Siren's Reef | The Boss Fight

Fractal difficulty? Imo from pugging t4s (non cms)

T0 (Pug killers): Siren's Reef, Mai TrinnT1 (Kittenshow with bad instabilities): Twilight Oasis, Thaumanova Reactor (awful with Social Awkwardness)T2 (Troublesome): Underground Facility (Ice Elemental), Shattered Observatory, Snowblind, DeepstoneT3(Can go either way): Molten Boss, Aquatic, Cliffside, Aetherblade, Urban Battlegrounds (mostly the first part), Chaos (That depends if you have stability)T4 (Easy): Volcanic, Jade Maw (T0 if you fall asleep) , Molten Furnace.Free (who fails these?): Nightmare, Uncategorized

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having played CMs, I think this fractal is just as hard as 100 CM but not as hard as 99 CM, which is great if you love doing CMs; unfun if you never do CMs. You need certain roles in your team to finish t4 Siren’s Reef:

1. Reflectors and area blocks - an HB must bring wall of reflection in addition to the shield and F3-3 skills. If there is a revenant, the tablet reflect will do wonders. A tempest can do somewhat well with party reflects. Spellbreaker should bring the elite bubble, necros equip corrosive poison cloud, mesmers take Feedback. This will alleviate most of the pressure from the 50 adds so you can effectively ignore them.
  2. DPS booster - I’d highly recommend a banner slave to increase everyone’s damage, otherwise the healer and mechanics will overwhelm the party if the battle drags on.
  3. Stripper - those elite quartermasters apply protection often, making the battle take forever if you don’t have a boon stripper - necros and revs excel at this; mesmers, thieves, and spellbreakers to a lesser degree.
  4. Healer with strong condi removal - if you have ppl who are bad at dodging the winds, they can have 15 stacks of confusion and torment on by the time they get back on deck. This is even worse with the Afflicted instability. Something that will make the winds easier to navigate is to know the sequence of winds at each stage to save unnecessary double-dodging i.e. don’t dodge towards where the next wind will be.

With the above in place, the party can merely pay attention to the color of the circle on them, whether red or green, and the boss will be done in 5 minutes or less.

Like other fractals, ppl need to adjust their build accordingly. An unwillingness to modify makes the group struggle. There’s your fortune cookie message.

Siren's Reef QQ again?

Bring condi cleanse.Stack on boss.Pull mobs into boss.AoE.Bring projectile hate.Don't get blown.Park red circle elsewhere.

Rinse and repeat for each phase. Change your build for the boss/fractal if you need to.

I want to point out that a Guard with spirit weapons traited can pretty much upkeep the dome on Shield of the Avenger so long as they pace themselves with it. That plus SoJ and symbols should put mad stacks of burning on everything and both clear the mobs and provide heave DPS on the boss. This goes for Firebrand and Dragon Hunter as well.

Me & my CM group never fail Siren's reef, unless I run with a non-cm-pug group that day, but everytime we enter this particular fractal we would moans and complain the moment it was selected, even if it was just a rec.

I just dislike cluster salad that doesn't have a clear phasing.

Red circle on me must move away, the wind just happen to blown into the space I moved into, so I dodged but the boss saw me and also slam attacked me the split second after I dodged (plus whatever projetiles from the other mobs that also came in my way) - all of these were happen at the same time!!!! Ok after months of doing this fractal, I already knew how to dodge all of these, but everything of this fight especially with bad instab combo that day, was not a normal T4, it was a CM. I think they should relabel this fractal as a CM level.

Bonus complain was the eyes that as wide as the corridor that follows you.

@"Oogabooga.3812" said:If there is a revenant, the tablet reflect will do wonders.

Regarding this, if the renegade falls into the water, the tablet will disappear, and when you move out of the water, you need to re-cast the tablet, but that doesn't bring it back, you have to also "de-activate" the tablet 1st, then "re-activate" it again, then manually move to the constantly jumpy boss face palm (1 of the skill that I wish they'd improve so it's less clunky to use).

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:This week I had to drop from 2 different groups who wiped because they couldn't handle the blooms on Arkk - we got bigger issues than Siren's Reef. Actually just going to take a break from fractals for a bit as I'm tired of people wasting my time..

What is so hard about attacking the blooms with a range weapon until they hit a tower... Its quicker than dragging them to the towers...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:This week I had to drop from 2 different groups who wiped because they couldn't handle the blooms on Arkk - we got bigger issues than Siren's Reef. Actually just going to take a break from fractals for a bit as I'm tired of people wasting my time..

What is so hard about attacking the blooms with a range weapon until they hit a tower... Its quicker than dragging them to the towers...

Or you just wait on an edge. attack it once and go to mid. not everyone has a ranged weapon.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

Or you just wait on an edge. attack it once and go to mid. not everyone has a ranged weapon.

