It’s time to roll out! “Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire” is now live.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is a 5-10 man instanced strike required to complete the story? Requiring other players for story content hasn't been a thing since before you made killing Zhaitan a soloable instance. I am not happy about this. I get you want people to do strikes, but forcing it on people who want to play the main story is not the way to go about it.

I prefer my first playthrough of new story content to be done solo so that I don't have the distraction of another player. Now, not only do I need another player, but if my friends arent online and willing to do it with me I am stuck with randoms who are even more of a disruption to my enjoyment of lore and story.

Bad choice Anet. Normally I am a "white knight" (as some people have tried to call me) about the game. But this really gets under my skin.

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:Why is a 5-10 man instanced strike required to complete the story? Requiring other players for story content hasn't been a thing since before you made killing Zhaitan a soloable instance. I am not happy about this. I get you want people to do strikes, but forcing it on people who want to play the main story is not the way to go about it.

I prefer my first playthrough of new story content to be done solo so that I don't have the distraction of another player. Now, not only do I need another player, but if my friends arent online and willing to do it with me I am stuck with randoms who are even more of a disruption to my enjoyment of lore and story.

Bad choice Anet. Normally I am a "white knight" (as some people have tried to call me) about the game. But this really gets under my skin.

If you mean the Steelwarband stuff it's all just side story. It's similar to a dungeon to be honest just with public access.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:Why is a 5-10 man instanced strike
required
to complete the story? Requiring other players for story content hasn't been a thing since before you made killing Zhaitan a soloable instance. I am not happy about this. I get you want people to do strikes, but forcing it on people who want to play the main story is not the way to go about it.

If you mean the Steelwarband stuff it's all just side story. It's similar to a dungeon to be honest just with public access.

Dungeons were never required to complete the story with the exception of killing Zhaitan and Anet changed that to a soloable instance for the story. This is a step backwards.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:Why is a 5-10 man instanced strike
required
to complete the story? Requiring other players for story content hasn't been a thing since before you made killing Zhaitan a soloable instance. I am not happy about this. I get you want people to do strikes, but forcing it on people who want to play the main story is not the way to go about it.

Dungeons were never required to complete the story with the exception of killing Zhaitan and Anet changed that to a soloable instance for the story. This is a step backwards.

Yeah they were all side story stuff that tied into the main plot. This is this same. It's not main story like in an episode. Unless I am missing something, you don't need to do this either to progress the main plot which will pick up naturally in episode 3 after SAB. It will just fill in some past details. Like the dungeons did for the DE story arc

@Randulf.7614 said:

required

Yeah they were all side story stuff that tied into the main plot. This is this same. It's not main story like in an episode. Unless I am missing something, you don't need to do this either to progress the main plot which will pick up naturally in episode 3 after SAB. It will just fill in some past details. Like the dungeons did for the DE story arc

It is different because this is a chapter in the story journal that can't be completed without doing it.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

required

It is different because this is a chapter in the story journal that can't be completed without doing it.

And it seems, that you have to finish this visons-episode, to be able to play the season 1 instances. But I am not sure about it, because the second strike mission/vision/story step can not be started because of a bug.

@Zok.4956 said:

required

And it seems, that you have to finish this visons-episode, to be able to play the season 1 instances. But I am not sure about it, because the second strike mission/vision/story step can not be started because of a bug.

OK, if true then I am a lot more understanding. Because LS1 would should not be locked behind future content. If that is the gripe, then I will agree with the problem if is true

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

required

OK, if true then I am a lot more understanding. Because LS1 would should not be locked behind future content. If that is the gripe, then I will agree with the problem if is true

Based on what Anet said in the release it is true that replaying things from LS1 is locked behind having this episode unlocked and completing the story.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:I prefer my first playthrough of new story content to be done solo so that I don't have the distraction of another player. Now, not only do I need another player, but if my friends arent online and willing to do it with me I am stuck with randoms who are even more of a disruption to my enjoyment of lore and story.

The first instance at least seems to scale for 1+ and can be easily completed solo.

