Please quit added PvE shiny graphics to WvW

Tibicia.8315

Please, for the love of Dwayna, can we stop this? Please, please, please quit adding shiny graphics to WvW. Quit designing PvE items for WvW. (This is starting to look like one of those really junky Korean pay to win games that most of us chose to avoid...if I wanted to play one of those, well, there are plenty out there that look like drug induced hallucinations of fireworks that would make a 5-year old jump up and down in glee) People with graphics or connectivity issues are suffering, and some of these guys are really good players who I greatly enjoy gaming with. I've known several players who have now quit this game, they did so because of the DC's (much due to graphics bombs) and I miss them! Instead, the good players are being replaced with the really awful random-knock-back-because-I-have-no-idea-what-button-I'm-pushing rangers, who ask if we can capture a tower so they can get a WvW mount. Plus that new bear mount has a graphic that looks like an explosion, and every time I see it, I think some enemy is attacking. It's getting annoying as ...a-bad-word-that-would-get-me-banned...

Please, please, please, stop this horrible downward spiral into unartistic, graphical overload. Instead, please focus on the actual content. Keep the blinding graphical explosions and ugly floating orbs in PvE.

Thank you!

@Randalph.9172 said:

@"Tibicia.8315" said:Actually, I want the ring for the ability to change stats. I do NOT want to have to put up with the stupid balls attached to it. If I PvE'd anymore, I'd be pissed that it didn't go with my armor.

Then just use this one like I do & re-attune it as required.
)

Thats not help so much... if you have 6 equip templates ... im changing stats a lot on eq... but dont like effects as much ... would love option to unclick visibility of that....

Agreed. They REALLY need to add an option to disable trinket auras or cosmetic auras in general. I don't want to have to turn everyone's entire armour off (standard models) just coz of a few christmas trees who like being smothered in a random selection of vajazzled baubles - it ruins videos.

PS: the standard models setting doesn't take into account flashy mounts etc, standard models should be standard models for everything.

PPS: also consider adding a hero-panel display tick-box to all accessories, not just backpiece.

Thanks.

ye the bear is retarded first few times i saw it, i was like wtf is that for skill who casted it? why no1 is in combat? :Dfor the rest i have every1 in WvW set as Human with green/red/blue armor so couldnt care how flashy they are dressed up on my screen every1 is a human with green red or blue armor ;)

@"Taylan.2187" said:Completely agree. The flashy stuff is SO annoying. They ought to allow players to disable having to see it. In WvW/PvP at least you can enable "standard character models" which disables that stuff but I want that in PvE too!

I kinda have to agree to a degree, I like some of the flashy stuff but there are some people in the game who don't seem content until they look like a rainbow coloured star that can blind a whole map upon entering the area.

It does get excessive and there is an option to use low res character models but that applies to everyone not just the majestic ones running about.I would like more options to disable some specific effects or at least limit them, I personally don't care for the floaty ball effects on some of the legendary stuff and I've not persued them because of it.They would work on some of my characters but not others and the ones i'd use the item on tend to be the ones they wouldn't work with.

It actually isn't any better to have this in PvE - even in 5 person fractals, it is difficult enough to see through the visual noise, you have to rely on memory of the mechanics, which is fine for vets, not so good for players new to the mode. Now add in new world bosses (Drakkar) and Strike Missions, it only makes things harder.

Wait. Didn't they make it so the normal legendary is without effects and if you do want an effect you have to flush it down the toilet with the 250 dyes? That seems to give ppl the option to just get the leggy for the stat switching and /or their effect, if so desired.

Or did I read that wrong?

For me it's nothing to do with PC power, but everything to do with not being able to see shit coz of a few muppets insisting that I admire their balls. I don't want everyone on crappy basic armour settings but if anet keep adding more particle fiesta to wvw then I have no choice (RIP decent looking toons in videos).

I'd like more choices please. I wish to disable viewing of the complete idiots, not the whole game. :P

@Luranni.9470 said:Agreed. They REALLY need to add an option to disable trinket auras or cosmetic auras in general. I don't want to have to turn everyone's entire armour off (standard models) just coz of a few christmas trees who like being smothered in a random selection of vajazzled baubles - it ruins videos.

PS: the standard models setting doesn't take into account flashy mounts etc, standard models should be standard models for everything.

PPS: also consider adding a hero-panel display tick-box to all accessories, not just backpiece.

Thanks.

I like that idea alot and it would be nice if theres an aura option to just turn it off client side so the people that spent millions of gold that want to look like a lightbulb can still keep their auras and the people that have outdated computer can still run their game without wondering whats going on in the game especially in wvw.

@"Tibicia.8315" said:Please, for the love of Dwayna, can we stop this? Please, please, please quit adding shiny graphics to WvW. Quit designing PvE items for WvW. (This is starting to look like one of those really junky Korean pay to win games that most of us chose to avoid...if I wanted to play one of those, well, there are plenty out there that look like drug induced hallucinations of fireworks that would make a 5-year old jump up and down in glee) People with graphics or connectivity issues are suffering, and some of these guys are really good players who I greatly enjoy gaming with. I've known several players who have now quit this game, they did so because of the DC's (much due to graphics bombs) and I miss them! Instead, the good players are being replaced with the really awful random-knock-back-because-I-have-no-idea-what-button-I'm-pushing rangers, who ask if we can capture a tower so they can get a WvW mount. Plus that new bear mount has a graphic that looks like an explosion, and every time I see it, I think some enemy is attacking. It's getting annoying as ...a-bad-word-that-would-get-me-banned...

Please, please, please, stop this horrible downward spiral into unartistic, graphical overload. Instead, please focus on the actual content. Keep the blinding graphical explosions and ugly floating orbs in PvE.

Thank you!

+10

It's not going to impact network connectivity but it feels like I'm in a 70's disco rave while having a stroke half the time.

The gritty aesthetic of the core game was one of the big reasons I loved it so much early on. A few weapons with slight particle effects here and there are fine, but we're just so far gone it's ridiculous. The elite specs also exacerbate the problem so much. The game really does look cheap, because these kinds of sprites and effects are often used to cover for bad animation quality.

Auras are a mess and between the rainbow disco of particles it can't even be seen what the heck is going on half the time.

Removed/reduced particles in competitive modes would be an awesome slider/toggle. I really don't care what the guy with the legendary thinks. They should be getting the skin for themselves and not for the sake of bragging. I want to see diverse models, especially because it makes it easier to pick out distinct targets early on, but there's a huge issue I have with the sheer amount of anime-BS going on in the game these days.