Current season leaderboard

Guest [Deleted User]

All the people saying that "they are just the best" are overlooking the obvious. I don't think anyone's disputing that they are among or perhaps even the best players mechanically. But there's something else going on to have a 106-1 record in an standardized competitive game with good matchmaking. Lebron James may be the best basketball player in the world, but if he plays 100 1v1 games against other NBA players I absolutely do not think he wins 99 of them.

One of two things must be happening:

1. The skill disparity of these top 3 players is just so incomprehensibly vast that even playing against other top 10 players repeatedly they simply cannot be beat, they are just that good (Highly unlikely)

2. The population is so small that these players are able to basically control the matchmaker through their behavior to never give them a match that they might plausibly lose.

There's just no other explanations for how you can amass a perfect record like that if you are playing people even remotely close to your skill level a reasonable number of times per season. To use the basketball analogy again, though, I'm still not sure why that continues to be fun to these players season after season. If Lebron played those 1v1 games against high school players and made sure he was never on the court when another NBA player showed up, yeah, he'd win 100% of the time, but I don't think that would be very interesting for him or sate the desire for competition.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's both skill and shadyness. Of course if you a top 10 player and team up and only que every match with another top 10 player then que away from other top 10 players who que with each other then you get matched with well below your skill level and can feel so great never losing. If you are too much of a pussy to never solo que ever w/o checking your frands list to see if other good players are playing and if they are you log into a alt to farm lower tier then yes you are the problem and also a lil bitch. Now if you aren't doing that I'm not talking to you so don't get all emo responding.

Pre nerf you could play some variation of rev/fb/necro and win free against every team that wasn't playing the same. Then you win free vs every duo mechanically worse than you.

All thats left is to avoid players who would give you a tough time, which is pretty easy.

But why sweat to get a high rating when top 250 shares the same reward set? Beats me...

Ps - some of you desperately need spellcheck.

Lol the one loss is there to avoid accusations of cheating, it obviously failed to do so. They shoulda had 11 or so losses if they were smart match manipulators haha. They just make it look obvious as it is, they must think people are really simple lol more so then the majority of us do as well I mean. So in more than 100+ matches no one was close enough in skill with access to same classes etc to get lucky rounds in except one team one time lmao and the other in 60 matches same thing? Lol right. Guess there just that good.For all u who believe this is legit I've got some items for sale I'm sure ud be interested in lol.

It's as if someone uses the most broken comps available like dung beatles a pile of crap. I'm pretty sure the "top" lol used broken comps like fb and core necro for a week till it was nerfed to hell.

As useual just basement trolls playing off hours and using as broken of a comp as they can and claiming they are good.

Soo much trash was swept out when the second real nerf to fb was done.

As I've pointed out before all the "tin foil hat" stuff aside if the system was working like a ranked system is suppose to they shouldn't really have higher than a 70%-ish win rate because they should be getting paired with people of similar skill level. I'm not claiming I don't deserve my personal ranking or that the top players are not good players. Due to how you can meta game the system and and top players getting paired with people in gold/plat these can cheese their win rates. Just to clarify I'm not saying top players don't deserve their spots on the leader boards, just that their win rates are not "real" but from manipulating the system. How much better meta comps are than non-meta too doesn't help either.

If top players tryhard on an optimal duo it's the natural result. A few players can pull off several classes on top level, which helps with adapting the comp to the latest meta. As Ryan has pointed out with the right class combinations you stomp on pretty much every other duo irrespectively of skill, and if you're then better than most others on the tryhard comps it's the natural result. On NA the number of top players is very small, so it's easy for them to avoid the few "dangerous" other duos and then farm freely. On EU the W/L aren't as unreal as on NA, but even here Drazeh has now hit 2100 rating on a LB where P1 is still Top 100, so it's essentially the same thing.