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:Why is a 5-10 man instanced strike required to complete the story? Requiring other players for story content hasn't been a thing since before you made killing Zhaitan a soloable instance. I am not happy about this. I get you want people to do strikes, but forcing it on people who want to play the main story is not the way to go about it.

It is a bit tedious but can you do it solo without problems (at least the first one).

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:I was ready to write something vitriolic because of the bug, and then I met Snargle Goldclaw.

This release could have been just Snargle and Bonnie and I would have been happy. The dialogue and interaction.... the way he speaks... her interruptions. I loved it.

It was a good fun bit of interaction. I had hoped it would link to some collection. Maybe it does and I haven't discovered it yet and it unlocks a title of

"Fifty Shades of Fur"

shudder

edit: Ah nevermind, I found a collection

@Wwefan.4982 said:

@Lizdeath.5143 said:Sadtimes, I was under the impression SAB was also in this patch

Why they literally said in the road map blog from last week that the next update after Visions will be SAB not Visions will come with SAB?

I have a reading related learning disability, it happens. Plus others I know also misread it and thought it was this patch

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:I was ready to write something vitriolic because of the bug, and then I met Snargle Goldclaw.

This release could have been just Snargle and Bonnie and I would have been happy. The dialogue and interaction.... the way he speaks... her interruptions. I loved it.

It was a good fun bit of interaction. I had hoped it would link to some collection. Maybe it does and I haven't discovered it yet and it unlocks a title of

"Fifty Shades of Fur"

shudder

yes, Smoxxi which has a fine introductional speech. Dream internship. Sign me up!

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

"Fifty Shades of Fur"

shudder

yes, Smoxxi which has a fine introductional speech. Dream internship. Sign me up!

Wasn't referring to SMoxxi

First love the fixes to toughness across guardian, elementalist and warrior. However, now that soulbeast is a viable power build in raids, you should make the same adjustment to the 150 toughness increase that merging with your pet provides. We all adjusted our tanking builds lower after the shift of 250 toughness down on guardian, but we are seeing the same issue with soulbeast now at 1150T. Thanks for considering these adjustments as it makes for a better experience, but please keep it consistent.

Sincerely,Every raiding tank that wants to run 1005T.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

required

I disagree wholeheartedly. You should have to do group content in an MMO. This is not a single player game. People who push this to be a solo experience are why many people only come back every 3 months or so to just complete story then move on to other games. Guild Wars needs to get back to fostering more people playing group content together instead of just forcing us all into easy encounters that can be solo ran. It's fostering why there is such a huge gap between the top and bottom skill levels of players. Ultimately, challenge in games is a good thing.

The first instance was a bit annoying at the start and it was because of it being a multiplayer instance. Before the tank rolled out, there were some side events, apparently. I had to collect some ingredients. So I got 2. Then that event ended and I just stood there armed with a snowball. But fear not, another event started immediately, yay! Some potions needed to be delivered or something. By the time I walked back to where a row of potions was laid out on the ground, being delayed by a veteran bear that needed killing because it wouldn't break combat, that event also suddenly ended. Probably just time-filler events without much challenge, but what the hell? I want to play that instance, not have other people play it for me. Being "cheated" out of 2 events like that had me start the real mission with a feeling of frustration. Not a good first impression.

The mission itself was fun, though the last bit took a little too long for my taste. Transitioning to the next instance didn't work. I had to leave the instance and get in from the Eye.

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:

required

I disagree wholeheartedly. You should have to do group content in an MMO. This is not a single player game. People who push this to be a solo experience are why many people only come back every 3 months or so to just complete story then move on to other games.

Actually, GW2 is (or should I say "was"?) a very solo friendly game/MMO, and because of this, the game has a lot of players that do no want to group with other players in instances.

And if the company wants to change this "basic product feature" now, and wants to ignore those players/customers, it could result in the leaving of more and more unhappy players/customers.

So far it looks interesting but I'm very disappointed about the new Hall of Monuments as we're stuck with other players there and for someone like me who's extremely anxious and paranoid this feels bad. Yeah, I know the original HoM had people in it too but there was an instance where the scrying pool was where you were left alone. Sadly as much as I like this area I think I'll avoid it for my own safety because heavily crowded places give me panic attacks most of the time. :(