, 1 in 3 Bloodbane Paths miss entirely, and a majority of Bloodbane Paths hit only 2 of 3 hits.
  • Reprogram it as a hitscan like how Earth Dagger auto behaves to avoid this from happening.

Sevenshot shouldn't need to have an "optimal firing range" in order to reliably land all shots.

• It's just a waste of Energy if yu can't land multiple projectiles, and it has an extremely wide cone base, making any target within 400 distance take like 1 of 7 hits, making this skill an absolute joke.
  • Make it a line target AoE with the same width as Jalis' Inspiring Reinforcement, reduce hits to 5, increase Torment per hit by 1.

Spiritcrush should have free targeting.

• This skill for some reason is only castable in the direction the Renegade is facing.
  • Really silly that a Renegade's shortbow skills supposedly "fires arrows through the mists" but has directional requirements.

I don't feel like making a new thread about weapons so I'm gonna post my suggestion for a Staff rework here instead seeing I have already mentioned some stuff I want with Staff here.

Revenant Staff - Current issues and current state

Staff right now went from a decent 3 skill weapon to a clunky 2 and a half skill weapon that feels extremely bad to use.

I think this weapon needs a serious rework in order to put some power back into it, while putting the intended nerfs to it for competitive into account.

Staff Auto :Not gonna lie, very weak, long animations, feels like utter doo doo and spawns the horrifyingly bad Healing Orb.

It's one saving grace is the Whirl Finisher.

Imo what can be done to make it better is to make Orbs spawn on the feet of the Revenant by default, but allow it to spawn at the end of a Whirl finisher's target.

This will make the Whirl Finisher in a Light or Water field a very nifty Healing orb delivery system.

Mender's Rebuke :Solid skill.Problem is the hitbox extremely small and has a really buggy thing about it where the skill will not deal any damage if the Revenant moves slightly out of the melee range even when the skill has finished casting.

Imo just make the skill have a faster cast and bigger AoE.

Warding Rift :As I have suggested before, combine Warding Rift and Surge of the Mists as a flip skill.

This will remove all complaints that SotM has no tell and we can put the instant cast back into SotM.

Oh is two powerful skills on a single cooldown Op?No. They cost Energy goddammit.

Renewing Wave :Decent skill.I'm okay with this skill.

New Staff 5 :Alright time has come to figure out a new Staff 5.I have figured a way to make a new explosive Staff 5 which will single handedly make Healing Orbs not garbage.

Essence Pulse :Deals x damage in a 450 radius.

Detonates any Healing orbs in the area, healing for their value in a 200 radius around themselves and dealing small damage in the same detonation radius.

This will not only cause Healing orbs to have a better healing Area of effect which can be manually applied by the Revenant, but also turns them into a bomb.

This can also allow Revs to run Salvation aggressively with traits like Healer's Gift, Words of Censure and Generous Abundance to generate more Healing orbs to be used as mini bombs or to provide more healing with more control.