realy bad fps

hello,i have a problem in game my fps are so lowin wvw i have 15/20fps in LA 25/30fps in any world event tequatl or jormag is the same 20fpshow is possible?i play in full hd 144hzmy computer is :32gb ram 3200mh1070 gtx 8gbryzen 7 1700xand the game run in a ssdin game msi afterburner marksgpu 45° and 38%cpu 50° and 27%how is possible?

@"BRNBRITO.9624" said:Take a screenshot of your graphic settings

https://ibb.co/H4GmQ6G

System Information

Time of this report: 3/16/2020, 20:17:05         Machine name: DESKTOP-2LS48JH           Machine Id: {4C178149-AE68-4866-A5DE-B19EB33449FC}     Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)             Language: Italian (Regional Setting: Italian)  System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.         System Model: MS-7B77                 BIOS: Default System BIOS (type: BIOS)            Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor           (16 CPUs), ~3.0GHz               Memory: 32768MB RAM  Available OS Memory: 32716MB RAM            Page File: 12657MB used, 24922MB available          Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS      DirectX Version: DirectX 12  DX Setup Parameters: Not found     User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)   System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)      DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled             Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not SupportedDirectX Database Version: UnknownDxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

Display Devices

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070    Manufacturer: NVIDIA       Chip type: GeForce GTX 1070        DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC     Device Type: Full Device (POST)      Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B81&SUBSYS_1B8110B0&REV_A1   Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 

Device Problem Code: No ProblemDriver Problem Code: UnknownDisplay Memory: 24446 MBDedicated Memory: 8088 MBShared Memory: 16358 MBCurrent Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (165Hz)HDR Support: Not SupportedDisplay Topology: InternalDisplay Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709Color Primaries: Red(0.639648,0.329102), Green(0.299805,0.597656), Blue(0.149414,0.059570), White Point(0.279297,0.288086)Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000Monitor Name: Generic PnP MonitorMonitor Model: Optix AG32CMonitor Id: MSI1462Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)Output Type: Displayport ExternalMonitor Capabilities: HDR Not SupportedDisplay Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPPAdvanced Color: Not SupportedDriver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_86e7a5db5f94798e\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_86e7a5db5f94798e\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_86e7a5db5f94798e\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsi.inf_amd64_86e7a5db5f94798e\nvldumdx.dllDriver File Version: 26.21.0014.4219 (English)Driver Version: 26.21.14.4219DDI Version: 12Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1Driver Model: WDDM 2.6Graphics Preemption: PixelCompute Preemption: DispatchMiracast: Not Supported by Graphics driverDetachable GPU: NoHybrid Graphics GPU: Not SupportedPower P-states: Not SupportedVirtualization: ParavirtualizationBlock List: No BlocksCatalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:TrueDriver Attributes: Final RetailDriver Date/Size: 29/01/2020 01:00:00, 962496 bytesWHQL Logo'd: n/aWHQL Date Stamp: n/aDevice Identifier: {D7B71E3E-58C1-11CF-7B63-8F3B1BC2D735}Vendor ID: 0x10DEDevice ID: 0x1B81SubSys ID: 0x1B8110B0Revision ID: 0x00A1Driver Strong Name: oem84.inf:0f066de361866ac3:Section046:26.21.14.4219:pci\ven_10de&dev_1b81Rank Of Driver: 00CF2001

Gw2 is far more CPU intense than GPU like most other games.

I have a 4.00Ghz i7-6700K which runs this game extremely well at more or less max settings, less cores but more speed per core than your Ryzen I think.

Im not 100% sure on the technical side of things but I think I read a long time ago that Gw2 doesnt utalize more than a set amounf of CPU cores (2-4 I think) and that the game benefits far more from faster CPU's than it does from CPU's with more cores.In this case my 4,00Ghz I7 which only has 4 cores will run Gw2 better than your 3,4Ghz Ryzen with 8 cores despite the Ryzen being technically a more powerful CPU than my I7.

From all the information I can find looking up stuff a common theme that goes back years is that the best thing to have for Gw2 regarding CPU's is high single core performance.I really don't know much about all this stuff though so hopefully someone better informed can give you better info.

From your settings screenshot I noticed you're using Supersampling which I would strongly advise against for general play.This setting tends to cause far more performance problems than it gives you in any benefits tbh, even though my PC can run it in most situations I keep it on Native just to avoid unnecessary performance loss in combat etc.I also keep my Antialiasing on SMAA Low to again negate unnecessary performance losses, imo there is very little difference between SMAA low and SMAA high anyway.Pretty much all my other settings are maxed out except for Character model limit/quality which are set to high instead of highest and ever tickbox except vertical Sync is turned on.I limit my frames to 60 as well as I see no need what so ever to let the game run higher than that, just a waste of power imo.

Yeah, with those graphic settings i'd recommend trying low/lowest for Character model limit/quality and low for Shadows and see what results you get, sadly no computer can handle those too well on crowded areas, Native instead of Supersampling might have some effect as well but i'd leave it for last, and keep reflections for Terrain & Sky only.

Performance sounds ok, those 3 first options i mentioned will have the biggest impact by far on performance, and 1700x isn't that great on single-core.

