Looking Ahead to Spring, Summer, and the Future

I really want them a great CINEMATIC with a great graphic for the expansion for those who don't know guild wars a lot of my friends play WOW but when they see guild wars game they really like it and the only reason they didn't know about this game is that there is no great CINEMATIC for the game and if they add these things that would be great Player Item Check ( that we can check other players items )New RaceNew ClassNew Raids - 20 man raid contentNew Dungeons -make people do more dungeons by adding some thing special in themNew MountsNew FractalsOpen world DUELNew Elite Specializations

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think it makes more sense to split the thematics of the Ritualist into new elite specs.Summoning ghosts dips heavily into necromancer thematics. Holding the ashes of long gone heroes is a mechanic that fits Revenants way too well, since they already canalise the ghosts of dead heroes in their base mechanic.

But yes, alot of this stuff would be awesome.My personal biggest hope is that we will get an elite spec for engineer that focuses on chemicals. We already have the steampunk mechanical espec with Scrapper and the cyberpunk hologram espec with Holosmith. Getting something that focuses on biopunk alchemy usage would be great.

I'm not expecting Ritualist to ever show up outside of NPC's at this point. They really don't fit with nerco's since there was that solid divide in the original GW between the two. They sort of fit into Revenants though. Ritualist basically get their power from channeling spirits from the mists. Revenants show up because Rytlock spending time in the Mists so...yeah sorta works. Their skill set was versatile and I can see it working with Revenant. Though to be fair, i think Revenant was basically a rework of Ritualist anyway.

@"Malavian.4695" said:Just a bit on the wild side here, but I would almost prefer if they added Tengu as a playable race and expanded the choice of racial skills unexpectedly. It would certainly lead to some unexpected changes in game play and styles.

I suspect IF (a big one) They do add Tengu as a playable race it wont have the whole "my story" bit for killing Zhaitan,which isn't bad. It would honestly require so much work in recording voice acting that it would be to much. They would need their own epic opening that set them up to a level LIKE being Commander without the whole Zhaitan story.,if that makes sense. I suspect if they do add them as a playable race that they may only have access to certain classes,or their own unique class, to limit the work of animating armors for them. Doable but a lot of effort. So we shall see.

@hugo.4705 said:Charming, I'm impatient to discover the Echovald Forest, hope they render it well.

It was my favorite area in GW1 by a wide margin. Cool architecture surrounded by a creepy, atmospheric half stone, half alive forest. Really neat location.

Lore wise, the forest should be green again, and the Jade sea more sea than Jade, but I'm still looking forward to some cathedral like areas in-between tall tall trees.

@Wheezy.2846 said:

@hugo.4705 said:Charming, I'm impatient to discover the Echovald Forest, hope they render it well.

It was my favorite area in GW1 by a wide margin. Cool architecture surrounded by a creepy, atmospheric half stone, half alive forest. Really neat location.

Lore wise, the forest should be green again, and the Jade sea more sea than Jade, but I'm still looking forward to some cathedral like areas in-between tall tall trees.

I still expect the Forest to be pretty dark and gloomy. And the Sea to be bustling with floating man made islands. Perhaps on the backs of turtles. With strong tempests around the temple to the south of it.

@Lily.1935 said:

I still expect the Forest to be pretty dark and gloomy. And the Sea to be bustling with floating man made islands. Perhaps on the backs of turtles. With strong tempests around the temple to the south of it.

I would for sure like dense fog making a sort of oppressive atmosphere. I like storms too. (But not too much hey, want to take cool screenshots).

@hugo.4705 said:I'm a big fan of gothic architecture, I just read on the wiki that kurzicks had an architecture very inspired by that movement. I will stay a lot around the gothic structures to take screenshots if it's true.

This is why i wanted Cantha back. I loved how the kurzick lands looked, and (hopefully) be excited about how they look now.

Wish list :

1. JQ & FA
  2. Echovald forest
  3. Jade Sea.Will stop living in real life and explore Echovald Forest & the Jade Sea once again, hopefully with even better graphics which will give me even more spectacular and awing views of these areas. Week-ends I will be in JQ / FA. All day long. Turtles!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Can we also get Urgoz & Kanaxai?P.P.S. Can we also have Oni all over the place spawning like in GW1?

