Achies for legendary trinkets: wvw a breeze, pvp a nightmare

evlover.6270

Can I just point out how huge the difference between the two modes is and how much salt the pvp achies will cause?120 ranked wins + 20 tournament wins vs 100 kills and 100 objective caps.. like.. aren't the two supposed to be equally hard to obtain?

In Wvw, 100 kills and 100 caps just means: tag along with a commander for 1 evening and you'll probably have all of it. That's something you expect to do for an exo skin or something, not for a legendary trinket.

In Pvp on the other hand, 120 ranked wins means quite some time invested and doesn't cause any trouble since you just stick to the matchmaking. That seems about the only achievement that's more or less on point for a legendary. The 20 tournament wins however, seem like a desperate attempt to make people do tournament. Which is a really bad way to handle things and will only cause for a lot of raging and salt. Low skilled people won't be able to get their wins, and highly skilled teams will only get more free wins and unneccesary games that won't grant them any fun.

To me it just doesn't really seem like the impact of the needed tournament wins was considered properly, just as the very little time people will need for the wvw achies, kinda legendary-unworthy.

Honestly I was hyped to see lagendary amulet for pvp but when I saw achieves.... Come on, solo players won't be able to get the amulet. I do not see any issue with rankeds because you can pug it but if you do not have any friends like me for example it's impossible to play tournaments.... Hit me when there is any other legendary amulet to obtain in 5 years....

I totally agree here. As a mediocre pvp player that is trying to improve, not sure jumping in tournaments will bring any benefit.(other than make people who try hard angry or just easy wins for the lucky ones ^^ )

I see they want to get more people into tournaments, but on top aren't they a bit time-gated too ? I only ever did play once, but i didn't feel like i was up to par really to keep going. Hope that achievement is not really needed or changed.

Where do you even see the achievements? They're not under the Legendary Trinket collections...

And based on what you listed, yeah, PvP one is a nonstarter. You have to:

1. Be available at one of the tournament start times (I am not, they don't coincide with my game time)
  2. Also have 4 other players who want to do the tournament and are available at one of the start times (exponentially compounding the challenge in #1)
  3. Basically be willing to sit around for 2 hours waiting for your matches (as I understand how the Swiss format has been going)
  4. Hope that you manage not to catch a dedicated PvP team and are able to get a win.
  5. Do this 20 times

No. Just no. Complete nonstarter for I'd guess almost all players who aren't already into the tournament scene as their primary enjoyment in GW2.

The disparity here looks like a massive mistake, if it is as we believe it to be. Can you imagine the level of botting / account trading / cheating this will encourage in PvP?

This idea is horribly bad. Please tell us this is a simple misunderstanding.

Also horribly bad is making the new story for 5 people, rather than just 1. I hope this is just a misunderstanding.

Tournaments ... would be equivalent to asking a weak WvW server (back in the days when servers like Underworld weren't linked to stronger servers) to hold Stonemist for a day without it getting taken away - in a matchup with other top tier servers.

Tournament in PvP are afaik only something top level players can get. (Don't think there is enoug population to go in with a lower ranked tier and play amongst the same level - with team matchmaking matching teams of similar strength ... they might just encounter platin ranked enemies as bronze players lol.)

Now ... legendaries are something not everyone should be able to get. Then again: For PvE it is just possible for everyone and the only "hard" thing is the amount of time it takes. (And yeah ... normal ranked wins are easy in PvP ... just takes time.)

The effects are just ugly, sorry Anet but there is no other words to describe it. I was really excited about the two finals pieces of the set but now that I saw the effect I'm very disappointing and sad...

What was the point with the beautiful and evolutive Aurora/Vision/Coalescence and these two ones ? Is that a part of the whole set or they are two different set of legendary trinkets ?

And please the obtension, this is madness. Please do something better with the Aurora/Vision/Coalescence set. Please !!!

So they have nothing to do with the PvE and Raid trinkets in terms of a set. Good, the rest of us can wait until they add an Amulet and Ring to PvE to upgrade the ugly 3 trinket combo we have now. 1 and 2 look fine but then that black stuff floating overhead waiting to pop and dump on you like a septic tank is something I want to upgrade past in a second.

Well i was thinking about jumping back in after a 5 month hiatus to get me some legendary. But after seeing the requirements online i figure nope. I always hated this forceful play. Here's a thought how about make 3 different sets of legendary trinkets for the 3 modes of play. Fuck pvp, fuck wvw and as a matter of fact fuck you for trying me with this moldy, stale, and stinky carrot.

@"Patty.3268" said:But is it really tournament wins or is it tournament match wins? Winning 20 Tournaments would be much harder than "just" 20 matches in tournaments. Has someone already partipated in a tournament?

You just have to win a match, but getting a "bye" doesn't count for one.

@"Patty.3268" said:But is it really tournament wins or is it tournament match wins? Winning 20 Tournaments would be much harder than "just" 20 matches in tournaments. Has someone already partipated in a tournament?

Matches, but that's already very luck based since you need to hope not to draw a dedicated pvp team while you're probably just pugging a team on lfg. Complete tournament wins would've been impossible for pretty much everyone who's not in a dedicated team (and would encourage wintrading even more). So at least they left a small ray of light to get it if you think you can get lucky with pugs 20 times but expect to have to participate in well over 40 tournaments to get it since the chances on even just winning the first match will be way below 50%.