True, but several weapons do have a ranged, even 600 units, skill. I use Throw Axe myself.

Aaand this is why power scrapper is so great for fractals, especially fractals like Siren's Reef.-It has insane amounts of cleave.-Due to barrier from damage it does with cleave, it's immortal there (and in any fractal with lots of mobs).-It has lots of AoE boon strip through mines.-It has anti-projectile bubble with AoE stab with 25% uptime.-It has good amount of AoE CC.-It provides superspeed which helps with all that running.-It has Function Gyro AoE resses.Having even one decent power scrapper in squad pretty much trivializes that fractal.

@LadyKitty.6120 said:Aaand this is why power scrapper is so great for fractals, especially fractals like Siren's Reef.-It has insane amounts of cleave.-Due to barrier from damage it does with cleave, it's immortal there (and in any fractal with lots of mobs).-It has lots of AoE boon strip through mines.-It has anti-projectile bubble with AoE stab with 25% uptime.-It has good amount of AoE CC.-It provides superspeed which helps with all that running.-It has Function Gyro AoE resses.Having even one decent power scrapper in squad pretty much trivializes that fractal.

I mean, sure, but you could bring an Epi Scourge and do more damage, bring more utility (like barrier for everyone), be more tanky, and all with an easier rotation.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@LadyKitty.6120 said:Aaand this is why power scrapper is so great for fractals, especially fractals like Siren's Reef.-It has insane amounts of cleave.-Due to barrier from damage it does with cleave, it's immortal there (and in any fractal with lots of mobs).-It has lots of AoE boon strip through mines.-It has anti-projectile bubble with AoE stab with 25% uptime.-It has good amount of AoE CC.-It provides superspeed which helps with all that running.-It has Function Gyro AoE resses.Having even one decent power scrapper in squad pretty much trivializes that fractal.

I mean, sure, but you could bring an Epi Scourge and do more damage, bring more utility (like barrier for everyone), be more tanky, and all with an easier rotation.This. If you or your group has a Full Magi Mercy Heal Scourge it makes this fight a face roll provided people don't get knocked off the boat repeatedly.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

I mean, sure, but you could bring an Epi Scourge and do more damage, bring more utility (like barrier for everyone), be more tanky, and all with an easier rotation.

Or you could just play good fractal builds like cfb. way more dps, better cleave, better support, way better burst. F1 resets like everywhere.

@Excursion.9752 said:

I mean, sure, but you could bring an Epi Scourge and do more damage, bring more utility (like barrier for everyone), be more tanky, and all with an easier rotation.This. If you or your group has a Full Magi Mercy Heal Scourge it makes this fight a face roll provided people don't get knocked off the boat repeatedly.

Why waste a slot on a spec that gives 0 boons/utility and just lenghtens the fight?

@Nephalem.8921 said:Or you could just play good fractal builds like cfb. way more dps, better cleave, better support, way better burst. F1 resets like everywhere.Why waste a slot on a spec that gives 0 boons/utility and just lenghtens the fight?

Not everyone is a Meta-elitist you know.Most people play what they have fun with, which isn't necessarily the highest potential output.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:Aaand this is why power scrapper is so great for fractals, especially fractals like Siren's Reef.-It has insane amounts of cleave.-Due to barrier from damage it does with cleave, it's immortal there (and in any fractal with lots of mobs).-It has lots of AoE boon strip through mines.-It has anti-projectile bubble with AoE stab with 25% uptime.-It has good amount of AoE CC.-It provides superspeed which helps with all that running.-It has Function Gyro AoE resses.Having even one decent power scrapper in squad pretty much trivializes that fractal.

1. When doing cleave against mobs with low HP, condi is usually inferior compared to power (except fast burners aka. cFB). Epi has target limit and long CD, other scourge's stuffs don't cleave well.
  2. Even kitless hammer scrapper benches about same as condi scourge, thanks to latest balance patch, but beats scourge by good margin in fractals due to dealing front-loaded power damage instead of back-loaded condi damage.
  3. Scourge loses in utility, plain and simple. Condi scourge does provide tiny amounts of barrier...but scrapper provides tons of other things while also bringing minor heals and acting as damage sponge for allies with Bulwark Gyro. Oh, Kitty forgot to mention that scrapper can also knock mobs into squad for cleave with Throw Mine, btw.
  4. And speaking of barrier and survivability, nothing beats scrapper, plain and simple. Even in raids, a good kitless hammer scrapper can sustain 99%+ scholar uptime, Kitty's personally had 100% a couple times, even at bosses where everyone else has 85%ish. How?It has this fancy trait "Impact Savant" which gives you barrier equal to 15% of damage you do to mobs. If you do 25k dps to boss, that alone means 3750 barrier per second with barrier capped to about 7500. Now, add lots of trash mobs. Lots of hammer scrapper's skills have 240-360 radius with 5-target cap. Realistically that means 15-20k dps to other targets than the boss if you have lots of trash to cleave, like you always have in SR. And that means about 9-12k barrier per second from cleave alone and another 3,5k from boss for about 15k personal barrier per sec and that's 100% sustainable as long as there's stuff to cleave. And it also has channeled block and evade-on-skill. So please tell about scourge's superior survivability.
  5. Kitless hammer scrapper is "spam everything off-CD" unless you want to save some specific utility a couple secs in some fractals. So point about scourge being easier: nullified.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:Or you could just play good fractal builds like cfb. way more dps, better cleave, better support, way better burst. F1 resets like everywhere.Why waste a slot on a spec that gives 0 boons/utility and just lenghtens the fight?