Wish and idea list:

• Greatsword for Revenant (I LOVE greatswords and revenants, but can't play both at same time Т_Т) So, maybe, we can have this as new iteration of greatswords. We already have long-based Mesmer GS and few variations of melee GS... But what about support-defensive GS? In one Chinese novel I read that: "greatsword is weapon that help you protect someone, not for attacking" - yes, it's more like idiom (?..), but...
    Someone already talked about Spiritualists/Revenants, so... maybe something like spirits and GS skill-set, that buff allies would be interesting mechanic. And, with corresponding elite-trait, buff pets/summoning creatures for more stats than buffing other players? Like support pet-oriented revenant. We can have not only source of damage for this kind of spec (because buffs for the spirits), but also variations for allies: with this buffs from spec maybe we can even see minion-Necros, illusion (not shatter) based PvE Mesmers, beastmaster-hunters ets in the top-tier PvP.So GS-skills can be something like evasions, blocks and buffs on territory (like creating rifts with GS-strike, which can support allies - so it's more like ethereal based skills on GS). I think that would be not so bad and boring idea. So in this variation, GS can be smthing like "heavy sword, which can strike through fibber of reality" - so it's not like any other variations of greatswords and also - can be pretty interesting in gameplay, like not only damage enemies, but also using this heavy weapon as instrument or magic-conductor to affect battle.... - and little more "also": I think that most of revenant players are waiting for a two-handed sword on a revenant more than any other weapon.P.S. Greatsword will be best variation of the weapons because of the several reasons:1) Greatsword - one of the most based weapons for any warrior-like class, so why can revenant use much more heavy hammer, but can't use greatsword? And it's not like class uniqueness, because, as example, staff and scepter can use almost any magic-based class.2) Revenants are "battle-mage" (and little more battle than magic) type of class, so full-magic weapon like focus or scepter wouldn't be so good. And revenant don't have enough "heavy" equipment at the moment. And yes - what the warrior class, which can't use Greatswords (also without proper lore-based reason)?!
  • Phoenix as pet (like in first part of GW), and maybe rainbow one too?.. (unique one from GW1) as hard-earning bonus from some achievement.
  • More underwater combat. Yes, maybe there were not ideal, but it have very good and refreshing mechanics, so little more battles under water - may be good idea.
  • More PvP and Guild-based mechanics, like in GW1. And little more fractals (maybe levels after 100) and 1-2 raids. Because even for newbies - some time later they wouldn't be newbies anymore, so everyone need mechanics - not only to play every time, but something, which you can describe as "long-time goal" in game.

• 1 month later...

I'm excited for Cantha but slightly disappointed that it looks like Northern Tyria is gonna get passed over for the expansion-level treatment.

I'm loving the Icebrood Saga, but it would have been great to have the sheer flood of assets/features, etc. for the Norn and Charr that an expansion brings, and the ability to really flesh out the more obscure lore up there (Jotun, Janthir).

I'm going to be slightly bummed to go back to a human-centric expansion just when we're finally getting a good spotlight on the other races for the first time in quite a while.

But in the big picture, those are small gripes and I'm still very excited for Cantha! And of course you can't hit everyone's ideal expansion, so I'm honestly not complaining.

But if there's ever an expansion 4, please consider going somewhere new! You have such an amazing team and art/map design crew that I would deeply love to see them go wild on a new part of Tyria that no one has ever seen before so they can just go crazy without constraints!

Yeah... another human centric thing.... I only hope for new horizons. In all the places available in Tyria, they decided again to return to a gw1 area...cnudMWs.jpgSunrise Crest, Forsaken Cliffs, the very intriguing not real..... I can only hope we REALLY explore woodland cascades and not only gw1 verdant cascades!

https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/guide/?v=4&x=-473&y=938&z=080% of gw2 maps are located at Gw1 maps! Orr is the only new region....If I want to be rude I could say the two expacs were humans and don't even explored new lands. Just following footsteps of gw1. I agree it's easier to design something that already exist. Who know, maybe I will be happy with Cantha, but to me it's just dust and nostalgia. As said above, you have amazing teams, use them to design amazing stuffs never seen before.