What is even the point of playing power mesmer?

Lincolnbeard.1735

@JETWING.2759 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Want better burst? Thief,
engie
, ranger.Want better sustain damage? thief,
engie
, ranger.Want better mobility? Thief,
engie
, ranger.Want better sustain? Thief,
engie
, rangerWant better cc? thief, engie, ranger.

Teach me plz =)What build are you talking about? =)

its at a point where you can just use build randomizer and you prolly gonna have better build anyways :D

Holo...Not...Just cc him and Ok!Sad to see Holos running away from D/D Tempest in current days...Fighting at ranged with their Rifle while Mesmers (Core, Chrono or Mirage), Necros (Core, Reaper or Scourge) or Guardians (Core, DH or FB) comes close without fear.

@JETWING.2759 said:Holo...Not...Just cc him and Ok!Sad to see Holos running away from D/D Tempest in current days...Fighting at ranged with their Rifle while Mesmers (Core, Chrono or Mirage), Necros (Core, Reaper or Scourge) or Guardians (Core, DH or FB) comes close without fear.

With what cc?Power mesmer has not enough burst and sustain damage to take down an holo.Holo has more movement access and cc access than mesmer, as soon as holo is close is done deal.

@JETWING.2759 said:Holo...Not...Just cc him and Ok!Sad to see Holos running away from D/D Tempest in current days...Fighting at ranged with their Rifle while Mesmers (Core, Chrono or Mirage), Necros (Core, Reaper or Scourge) or Guardians (Core, DH or FB) comes close without fear.

mesmer comes close without fear? the only reason mesmers come clones without fear is becouse we know for a fact we will die. but we have to anyways.whats the point of fearing death if we know it happens and we cant do jack to stop it, might as well kick back, relax and embrace what is to come.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been testing power mirage today in ranked, some things bother me :

• Clones direct damage ambush on sword and axe does 50 damage ?
  • Rupt from clones ambush didn't trigger Vicious expression or there is a hidden icd ?
  • Or I was drunk when I check damage logs ?

If it's the case for both, I don't see the interest to take IH over EM. Or even mirage. Mean if it's only for the rupt with a 1 sec animation on clones and for sword mobility, seems pretty bad in direct damage.

Edit :

• Clones direct damage is effectively near 0.
  • Rupt from clones seems to trigger vicious expression after more testing.
  • Misha use EM last At.

@viquing.8254 said:I have been testing power mirage today in ranked, some things bother me :

• Clones direct damage ambush on sword and axe does 50 damage ?
  • Rupt from clones ambush didn't trigger Vicious expression or there is a hidden icd ?
  • Or I was drunk when I check damage logs ?

If it's the case for both, I don't see the interest to take IH over EM. Or even mirage. Mean if it's only for the rupt with a 1 sec animation on clones and for sword mobility, seems pretty bad in direct damage.

Edit :

• Clones direct damage is effectively near 0.
  • Rupt from clones seems to trigger vicious expression after more testing.
  • Misha use EM last At.

VE works with IH clone ambush but the leaps are unreliable and often dont connect. In theory it is good but yeah.

• 4 weeks later...

@otto.5684 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Oh I donno 14+k burst from stealth and crazy high evasiveness, seems pretty worthy of play to me

Core highly evasive?

I have not seen Mesmer power being successfully played in sPvP game since the update.

Because you really can't. Considering ONCE AGAIN changing my WvW Ascended armor from Viper to either Carrion or Trailblazers.

• 2 weeks later...

What? All medium armors being objectively better than power mes? It’s almost like I’ve been saying that since release.

But the bads in pvp cried their way to victory.Karl has always been biased against the class.Top players were calling it OP even though mes mains played thief in major tournies pre hot.Bunch of other crazy double standards over the years I’m to freaking tired of re-hashing to cite here.Now a thief got hired to do balance so it’s even more worthless, and even Condi thief is safer than condi mirage.

So now I’m paying subs for FFXIV at the behest of my irl friends amidst the lock down, and haven’t completed masteries in Icebrood, cuz A-net doesn’t deserve my money, time, or effort.

Prior to the damage cuts the only nerfs that were justified for power was Evasive mirror and mirage cloak duration. At the very least jaunts and vigor should have been restored.

Yeah just wait to mesmers not being represented in At at all, it's just started recently with no mesmers in final and semi, maybe when the class proportion will be the lowest in the game like it was in vanilla with engi, we will get fun gameplay.