Not everyone is a Meta-elitist you know.Most people play what they have fun with, which isn't necessarily the highest potential output.

The people who think that way are the ones whose groups disband in T4 Sirens, and then they come to the forums demanding nerfs to the fight. If people want to shun the most efficient builds because they would rather 'play what they want', great stuff, just don't do it in my group, thanks, because I'd rather just 1 shot T4 Sirens w/ We Bleed Fire or whatever, and be clearing my bags while they will be stuck in LFG trying to replace the 1-2 people who dropped from their group.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@"Excursion.9752" said:

Why waste a slot on a spec that gives 0 boons/utility and just lenghtens the fight?To pick people up off the ground. Restarting a fight takes way longer than having a heal scourge in your group. Barrier is a boon in my book anyways BYOB(Bring Your Own Boons :wink:). How much alacrity, might, and quickness are being used by the dead?

Group resurrections are amazing. You can resurrect your whole team in literally seconds is great for near wipes. Plus now with Build & Equipment templates and can swap in and out of DPS per encounter. My Necro Has both a Power Reaper & Heal Scourge Hot Swap.

Heal Scourges get a bad wrap because of the whole "it brings no boons to the group" train of thought. I think not having to restart a fight is a pretty big boon. Just not the kind everyone thinks of.

I made one a while back because I witnessed all the greatness that is a Heal Scourge from another player. They literally placed the whole team on their back and carried us across the finish line during a crazy instability night in a T4 Twilight Oasis.

If you are a person that prefers meta comps then yeah you probably don't need this but if you like to be able to play with anyone this is great to have on stand by.

@Excursion.9752 said:

Why waste a slot on a spec that gives 0 boons/utility and just lenghtens the fight?To pick people up off the ground. Restarting a fight takes way longer than having a heal scourge in your group. Barrier is a boon in my book anyways BYOB(Bring Your Own Boons :wink:). How much alacrity, might, and quickness are being used by the dead?

Group resurrections are amazing. You can resurrect your whole team in literally seconds is great for near wipes. Plus now with Build & Equipment templates and can swap in and out of DPS per encounter. My Necro Has both a Power Reaper & Heal Scourge Hot Swap.

Heal Scourges get a bad wrap because of the whole "it brings no boons to the group" train of thought. I think not having to restart a fight is a pretty big boon. Just not the kind everyone thinks of.

I made one a while back because I witnessed all the greatness that is a Heal Scourge from another player. They literally placed the whole team on their back and carried us across the finish line during a crazy instability night in a T4 Twilight Oasis.

If you are a person that prefers meta comps then yeah you probably don't need this but if you like to be able to play with anyone this is great to have on stand by.

And meanwhile you could actually use some gears with boon duration (doesn't even need to be super-much, 50% BD is more than enough) and at least give full might for allies. With Pack runes, you could also provide swiftness and some fury while being just as good carrier as magi's scourge. Magi's Mercy Scourge is literally the worst waste of good potential when it comes to supports (and Kitty's not the only player who's quite unhappy about Teapot having made the worst possible version of the build popular instead of the more useful ones like Kitty's magiharrier boon/heal or SC's epiheal).

I like having fractals like this in the game because it helps balance the need and usefulness of certain classes when they aren't necessarily the "ideal" (read: highest benchmarked) dps classes, like reapers and scourges and mirages. It is a bit long (one stage too many) but I'm all for end fights that add in variety compared to other fractals, like this one does.

@"Bridget Morrigan.1752" said:I like having fractals like this in the game because it helps balance the need and usefulness of certain classes when they aren't necessarily the "ideal" (read: highest benchmarked) dps classes, like reapers and scourges and mirages. It is a bit long (one stage too many) but I'm all for end fights that add in variety compared to other fractals, like this one does.

But mirage is horrible in that fight and scourge only good in a very bad team. stack 2-3cfb and the boss dies before you can blink.Cfb is one of the highest benchmark onesand optimal there. that thing is just op in most normal t4s.