ya'll got it the other way around :joy:all these other top 10 top 20 duos stay dodging mei want their rating u think i give a fk abt farming +1 rating games at 2033 rating thats literally the reason i stopped qing 2s except for decay whereas early on i was spamming it2s give no rewards so who fkin caresbut ye when i q with helio or mark or xyras we havent lost a game fb crev is most busted 2 comp and we play fb and crev better than any1 else and when you're 50% of your team effort wise and ur duo is the other 50 its very easy to win 106-0(my loss was a crash i didnt lose to any1 SMD INTERNET) especially when u dont have to carry 60% deadweights in normal ranked who will always bring u down. ezclap thx for all the shoutouts tho

all my games streamed during NA PRIMETIME not on me all these 1800+ duos dodging cuz they wanna keep their badge xDDDD

It’s honestly very simple why ppl have insane win ratios. Low population aside even playing with a duo at normal hours or “off hours” literally is like a guarantee to be against 2 ppl in gold even if you are a duo in legend, ofc that is almost always a win. Sometimes if there is one decent duo on at the time you may end up playing then over and over, for one if your duo is already much stronger than it’s a free win and if not it’s amazingly ez to dodge this duo so that you will 100% be against 2 gold solo qers.I don’t think it’s wintrading, but it’s a little shady that ppl play in off hours for ez legend, but not much I can do about it my suggestion just get to s decent elo like pla2-3 which I find kind of ez on meta builds rn and just climb to legend your self. Even if u cannot do this just get top 250 as all titles are the same for this season

I guess this is N/A that this is directed at as it certainly fits the meme.

If the top spots are some no-names that no-one has seen then I'd be less concerned about the skill of the person behind the keyboard, they probably got there legit depending on your point of view but I'd be more concerned about whether the player is the account owner.

How much real dollars are top slots being sold for again? Was it $100 on the Discord? I guess prices might have gone up with this one being unique.

If u guys can't beat them in 2vs2 wat makes u think 1vs1 gonna make a difference ?

Half these post now are just straight complains about Players Skill level, Dead Specs memeing bad players and everyone crying Nerf. Ya'll need to relax and actually put some effort in either getting better or learning HOW to COUNTER certain builds/classes.

also 2vs2 a fucking meme why is ANYONE taking it serious when the reward is a top 250 title only?

@zoopop.5630 said:If u guys can't beat them in 2vs2 wat makes u think 1vs1 gonna make a difference ?

Half these post now are just straight complains about Players Skill level, Dead Specs memeing bad players and everyone crying Nerf. Ya'll need to relax and actually put some effort in either getting better or learning HOW to COUNTER certain builds/classes.

also 2vs2 a kitten meme why is ANYONE taking it serious when the reward is a top 250 title only?

Eh 2v2s are a lot different than 1v1s, especially considering the map size we're given.

Some classes like fb and crev are very strong when paired together but definitely more manageable on their own.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:If u guys can't beat them in 2vs2 wat makes u think 1vs1 gonna make a difference ?

also 2vs2 a kitten meme why is ANYONE taking it serious when the reward is a top 250 title only?

Eh 2v2s are a lot different than 1v1s, especially considering the map size we're given.

Some classes like fb and crev are very strong when paired together but definitely more manageable on their own.

Personally, I want to know where I rank among the potatoes in 1 v 1.

@shadowpass.4236 said:Forcing solo que down the throats of other players won't change anything except kitten them off.

Well, the contrary is also true.

I am not advocating for removing DuoQ but Anet must enforce game parity in ranked where Duo can only plays against another Duo.

In 2V2, the advantage of DuoQ vs SoloQ is such that mixing both Q style in an individual based leaderboard has little meaning.

There are many reasons why the MMS is not suited today to match equally skilled teams being Solo or Duo. Let's not debate about it but the fact is it doesn't work and Solo Queing is becoming the antithesis of competitive PVP.

@Ivarian.9018 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Forcing solo que down the throats of other players won't change anything except kitten them off.

Well, the contrary is also true.

I am not advocating for removing DuoQ but Anet must enforce game parity in ranked where Duo can only plays against another Duo.

In 2V2, the advantage of DuoQ vs SoloQ is such that mixing both Q style in an individual based leaderboard has little meaning.

There are many reasons why the MMS is not suited today to match equally skilled teams being Solo or Duo. Let's not debate about it but the fact is it doesn't work and Solo Queing is becoming the antithesis of competitive PVP.

Both are bad with low pop. But duo que is the lesser of two evils.