For people saying "i get 150 fps on X place" it doesn't really mean much if you don't post your graphic settings, i can go from 180 to 45 FPS at the same place just from changing Char model limit/quality and Shadows, literally only 3 options.

unfortunately the game is horribly poorly optimized and still has a terrible graphics engine, I hope they improve this on the dlc they are planning, otherwise they don't need to bring more content because I will abandon gw2, it's past time to have a better engine, I have a gtx1080ti and don't drink anything because the game is never at 60 fps

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

And I always recommend giving d912pxy a try.[https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy/releases]2.1.1 is also now stable on my 5700xt, even improved fps on my old rig with an 3770K and a R580.You 1070 is fine for DX12, so give it a spin.Be patient though, compiling/caching the shaders when starting GW2 for the first time after install might take some time.

The fps are normal for a Ryzen 1700. This CPU has a poor IPC and GW2 doesn't benefit from its 16 threads.

Disable "reflections" and "shadows" to get more CPU performance for almost no visual tradeoff.

Don't waste your time with DX912PXY. It messes up your graphics settings and so seems to improve your fps, which itself is technically impossible. You can not get the benefits of DX12 multithreading via a wrapper.

@"KrHome.1920" said:The fps are normal for a Ryzen 1700. This CPU has a poor IPC and GW2 doesn't benefit from its 16 threads.

Disable "reflections" and "shadows" to get more CPU performance for almost no visual tradeoff.

Don't waste your time with DX912PXY. It messes up your graphics settings and so seems to improve your fps, which itself is technically impossible. You can not get the benefits of DX12 multithreading via a wrapper.

IPC of the 1700 is not THAT bad.Besides the correct advice regarding reflections etc. I would very much stick with giving dx912pxy a try. It does not help in every occasion, my personal experience is very good though.Efford of giving it a try is not really high. It either helps or not. Your mileage might be different.But simply discarding it in general is not a wise advice.

People are right when they say the game has a CPU bottleneck rather than GPU and usually in single-core performance. Despite having a high-end Ryzen CPU, you need to overclock it to reach better speeds. it's why people with 5Ghz CPU's run the game far better, but even then, it's not 100%. Models will always dip the game down to lower FPS. You'll never get 60 FPS everywhere and during anything because most MMO's are not built like single-player or multi-player games. They are built very differently and are harder to optimize. You also have to consider this game was made back in, what, 2012? It's coming up on 8 years and it's showing its age.

Overclock your CPU if you have a decent fan cooler or AIO/Liquid Cooler and try to get as high as possible while keeping stable. That will definitely help. I'm running a Ryzen 5 2600 at 3.85Ghz and it's pretty fast, but slows down a bit more with Reshade on. If I disable Reshade, I can get 60+ FPS in various areas, but never in meta events or big battles and I don't expect to either.

I have:Resolution: Windowed FulllscreenRefresh rate: DefaultFrame limiter: 60...Animation: LowAntialiasing: FXAAEnvironment: HighLOD Distance: HighReflections: NoneTextures: HighRender Sampling: Native:Shadows: NoneShaders: HighPostprocessing: NoneCharacter Model Limit: HighestCharacter Model Quality: HighestAmbient Occlusion: OnBest Texture Filtering: OnDepth Blur: OffEffect LOD: OnHigh-Res Character Textures: OnLight Adaptation: (is grayed, cant click)Vertical Sync: OffMotion Blur Power: at zero

I also run Reshade to get more sharp image. LumaSharpen and Clarity filter. I hate "blur".

FPS is at 60 everywhere as long as its not big wide open area with big number of players. But even then its above 50 FPS.

The biggest impact, for my PC is: Postproccesing and Shadows.

@"Pirogen.9561" said:I have:Resolution: Windowed FulllscreenRefresh rate: DefaultFrame limiter: 60...Animation: LowAntialiasing: FXAAEnvironment: HighLOD Distance: HighReflections: NoneTextures: HighRender Sampling: Native:Shadows: NoneShaders: HighPostprocessing: NoneCharacter Model Limit: HighestCharacter Model Quality: HighestAmbient Occlusion: OnBest Texture Filtering: OnDepth Blur: OffEffect LOD: OnHigh-Res Character Textures: OnLight Adaptation: (is grayed, cant click)Vertical Sync: OffMotion Blur Power: at zero

I also run Reshade to get more sharp image. LumaSharpen and Clarity filter. I hate "blur".

FPS is at 60 everywhere as long as its not big wide open area with big number of players. But even then its above 50 FPS.

The biggest impact, for my PC is: Postproccesing and Shadows.

ok tnks,today i try with this option

• 2 months later...

I had the same issue and just gave up on it. I then came across a video on optimizing some settings. All I can say is give it a go. I went from barely playable below 60fps, now I'm well over 100 even in the city.I was very doubtful until I launched a few different games.

• 1 year later...

I want to share this maybe some have the same issue as me. I have a pretty decent pc. i7-9700k/GTX3070. And the problem was the RAM freqeuncy. This was bottlenecking the CPU which would bottleneck the use of GPU. It was set to default (2133Mhz in bios) and I switched it to 3600Mhz which was the value of the RAM and all started to run smoothly, and together with DX11 beta activated increased a lot. I get 50+fps in LA now.