Mirage change in build

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Hello Mesmers/Chronos/Mirages,

I have mained Mirage in WvW (which is what I mainly do) since shortly after its release. Started with the op af condi, and when it got nerfed initially, went DPS. Hated sword (which was meta...dunno if it still is as i rarely run meta) as well as never used staff. Found a love of DPS Axe.

That said, I am aware the DPS portion of the axe was nerfed despite most complaints were caused by the condi aspect, however I still loved it. GS was a given as was torch for me.Just before patch I started to run a diff class/build so I have something to co-main (swapped between many classes but wanted to settle on one). Ran Mirage post patch as my build was and needless to say, that i less dodge killed my toon (literally lol) so, I am looking to adapt to compensate for the lack of dodges and looking at changing stats/sigils/some traits. Put too much time into my Mirage (fashion/build tweaks...etc)

I am currently running marau/valk with strength/air on GS and air/energy on Axe/torch. I also understand it will be a while before I can get the trinkets with the mentioned stats due to drops from certain events.

I am open for constructive criticism. Some aspects im not open to changing (ie ditching GS, some traits...etc). The soul of the build is clone generation and detargeting/hard to hit without spamming evades.

Lemme know what you think.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEd/lRwkYcsLmJW0XlvWA-zVRYDRNAn4PEextJFyUFo4ZpKzI-w

@Magolith.9412 said:I would prefer marauders for the HP over diviners. Get ~20% better crit chance & 5k+ more HP. & you'll still have high uptime on fury/might/vigor.

Swapped to Diviners to keep the vigor/fury (due to loss of crit %) uptime up as much as I could...that was my way of compensating for loss of a dodge.

I could swap my valk for marauder, or use marauder trinkets and diviner weps. I just want my endurance regen to be enough that it doesnt hurt as much to lose that dodge

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:It seems you're going max clone amount generation.The problem is that some traits/skills are subpar.Desperate decoy interrupts what you're doing and can get you killed.Decoy has too much of a CD.Since you've diviners you could benefit from phantasmal haste.

Hmm never looked into that. I will swap out desperate decoy for phantasmal fury (which I assume thats what you are referring to) and try that. Thanks for the idea.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:It seems you're going max clone amount generation.The problem is that some traits/skills are subpar.Desperate decoy interrupts what you're doing and can get you killed.Decoy has too much of a CD.Since you've diviners you could benefit from phantasmal haste.

Hmm never looked into that. I will swap out desperate decoy for phantasmal fury (which I assume thats what you are referring to) and try that. Thanks for the idea.

Naa, was referring to phantasmal haste instead of escape artist.But it all depends. If you want max amount of clone generation then the build is good the way it is now.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Naa, was referring to phantasmal haste instead of escape artist.But it all depends. If you want max amount of clone generation then the build is good the way it is now.

That is an interesting change to look into. Clone generation is important here, however that quickness......